• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Chesskid1

Banned
First fight of WSOF 28 under way. We're at a recplex and there are about a dozen youth volleyball and basketball games ongoing.

@davedoylemma

ahahaah

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Reem/Arlovski in the Netherlands. How that makes any sense for Reem...dunno. 3 fight win streak fighting Andrei who just got KTFO'd.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Dada was in critical condition last night and his heart stopped briefly. Recovering now, but damn, if Bellator keeps up with these amazing freakshow fights, somebody might actually die.

broz0rs

Reem/Arlovski in the Netherlands. How that makes any sense for Reem...dunno. 3 fight win streak fighting Andrei who just got KTFO'd.

Reem likes easy fights, and it's safe to assume he thinks Arlovski will be easy. I think it's a high risk, low reward fight.The weird thing is that Jackson will corner Arlovski. I haven't heard about Winklejohn's involvement though.

dream

1323196986.jpg

ApharmdX

Banned

That's the UFC HW division. It's pretty thin in the top 10, lol.

Overeem will likely win this fight, anyway, and earn a shot at Werdum (or whoever). Anything can happen when you have two guys with glass jaws, but I think a patient Overeem can win on points.

zXe

I like the Reem, but honestly these days I have no care when it comes to the HW division. In fact they could do away with it completely and it wouldn't bother me. I just seems like it might as well be dead, All the exciting HW's have more or less gone now or have become shells of their former self. Do we need a HW division any more?

I still cant believe how shot JDS has become. Unbelievable what can happen when you have incompetent staff that cant throw in the freakin' towel. They should go to jail.

zXe

What about the ref's too though. I was watching the kimbo/dadda 5000 fight earlier and I was just thinking, stop the fight already, dadda was done way before the stoppage. Yea they were both tired as hell, but still those are heavy shots to take.

Just got around to watching Bellator. So Gracie throws a knee at Shamrocks head (which glances) and Shamrock grabs his balls and crumples in pain? WTF?

Also, Kimbo vs Dada was the most embarrassing nonsense ever. That made the fight against Houston Alexander look respectable.

EDIT: Starting WSOF now - is this being held in a rec center or something? It looks like people playing volleyball or basketball in the background.

Haunted

I keep clicking on random shitty Legacy FC and One FC fights uploaded on Youtube and every single one of them is still a higher level of MMA than either of the Bellator 149 main events. :lol

Miller has wins over Robbie Lawler, Tim Kennedy, and Sakuraba. His knees got severely jacked up before returning to the UFC and when he lost his knees, his mind was lost. Dude should really go to Japan and be a TV host over there.

Interesting fight. Anthony Smith looked so smooth and technical in the first 2 rds, compared to sloppy and tired movements from Leleco, but Leleco is just tougher. Bad standups by the ref.

dream

"If you wanna get hurt, I know a guy" is the greatest fucking catchphrase I've ever heard in sports entertainment. My god.

Heel

MMA Supremacy ‏@MMASupremacy
Bellator 149: Kimbo vs Dada 5000 averaged 1.964M viewers, beating the old record held by Bellator 138: Kimbo vs Shamrock 1.58M viewers. #mma

No peak numbers yet. Coker done did it again.

It's gotta drive Dana nuts that he's out here trying to hard to get legitimate attention for the UFC and make people view it as a real sport, and Coker can step in and put together some fuckery in like 5 minutes and steal all the attention.

iddqd

I did not see it live but it looked a lot like a fight were someone understood that Cowboy (US) is really the worst slow starter.
Cowboy (Brazil) put the pressure on and then got defeated by Experience and FightIQ.

Connor or any striker with early urgency and accuracy destroys Cowboy (US).

Rory vs Wonderboy is happening which means Lawler is likely fighting Woodley. I guess Lawler vs Condit is a possibility as is Condit vs Woodley with Lawler getting a much needed rest after the recent wars he's been through.

VoxPop

Rory vs Wonderboy is happening which means Lawler is likely fighting Woodley. I guess Lawler vs Condit is a possibility as is Condit vs Woodley with Lawler getting a much needed rest after the recent wars he's been through.

You can add these

Condit Rory 2
Woodley Wonderboy

I also would like to see a Nick Diaz comeback at 170. Immediate title contender would be great but there are just too many in line right now.

Diaz Wonderboy
Diaz Rory
Diaz Hendricks
Diaz Maia
Diaz Brown

with the eventual Diaz Lawler 2

Also I feel Dong Hyun Kim doesn't get his dues. He's only had 3 losses in 12 years against Condit, Woodley and a freak injury against Maia.

scabro

It's gotta drive Dana nuts that he's out here trying to hard to get legitimate attention for the UFC and make people view it as a real sport, and Coker can step in and put together some fuckery in like 5 minutes and steal all the attention.
yeah i cant believe bellator signed cm punk either

Chesskid1

Banned
bisping has had a pretty nice ufc career for someone who was never able to get close to a title, seems pretty well off. good for him.

i will have a big smile if we see classic silva in this fight. i think it can happen.

bisping has had a pretty nice ufc career for someone who was never able to get close to a title, seems pretty well off. good for him.

i will have a big smile if we see classic silva in this fight. i think it can happen.
Dude is the UK's biggest name and helped spearhead the UFC into Europe.

Helps to also be neighbors in California with Dana White and his family. Kinda like how Vitor and Lorenzo and best buds and share roid needles.

That's the thing though. UFC puts on sham fights too, but where are the numbers? No one cared about the guy who wants to fight CM beating up an MMA photographer. CM is never going to actually fight a real match.

I hope once we get NY the UFC stops pretending that this is some kind of pure athletic competition.

Top Bottom