• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Bisping should have went to America to train earlier in his career. But that said he's a pillow-fisted kickboxer, that alone will only take him so far. If I were him I'd be damn grateful of getting to the level that he's at. The fact he's going to easily walk into a commentary/personality role once he retires makes it better for him. I could actually see him retiring after his fight with Silva, but I imagine he wants to have rematches with Hendo and Vitor first.

Yaari

Ugh, reading rumors about RDA breaking his foot. Now I wouldn't post it if there weren't some reporters from Brazil talking about it too.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Ugh, reading rumors about RDA breaking his foot. Now I wouldn't post it if there weren't some reporters from Brazil talking about it too.
Oh man, that would suck...If RDA is injured, I am sure Conor would still want to fight on the same card anyway. I guess we might get Edgar vs Conor? It would be super short notice for Edgar, but I think he would take it anyway, since who knows how long it would take for him to get his shot if he waited.

industrian

Oh man, that would suck...If RDA is injured, I am sure Conor would still want to fight on the same card anyway. I guess we might get Edgar vs Conor? It would be super short notice for Edgar, but I think he would take it anyway, since who knows how long it would take for him to get his shot if he waited.

Unless Edgar has been training "just in case", there's no way in hell that anyone takes a championship fight on a week's notice. Not unless he's getting Anderson Silva Money.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Unless Edgar has been training "just in case", there's no way in hell that anyone takes a championship fight on a week's notice. Not unless he's getting Anderson Silva Money.
Oh, for some reason I thought the event was still a month away. I guess Conor won't be on the card then? Shitty.

Guru-Guru

Banned
I honestly won't be surprised if they can find someone tbh. They got Mendes for that other one, didnt they?
Non-title fight with Cerrone. He was just tweeting yesterday that he wanted to fight on the London card this week. Trained for a 5 round fight that ended in a couple minutes--definitely still in fight shape.

Yaari

Helwani: Spoke to Cerrone’s mgmt team this morning. They are interested in taking the fight. He’s on the shortlist, for sure.

Well, this seems appropriate:

supertearsi9dsa.gif

industrian

Cerrone is crazy enough to do it. But he's almost the perfect opponent for guys like McGregor - the result will be identical to Cerrone/Pettis.

Jerm411

They want Conor on that card but part of me wonders if they may not pull him and have him fight Lawler @ 200.

That card needs a big time fight and what better way to get the buzz started right now...?

Again though, will never happen lol.

These Brazilians want no part of Connor, man.
/s

That's terrible, actually. MMA fighters have got to figure this out. You don't see boxers and kickboxers cancelling what seems like 30% of title fights due to injury.

Retarded training methods my friend. RDA, Aldo and these guys might be good fighters but they do not have any training intelligence.

Tony Ferguson on McGregor, "Dude claims to be a master of movement but he's a turtle on his back. I've looked into his eyes, I shook his hand, he felt my grip. He want no part of me."

Nate Diaz, Tony Ferguson, and Cerrone are all likely candidates.

No way Edgar gets the call as Conor can't make 145 in such short notice. Diaz and Cerrone are the biggest names but the real fight would probably be Ferguson. The bright lights might be too much for him though.

-MD-

McGregor must be so salty lol, 2 belt dream RIP.

Edgar is injured too so he's out, it'll be Cerrone or Diaz according to Helwani, Ferguson would be dope too though.

Diaz vs McGregor probably hits bigger numbers than an RDA vs McGregor fight

Though watching if a guy can be a two weight class champ might tilt that.

It has got to be Diaz. What happens if Cerrone beats McGregor? Cerrone stays basically #1 contender and that'd be awful.

Diaz vs McGregor probably hits bigger numbers than an RDA vs McGregor fight

Though watching if a guy can be a two weight class champ might tilt that.

It has got to be Diaz. What happens if Cerrone beats McGregor? Cerrone stays basically #1 contender and that'd be awful.

Diaz is like when your default character in a fighting game with no level up tries to fight the champion right away. NAte Diaz is a bum.

broz0rs

I think it's going to be Cowboy. At least there's some footage of trash talk between the two that the UFC can create a reel to promote the fight.

edit:
Cerrone currently weighs 174 pounds, according to his team.

ugh.. can't blame him though. will be a rough cut if he's fighting

Chesskid1

Banned
damn shitty news to wake up to

iirc mendes got 500k on his disclosed payouts for mcgregor

everyone should be stepping up for that kind of monry

As mentioned above, Diaz is a scrub. He doesn't deserve the fight(these two dummies in the Diaz brothers get more undeserved big fights than I care to see) and he'd get murdered in a few minutes, if not quicker.

I hate that this fight is off.

Cerrone is the only fun, doable fight right now. Ferguson is too dangerous a fight for them to risk it.

VoxPop

These fucking Brazilians man. Always pulling out of fights last minute. I honestly don't have any interest in seeing cowboy get raped. If they're going the bullshit late replacement route I'd rather see Diaz. But if they want a legitimate replacement id say go with Ferguson or khabib. But khabib might pull out last minute too. Fuck this sport.

zewone

This screws up Conor going for the 170 belt at UFC 200.

Likely to see the RDA vs Conor fight rescheduled then if Conor wins next week.

These fucking Brazilians man. Always pulling out of fights last minute. I honestly don't have any interest in seeing cowboy get raped. If they're going the bullshit late replacement route I'd rather see Diaz. But if they want a legitimate replacement id say go with Ferguson or khabib. But khabib might pull out last minute too. Fuck this sport.

I'd love to see Khabib but there is zero chance of that happening.

Yeah, Cerrone would get worked but Diaz would get worked sooner. Yes, I know Diaz beat Cerrone but MMAth doesn't work.

-MD-

Khabib offered but UFC declined lol, dat protection.

I'm not a Diaz fan but the dude can take punishment and his BJJ is good. It's not at all out of the realm of possibility that Diaz could win that fight. His career has lasted this long because he beats guys that on paper he shouldn't.

At the very least, the fight should be a scrap.

ApharmdX

Banned
You could do a lot worse than having Nate Diaz in there. The Diaz bros can take a beating, and they have a style of boxing that works against a lot of guys.

Khabib offered but UFC declined lol, dat protection.

I saw that and LOL'ed. Khabib would win that fight, kill the golden goose, beat RDA, and then never be healthy enough to defend the belt (having wrecked two champs in the process).

Top Bottom