• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

-Jones moved out of gen pop for his safety
-Diaz says GSP wanted be a bully and lay on 'little' Connor McGregor
-Rumors have it Jared Rosholt is cut (UFC brass prob couldn't wait for him to take his first L)

Fox318

veRBsrn.gif

Urfight 2 preview?

broz0rs

so it seems Jones has to stay in his cell until 8:00 am Thursday morning when he gets to see the judge for his hearing.

Heel

On Chael's podcast, Nate Diaz responds to ruining GSP vs. McGregor: "L-O-L, motherfuckers."

The whole interview is worth worth a listen. Seems Nate is incredibly aware of exactly how UFC tried to play him, and fighters are now "trying to steal his power" lol.

hey now, aldo vs frankie should be a good fight. That fights a coin toss IMO.
who cares. we've already seen it. we could get new and competitive fights instead of this rehash bullshit. this is the dumbest shit ever. the 145 champion has a rematch at 170 on the same night two guys fight for an interim 145 belt. wtf.

broz0rs

Nate fighting Conor at 170 again?! Why isn't this shit at 155?

It's as if they're trying to re-write what happened.

Levito

Banned
UFC 200 is full of rematches, so how about they move the Rory vs Wonderboy fight to 200 and make it a triple threat with Robbie?

Book it, Dana.

iddqd

Can't believe this rumor turned out to be true
No one wanted this fight... why not make it in 2/3 years IF ever?
They are both young..

Two rematches as headliners.

Levito

Banned
I mean, UFC 100's headliner was a rematch (Lesnar vs Mir) but that made a ton of sense. This makes no sense whatsoever.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
You'd think that more champions not already booked until 200 would want to fight on that card. I guess Dos Anjos is still injured. And if they were all about rematches, then surely Lawler/Condit 2 should be a go.

Lesnar/Mir 2 had no complaints whatsoever. 1) It was a title unification match. 2) Mazzagatti fuckery in the first fight.

broz0rs

UFC 200 card really just shows how much money Conor brings in to the company. He's basically their Brock Lesnar at the moment, but probably holds managements' balls tighter than Brock ever did.

FStop7

Banned
On Chael's podcast, Nate Diaz responds to ruining GSP vs. McGregor: "L-O-L, motherfuckers."

The whole interview is worth worth a listen. Seems Nate is incredibly aware of exactly how UFC tried to play him, and fighters are now "trying to steal his power" lol.

Great interview. "Cardio's a martial art, too. You have to be a black belt in cardio and know how to use it."

Levito

Banned
UFC 200 card really just shows how much money Conor brings in to the company. He's basically their Brock Lesnar at the moment, but probably holds managements' balls tighter than Brock ever did.

He's a bigger draw than Lesnar now too.

I still want Conor to fight GSP just so I can see the GOAT stomp Conor.

zewone

Supposedly there's still more title fights to be added to 200.

So I guess Lawler vs Woodly since Rory and Wonderboy have a date.

Maybe RDA and Alvarez?

Haunted

Fuck Jones, should've put him in jail for a while, maybe that'll make him clean up his act.

Disgrace for the sport at the highest level etc etc.

McGregor really going for the Diaz rematch tells me that he's really concerned with his own legacy first and foremost. Love that he can go all in on this selfishness even against the wishes of everyone around him. :lol

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
At this rate the McGregor/Diaz rubber match will headline the NYE card. 2016 = the year where Stockton and Dublin become twin/sister cities.

Also, a good future trivia question for you: Jim Miller seems to the be only one to be fighting in both UFC 100 and 200.

It's can see his success biting them in the ass in the long term though. So many fighters now saying they want the big money fights and willing to test free agency if they don't get it. Rory and Gegard both on the MMA hour last week saying the same thing. I think a lot of fighters are gonna get pissed seeing Mac and his millions while GOAT performances like Lawler v Rory makes pocket change and suddenly you've got a roster of athletes demanding much better pay. Wether they're needle movers or not I don't see anyone fighting in main events for 50k/50k anymore

Top Bottom