• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Bet the fucking farm on Nate Diaz. This is not a winnable fight for Conor McGregor.

duance-dance.gif

FUME5

I'm happy with either of these two grade A shit talkers winning!

It's either going to be a great fight, or a very strange one.

is that why jon fitch is getting his knee torn off by palhares in front of 200 people at a rec center
That's a sore spot, he's from my alma mater. But besides any shenanigans, the UFC is this big because of the product and skill fighting. When it's all said and done, people want to see quality fighting, not a Bellator carnival act. Not many diehards of the sport would want to see Nate Diaz fight McGregor over dos Anjos or Frankie Edgar fighting him.

dream

That's a sore spot, he's from my alma mater. But besides any shenanigans, the UFC is this big because of the product and skill fighting. When it's all said and done, people want to see quality fighting, not a Bellator carnival act. Not many diehards of the sport would want to see Nate Diaz fight McGregor over dos Anjos or Frankie Edgar fighting him.

What, nobody cares about skilled fighting. Look at Mighty Mouse's PPV numbers.

scabro

Is that why Brock Lesnar is the biggest draw of all time

dream

I don't think they even want brutality. They just want personalities. I mean, shit, Bellator just pulled 2 million viewers with Kimbo, Dada, Royce, and Ken. In the end, this shit is just pro wrestling with (mostly) real finishes.

Heel

I think the fact remains that the genesis of Mixed Martial Arts in America was spectacle, not sport. There will always be room for it, and the ratings bear out that there is a wider audience for it to boot.

Bet the fucking farm on Nate Diaz. This is not a winnable fight for Conor McGregor.

Diaz got TKO'd by the Punk with half a functioning knee like a year ago.

Damn, wish we had more buildup for this fight. Much better than no personality Bralizian #1294

Hey now, Brazilian fighters have personality, as in singular: one personality for all of them.

"I grew up with nahting."

"He ain't neva goanna take dis belt frome me."

"I givea my tanks to gawd."

etc. etc.

So with that said, if Nate is confirmed, will the draw be bigger than dos Anjos/McGregor would have been??? Or is there not enough time for the pre-hype/promotion to gain traction???

Always, he is great but maybe not as great as some people believe.
That's the problem. He's very good, has one of the most annoying fanbases ever, hasn't had nearly the resume many top fighters have had, still beats some of these guys, etc... It's all a mixture of shit which isn't decisive one way or the other. He will lose though even though you can't tell that to some. I was very much looking forward to him and dos Anjos because there'd be no questions if he won decisively. I went back and forth, my brain couldn't pick against the all around polish of Rafael but I think it's really possible he could get caught on the jaw early on. Now against Nate, I guess the best we could hope for is a lengthy striking match as if Conor wins, it's not going to cement him as anything. Nate's decent though, not saying he's a bum.

Chesskid1

Banned
omg the buildup to this fight is going to be god damn amazing

and we will get a longer fight because nate is really hard to finish

really hyped for this

and mcgregor vs lawler seems likely to happen someday and not just a dream

dream

He could and should but I doubt Nate even tries to take him down.

I don't think he needs to. With his reach advantage, Nate should just pepper Conor all night long with jabs until Conor decides to shoot.

But scabro and I were talking about this earlier, and he thinks the only way Conor can win is by throwing leg kicks. And I think that might invite Nate to grab a single.

Top Bottom