• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Wild? Nate is going to fold under all the media pressure before the fight even begins. He'll get KO'd in the 1st then he'll get popped for marijuana and smoke up his million dollars while suspended.

Nick is the one who can't stand the media pressure. Nate doesn't have issues with it. Nate isn't easily finished either. I mean it's a possibility, sure, but not a forgone conclusion.

Nate's never been in a fight this big. All the media, the fans, homies trying to get at that paycheck, and the dreams of a giant bag of weed will be too much for Nate to handle. Dude is going to cave to the pressure and get KTFO.

6828041_std.png

Nate's never been in a fight this big. All the media, the fans, homies trying to get at that paycheck, and the dreams of a giant bag of weed will be too much for Nate to handle. Dude is going to cave to the pressure and get KTFO.

What pressure? He's coming in on short notice with a 10 day fight camp. There's zero pressure on him to win this fight at all. It's a quick fat paycheck and if he wins, he derails the UFC's biggest hype train. It's not even at his legitimate weight class so it has zero effect on his ranking.

This thing is Win/Win for him even moreso than it would be for McGregor.

What pressure? He's coming in on short notice with a 10 day fight camp. There's zero pressure on him to win this fight at all. It's a quick fat paycheck and if he wins, he derails the UFC's biggest hype train. It's not even at his legitimate weight class so it has zero effect on his ranking.

This thing is Win/Win for him even moreso than it would be for McGregor.

Yep, I think Nate will take it as seriously as he can but he doesn't have any pressure at all.

One guy stands to lose more than the other , Nate loses enough that it won't phase him.

This dude recalled that after fighting dos Anjos and someone else that he's now like 40th ranked or some shit, haha. I doubt he will have goosebumps.

So apparently USADA has tested Conor at least 10 times in the last year. Including eight random tests, w/ two randoms in the last six weeks during this camp leading up to this fight.

Diaz has been tested three times.

broz0rs

If Connor beats Nate, I think Nick gets in his face during the post-fight and challenges him WWE style. Connor accepts. Dana makes it happen. Easy money for everyone involved

If Connor beats Nate, I think Nick gets in his face during the post-fight and challenges him WWE style. Connor accepts. Dana makes it happen. Easy money for everyone involved

I don't give a fuck, I just want to see Nick face Conor down the road for real some time.

Then shit would REALLY go down.

brentech

Did they break down Kimbo vs DADA 5000 yet?

Nope, but they did a small video about Royce and Ken: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mZB1zNLYBs

And then their usual longer format after giving it some time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM_DGNc3FZ0

It seems early on, they thought it was a legit knee to the groin, but they now they believe it actually hit him on the hip, but that's not what their shit is about, they break down from there the techniques used to take Ken down and all that.

The MMA Beat fellas brought up an interesting point that Bisping is 16-0 in the UK. I just wonder if Silva's heart is in it. If its not its gonna hurt so much to see Bisping jab his way to a unanimous decision. I'd love to see Silva make a full return and be himself again.

zewone

The MMA Beat fellas brought up an interesting point that Bisping is 16-0 in the UK. I just wonder if Silva's heart is in it. If its not its gonna hurt so much to see Bisping jab his way to a unanimous decision. I'd love to see Silva make a full return and be himself again.
Watching all the prefight interviews and embedded make it seems like Bisping is super focused and Silva is emotional and looking past him.

One of my cousins is currently berating me on Facebook for not supporting Conor because apparently as an Irishman its my duty, and that Conor is the greatest Champion of all time because hes made the most money and "put the UFC on the map".
I'm so sick of people who never heard of MMA 6 months ago trying to tell me what's what about the only sport ive actively followed for like the last 7 years

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
So apparently USADA has tested Conor at least 10 times in the last year. Including eight random tests, w/ two randoms in the last six weeks during this camp leading up to this fight.

Diaz has been tested three times.

USADA is really a joke, WADA isn't far off. Masking test, GH, IGF-1 isn't rocket appliance. Then there's the issue of designer AAS that is undetectable, orals, short esters etc. Just look at THG, USADA/WADA would never even have know about the drug or been able to test for it unless some sour U.S. coach didn't send them a sample.

-MD-

One of my cousins is currently berating me on Facebook for not supporting Conor because apparently as an Irishman its my duty, and that Conor is the greatest Champion of all time because hes made the most money and "put the UFC on the map".
I'm so sick of people who never heard of MMA 6 months ago trying to tell me what's what about the only sport ive actively followed for like the last 7 years

1wbgdEe.gif

Is your cousin 12?

Your cousin is right.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Anderson may be taking him lightly, expecting another Forrest Griffin-esque performance from Bisping. On paper Bisping is the perfect matchup for Silva and if he somehow finds a way to lose, someone needs to have a little talk with him.

I think we can all agree on one thing at least: if Silva loses, he's gotta retire

If you can't even beat Bisping while 100% and without drugs, your best days are behind you

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

Sounds like Irish reasoning to me.

And I'd guess that Anderson - and maybe Brock - have him beat on lifetime UFC earnings. It's just that they didn't grow up in a culture that encouraged them to brag about it.

I think we can all agree on one thing at least: if Silva loses, he's gotta retire

Both of them should retire regardless. Bisping has nothing left in the sport - Rockhold made him look like a welterweight. Silva may still have the skills to hang at the top, but for the sake of legacy I'd bow out if I were him.

This fight comes across as the closing chapter of the Silva Era. Bisping - on numerous occasions - came close to getting a title shot but never did. So basically this is a way of making up for that and closing the book for good on that era.

But Bisping probably wants to have rematches with Hendo and Vitor - and maybe fight Machida or something. But if he's still in the sport by this time next year then I'd be really surprised. If Silva still wants to fight then he better pick them wisely as well, because I think he'd be embarrassed by anyone in the top five.

Anth1888

Bit of a joke that this isn't on BT Sport (in the UK) who have all the other PPV's as the UFC have sold the rights separate to the PPV's. Probably to drive subscriptions to Fight Pass but means the general viewer won't even get access. Bollocks.

Top Bottom