• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

pixelation

BEXGee4.gif

Man, how can you not love crazy dude Lawler?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I wouldn't discount Sage just yet. He's still a kid. I do think he needs to get away from his dad and stay put at a top tier team.

Wonderboy has been able to recover since being derailed by Matt Brown. So yeah, Sage has plenty of time.

Loss is good for Sage. It exposes the glaring hole in his game and should give him focus and humility. He is a white belt in jiu jitsu and needs to put in the hours on the mat to improve.

Lokbob

Loss is good for Sage. It exposes the glaring hole in his game and should give him focus and humility. He is a white belt in jiu jitsu and needs to put in the hours on the mat to improve.

His Wikipedia acutally says hes a purple belt in jiu jitsu.

brentech

after about 25 fights, i think I can firmly say the new grappling system is trash. Feels like it goes against the reasons they said they made it this way.

brentech

Why do you feel that way? What do you dislike specifically about it?

said they made it so it wasn't so turn based. Totally feels that way when you almost always trade transitions against your opponent. Punches on the ground don't always come off. Maybe it feels better with high tier fighters and not ultimate team scrubs, which seems like a surprisingly good mode (I'd never spend a cent on one of those modes, but they seem to have good coin earnings to where it's only a couple fights needed to buy a new pack).

Yaari

said they made it so it wasn't so turn based. Totally feels that way when you almost always trade transitions against your opponent. Punches on the ground don't always come off. Maybe it feels better with high tier fighters and not ultimate team scrubs, which seems like a surprisingly good mode (I'd never spend a cent on one of those modes, but they seem to have good coin earnings to where it's only a couple fights needed to buy a new pack).

There have been some complaints about the denial windows on the ground. I hope they'll take it into consideration.

Also yeah GNP is difficult to get off, requiring that transition, but most of the time you already lost position before you get it done.

I agree on the UT mode. It's cool.

industrian

Regarding the landscape of the HW division... how long before Dana and Co. hook up Conor Mac with their doctors and get him dat dere Olympic-grade horsemeat?

The idea of Ben Rothwell getting a title shot in 2016 is quite something.

industrian

Jesus Christ Superstar Benson Henderson signs with Bellatoe.

I'm surprised at this. But then again it's obvious he didn't set the world on fire as LW champ and his run at WW would probably come to an end the second he fought a guy like Condit, MacDonald, Maia, or Woodley.

Benson will be back in the UFC within 3 years though. Probably when Zuffa buy Bellator.

VoxPop

The Blanket is no longer at Bellator, no?

Yeah he's over at OneFC but he isn't exactly setting the MMA world ablaze over there. Hoping he returns to Bellator and reclaim the belt he never lost.

If I were Coker, I'd be doing everything in my power to poach Brock and set up Brock vs Fedor.

zewone

I don't know who told Dana that fans love immediate rematches, but I'm pretty sure we fucking don't.

I can see if it was maybe a bad or close decision, but he got lit up.

Chris defended his belt 3 times, one was a freak accident and the other was old, flabby, non-TRT Belfort. It's not as if he was a 10 year undefeated champ like Aldo, who didn't even get a rematch.

He would have been okay with a warm up match or two while the division continued to progress with new challengers.

Same thing with Cain.

Get this garbage out of here.

Fox318

I don't know who told Dana that fans love immediate rematches, but I'm pretty sure we fucking don't.

Chris defended his belt 3 times, one was a freak accident and the other was old, flabby, non-TRT Belfort. It's not as if he was a 10 year undefeated champ like Aldo, who didn't even get a rematch.

He would have been okay with a warm up match or two while the division continued to progress with new challengers.

Same thing with Cain.

I think the media eats up rematches.

Its for the press and casual fans.

Its an easy story to tell and you can promote using the last fights clips.

Yaari

Yeah. I'm a fan of Weidman, and I don't like Rockhold one bit. But that's another dumb rematch in a list of pointless rematches presented so far. And the one that makes the most sense, never had any chance of happening.

But who's surprised there, Conor obviously has em by the balls.

Oh well. Not like I wouldn't watch or anything like that.

Same thing with Cain.

That's the most ironic part - the one person who truly deserves a rematch doesn't get it. Aldo has been such a dominant champ for years and his loss comes as a flash knock out that some might argue was fluky. Meanwhile, Weidman, Cain, and Rousey all get dominated yet they get rematches. These rematches really backlog some divisions too. Specifically heavyweight.

Top Bottom