• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

khabib nurmagomedov ‏@TeamKhabib 17m17 minutes ago

UFC does not want me to fight Connor because they said the time I fought was 2 thousand years ago and I fought Bears!!!😂

lol

joe rogan was talking about conor beating RDA then moving up to fight robbie, maybe just skip RDA. iirc they said conor would beat robbie. probably not happening but thought it was worth mentioning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7nn5w_qS50

apparently rogan recorded wonderboy vs rory promo videos as well

A 25lb weight class jump would not be smart for Connor. I mean unless he's intentionally trying to just get the biggest PPV payouts possible and just peace out from the sport entirely.

A 25lb weight class jump would not be smart for Connor. I mean unless he's intentionally trying to just get the biggest PPV payouts possible and just peace out from the sport entirely.

Yeah I think if Conor was to move up to WW he would need to take time off and put on size and strength. He walks around at 175ish whereas Robbie and others probably walk around over 200.

You guys think Werdum can make weight on 2 weeks notice?

Werdums a heavyweight. Typo?

Oh god I hope they pick Nate...please let it be Nate. Ill max out Conors opening betting line so fast the line will be unplayable after Im done with it.

If Nate wins its going to be a bigger upset than Buster Douglas Mike Tyson.

I wish it was Nick Diaz but he's a bit big. Dos Anjos is going to get shit for this but he trains like a motherfucker and I thought one of the two very well could get hurt before the fight.

VoxPop

As much as I wanted to see Conor challenged, Nate Diaz is stylistically one of the better fights they can make. I want to see how Conor handles all the taunting and the size/reach advantage. Nate isn't easily stopped either. I wanna see how great boxing and jits hold up against him. Not to mention Nate has a nice size + reach advantage.

As much as I wanted to see Conor challenged, Nate Diaz is stylistically one of the better fights they can make. I want to see how Conor handles all the taunting and the size/reach advantage. Nate isn't easily stopped either. I wanna see how great boxing and jits hold up against him. Not to mention Nate has a nice size + reach advantage.

Does Nate have Nick's chin???

Probably not but it shouldn't be subpar.

I think that's exactly his plan. Smart.

I mean.. I guess? The key is a good investment plan and a sustainable business and it could work well.

I only really see Ferguson as a real threat to Conor, the other two guys would get beaten fairly easily by Conor.

Diaz upsets people regularly and it just depends on what version of Cerrone shows up. Since joining the UFC he's focused on his standup but as he showcased he's got a dangerous ground game and we still haven't seen McGregor really be tested there yet.

He's only been stopped twice in 12 years. Once by Josh Thomson (I think Nick threw in the towel) and a submission loss to Hermes Franca a decade ago.

This is the only realistic fight that makes sense to me.

Nate doesn't give a fuck about short notice and it will be pretty hype.

Who the hell is going to be excited for Conor against Cerrone???

Yaari

Apparently Nate doesn't want to go down to 165 in 2 weeks, and Conor wants 155, some guy close to them said its no longer an option. But we'll see.

zewone

Nate is the best choice.

Cowboy chokes in big fights.

Pettis would be fun, wouldn't mind it.

Ferguson would be the toughest, but I don't think they want to ruin a Fox card by pulling him off it.

Apparently Nate doesn't want to go down to 165 in 2 weeks, and Conor wants 155, some guy close to them said its no longer an option. But we'll see.

If he get a similar payday to Mendes ($500,000+), Nate would be a fool not to lose those 10 pounds.

VoxPop

Diaz is the correct choice here. He looked phenomenal against Johnson and has the charisma, skills and trash talk to make this exciting as fuck.

Cerrone is going to get liver kicked to Bellator and Pettis is coming off another embarrassing loss (though it would be fun).

Just to get yall hyped

2DEZ3Dq.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RwPu2u4DCQ&feature=youtu.be

Yaari

Conor should just wait for the title fight tbh.

Nah. I'm glad Conor does this shit. Enough fights ruined because people pull out.
Sure, the replacement will never made it the big fight it used to be. But its always better than just cancelling the thing entirely.

-MD-

I'm hoping it's Diaz as well.

Though this would be the best possible situation for Cerrone to win it, he thrives in quick turnarounds like this and he wouldn't have to endure 3 months of Conor's shit to psyche himself out.

zewone

Lol, and Nate doesn't? Name a meaningful fight Nate has won. I agree about Cowboy but don't kid yourself about Nate.

Oh, I don't think Nate will beat Conor, but I think he's more durable won't be a 1st round KO.

Nate has only had one title fight and wasn't finished.

Cowboy came up short in 3 title fights in UFC/WEC. He was finished in 2 of them.

Yaari

So its getting confirmed on SportsCenter later tonight.
I wonder if Conor is going to talk shit to Nate. I mean, Nate will gladly throw down.

Top Bottom