• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Haunted

Why are combat sport heavyweight divisions such a drag right now, they used to be the most bombastic and entertaining.

Looking at the top 6 heavyweights in the UFC... none of them can be considered big draws.

Why are combat sport heavyweight divisions such a drag right now, they used to be the most bombastic and entertaining.

Looking at the top 6 heavyweights in the UFC... none of them can be considered big draws.

Because if you are a good enough athlete at heavyweight size nowadays you are herded into football with the dreams of making tens of millions of dollars rather than join the UFC for peanuts.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
That would be a very good fight, but Khabib has pulled out of 3 fights in a row already...It goes without saying, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets injured again.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nurmagomedov is out for as long as Cruz was.

Benson, Overeem, Sterling, and Mitrione all going to Bellator?

Big stars/prospects go to Bellator.
They get big paychecks in order to make Bellator "big".
Bellator fails to make it big.
Viacom sells Bellator to Zuffa.

Guru-Guru

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if Nurmagomedov is out for as long as Cruz was..
If he does fight in April that would already be about a 2 year layoff, who knows how he will look after that...I think it's safe to assume that he will lose some of the explosiveness that he had with regards to his wrestling/takedowns, since all his injuries are knee-related. I'd prefer to see him wrestlefuck and give Pettis his 3rd L in a row.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Did Hendricks even make weight for his last fight?
Nope. Was hospitalized too. I saw earlier this week that his camp was saying that he was already down to 180 or so...I won't believe them until he actually weighs in. Dude is gonna look like Tim Sylvia when he retires.

Kelsdesu

Nope. Was hospitalized too. I saw earlier this week that his camp was saying that he was already down to 180 or so...I won't believe them until he actually weighs in. Dude is gonna look like Tim Sylvia when he retires.

I have to go read to know what happened there. His biggest mistake was dropping Dolce. Holy shit Lol! I just googled how Sylvia looks now 😂

Why does he train like an idiot? Is this how he got hurt?

industrian

"Uploaded on 28 Jul 2011"

That more explains his rotator cuff injuries than anything else. But these videos (especially the leg extensions one) are nothing more than some typical meathead "luk at dat dere wate ma boy be liftin go hevy or go home amirite" mentality - which is still all-too prevalent in the fitness industry.

CZ0u7g7UMAAW_d8.jpg

brentech

Only played 2 matches so far, but the online seems pretty flawless.
Only been on the ground once, initial impression is "meh", but need to understand it a little more. I do like that there is a lot of transitioning, I think I just need to get used to that pace.

I feel like this games gonna have too many jobbers that I don't recognize. I can't imagine how shallow LHW will be in it without sprinkling in legends like Chuck, Tito, Wand, Griffin & Randy

Hope Bork is in the game like last year

industrian

Lawler doesn't mentally break from being wrestlefucked, so I would hate to be GSP if his first fight in 3 years is against him.

broz0rs

Dana doesn't like GSP anymore after all the anti-doping shit he talks about any time he gets the chance, so I think he'll feed him to the champ and send him back into retirement. Silva fight is going to look like a sparring match.

But if he beats Robbie, it will be great for business.

broz0rs

I wouldn't discount Sage just yet. He's still a kid. I do think he needs to get away from his dad and stay put at a top tier team.

Top Bottom