• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Ohhh I thought Fallon's people did that. What is going on with her PR?

Unrelated -- Uncharted 4 multiplayer beta starts Friday (beta client available today). Wheee!

FUME5

CceRTxgVAAAXIxG.jpg

Anyone see the thing about Conor driving by this guys apartment who had a cutout and the Irish flag on his balcony? He actually stopped by and met the guy because he was so taken aback by it. Good guy Conor.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Only way Hotrod Honda comes back is if HH loses the belt to Miesha. That, or as soon as all of her movie offers dry up after her films flop as bad as her acting.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Cruickshank released. Yeah, he loses all the time but he's exciting to watch.

Coke man, you know what to do.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Cruickshank released. Yeah, he loses all the time but he's exciting to watch.

Coke man, you know what to do.

I thought he's been doing pretty well? Shame, as you pointed out, he's fun to watch. Come on uncle D

Heel

MMAFighting: Bellator comes off controversial show with above average numbers

Coming off Bellator's highest-rated show in its history, the question was would all the new viewers help Bellator going forward, or would the poor quality of the two fights that drew the record numbers damage the brand.

While one week is too early to give an answer, the first evidence was positive as Friday night's show, even with losing its main event and lone title match at the last minute, posted above average numbers.

This calls for the return of Herschel Walker.

Fox318

I'm waiting for Jones to show up with coke on his nose or he might just crash his car into the weigh in and kill 2 people.

charsace

Jones is going to wreck him. Jones is the GOAT in MMA.

Beginning to hate Ronda. I thought she would bounce back from the loss. Instead she's acting like an idiot. If interviewers can't ask her about fighting then what are they supposed to talk about?

I'm rewatching Affliction with Fedor v Timmay and Trump is in the audience with Megadeth playing live. Too bad they didn't get Pantera too.

Damn I forgot how AA destroyed Rothwell.

DC is way too cocky with his fake belt. He knows he got schooled.

Brolic Jones about to do him dirtier.
Jones let go of the belt like an idiot. I hope he gets it back and continues to stay in the UFC through mature behavior, but let's not pretend he didn't do this to himself. He wasn't a fit champion so he was stripped. Corm doesn't have such issues, which is why he still had the belt. Corm is the legit champion and it's Jones' own stupidity to blame. If it happens again, is no one's fault but Jones'. He knows the rules.

Maybe he won't be a fuck up and carry the belt without leaving the company in a jam again. He is going to win. I mean, unless something crazy happens. Could you imagine if he beats Jones!? I'm staying indoors if that happens lol

Haunted

Dana White confirms Nate Diaz asked for 165 pounds, Conor McGregor told him 170

“So then we call Nate Diaz,” White explained. “He’s in and wants the fight but, you know, Nate can be a little difficult, so it took a long at time. At the end of the day, we start to look at what the fans want, and more importantly, what does Conor want to do.

“We call Conor. Conor doesn’t care. Conor says, ‘I will fight anybody, anytime at any weight. You guys call me back tomorrow and let me know what’s going on.”

“The fight is supposed to be at 155,” White said. “Nate says he wants it at 165. I said, ‘No, this kid is moving up from 145 to 155. You told me you could make 155. You’ve got to make 155.’ He can’t make 155, so I said, ‘Let’s do 160.’ He can’t do 160, so I tell Conor, ‘He can’t do 160 pounds. He wants to do 165 pounds.’ Conor says, ‘You tell him it’s 170.’

“So now we have a welterweight bout. Conor McGregor is moving from 145 pounds to 170 pounds to fight Nate Diaz.”

Honestly, that's pretty badass. (if Dana White's account is to be believed)

ApharmdX

Banned
Jones is going to wreck him.

You got a different definition of "wreck" than I do, bro. The first fight was a clear decision win for Jones, where he won the wrestling exchanges, but little damage was done by either fighter. Wreck is like what Cain did to Dos Santos twice, or what happened in the third round of Weidman/Rockhold.

iddqd

Bah, I just saw that Miller/Sanchez is on fightpass.
I get why they do it but its fucking awful.

The main card, apart from Main and Co main looks silly and the only "famous" other guys are fighting three hours before the PPV.

Bah, I just saw that Miller/Sanchez is on fightpass.
I get why they do it but its fucking awful.

The main card, apart from Main and Co main looks silly and the only "famous" other guys are fighting three hours before the PPV.
gezus, both Miller and Sanchez have no quit in them. hope these guys get paid by the UFC long after their careers are over.

zewone

EA Canada. She was brought in for promoting the game and mo-cap session. Pic is real.

John Anik is a bitch. Took him 20 minutes to apologize after insulting Nate Diaz.
https://twitter.com/Jon_Anik/status/705155101720256516?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

The threat of being slaped was enough to make him shiver.
https://twitter.com/NateDiaz209/status/705149186778513409

Did he delete the apology? It's not loading.

What did he say in the apology?

Haunted

Bisping himself said it was his mistake to try and signal the ref and taking his eyes off Silva.

Protect yourself at all times.

Herb Dean did everything correctly here, imo, except for maybe getting a bit too far out of position while picking up the mouth piece.

zewone

Yeah, definitely Bisping's fault.

He should be kissing Herb's ass and not talking shit about him because if Herb wanted to call the fight at the end of the 3rd round he very well could have.

He's lucky Herb is as good as he is or he would have lost that match.

Rur0ni

Jones let go of the belt like an idiot. I hope he gets it back and continues to stay in the UFC through mature behavior, but let's not pretend he didn't do this to himself. He wasn't a fit champion so he was stripped. Corm doesn't have such issues, which is why he still had the belt. Corm is the legit champion and it's Jones' own stupidity to blame. If it happens again, is no one's fault but Jones'. He knows the rules.

Maybe he won't be a fuck up and carry the belt without leaving the company in a jam again. He is going to win. I mean, unless something crazy happens. Could you imagine if he beats Jones!? I'm staying indoors if that happens lol
What exactly is a fit or legitimate champion in punch fights?

Jones out of control behaviour is in his blood. Its perfectly fine as long as he doesnt harm innocents. Hes a prick by nature. Him trying to inspire the youth to go to the right direction is a scam anyways when he does it. He loves blow and alcohol...let him have it!

DC can only win if he manages to get better at closing the distance and slipping punches from the outside which isnt going to happen in our lifetime. He wont catch Jones for a KO and hes not going to outgrind him.

Jones by u. dec.

Top Bottom