• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Bruh, don't lie.

V8XgVA2.jpg

Just quoting this for a new page

Also OSP v Jones would be shit but rumours at the moment say Rumble v Jones isn't gonna happen

Yaari

Fuck Jones vs OSP.

To make it seem relevant, they're pulling an interim belt out of their ass again, even though DC already stated its a small injury and he'll be back soon. You have to sell this shit some way I guess, right?

Jones should go up to hw and fight Cain since he's replaced cocaine with powerlifting. Travisty Browne can fight Big Ben instead. After Bones kills DC's bff, DC can move back up to hw to challenge Bones there. Then have a lhw tourney for the interim belt between Beastin, Rumble, Gus, and OSP.

Levito

Banned
"Mark, you just knocked out the greatest MMA fighter on the planet today, how do you feel right now?"

"Oi'd like ta thank m'lordnsavior jesuschrist firstandforemost and'a, thank y'everyone so much for comin'out thankyou!"

-MD-

"Mark, you just knocked out the greatest MMA fighter on the planet today, how do you feel right now?"

"Oi'd like ta thank m'lordnsavior jesuschrist firstandforemost and'a, thank y'everyone so much for comin'out thankyou!"

Scary accurate.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Powerlifting, fresh out of prison Jones vs OSP.

lol. Can't wait to see how Dana and co. try to sell this.

FaceTurn

What the hell happened to Rumble? Training in case someone pulls out now he might not be fighting either? The replacement needs a replacement. Imagine Mark Hunt doing to Bones what he did to Struve.

-MD-

What the hell happened to Rumble? Training in case someone pulls out now he might not be fighting either? The replacement needs a replacement. Imagine Mark Hunt doing to Bones what he did to Struve.

OSP is already confirmed.

Rumble had surgery on his mouth, apparently.

Chesskid1

Banned
i was thinking about this the other day

jones has so many qualities you look for in a fighter. i mean, if you could build an mma fighter tailored to be the GOAT, its pretty much all the qualities jones has.

-a strong wrestling base + the work ethic involved in becoming a world class wrestler.
-freak athlete (his two brothers are in the NFL)
-insane length, for you can just pick apart fighters from outside where they can't even hit you
-trains at greg jackson, pretty much the best MMA camp in order to improve
-he could throw those elbows and weird kicks to just own you and get you off your game, hard to predict his next move

he's not missing much. maybe the robbie lawler killer instinct i suppose.

zXe

I reckon he doesn't have the strongest jaw, but it's so hard to even get clean shots on him because of the distance and the way he works people from the outside then smashes them on the fence, if he gets hold of you, he will slam you down and punish you on the mat or hold you on the fence and wreck you. He has freak strength and his kicks, knees, elbows are just vicious.

Guru-Guru

Banned
I reckon he doesn't have the strongest jaw, but it's so hard to even get clean shots on him because of the distance and the way he works people from the outside then smashes them on the fence, if he gets hold of you, he will slam you down and punish you on the mat or hold you on the fence and wreck you. He has freak strength and his kicks, knees, elbows are just vicious.
That's kind of why I wanted to see him face Rumble. I think he'd tear Rumble apart (way too smart and well-rounded), but there is a pretty decent chance he will eat at least a couple heavy shots from Rumble. If he can take those, then yeah, I would definitely say he has an iron chin. To be fair, he's been hit fairly hard by Cormier and Gustaffson though.

zewone

That's kind of why I wanted to see him face Rumble. I think he'd tear Rumble apart (way too smart and well-rounded), but there is a pretty decent chance he will eat at least a couple heavy shots from Rumble. If he can take those, then yeah, I would definitely say he has an iron chin. To be fair, he's been hit fairly hard by Cormier and Gustaffson though.

Imagine if he could take Mark Hunt's shots though..

DC was Strikeforce's Heavyweight Grand Prix champ and likely would have taken the heavyweight belt if it wasn't for Cain. And Jones dominated him.

Heavyweight division in trouble.

At the end of the day we're all just jealous of Caraway cause damn I wish Miesha was my gf.

Bro: Miesha Tate explains why she's voting GOP in the presidential election

Maybe you're OK with that, but I'm not.

artist's conception of me on a date with Miesha: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvgXnzwwZsM
i was thinking about this the other day

jones has so many qualities you look for in a fighter. i mean, if you could build an mma fighter tailored to be the GOAT, its pretty much all the qualities jones has.

-a strong wrestling base + the work ethic involved in becoming a world class wrestler.
-freak athlete (his two brothers are in the NFL)
-insane length, for you can just pick apart fighters from outside where they can't even hit you
-trains at greg jackson, pretty much the best MMA camp in order to improve
-he could throw those elbows and weird kicks to just own you and get you off your game, hard to predict his next move

he's not missing much. maybe the robbie lawler killer instinct i suppose.
he's also mean and legitimately wants to hurt his opponents -- see the eye gouging, head butts, etc. he's a piece of shit but he's the GOAT without question. I'd love to see him in a true no holds barred match. He would be wearing his opponent's skin within 10 minutes.
Bad and Bisping go at it on air

https://youtu.be/HFmX6Bh1PGM

lol, somehow less convincing than this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5nPZcCGnDs

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I'm one of the few (if not only) people here that actually think OSP is a decent fighter. If he can keep the fight standing then he may cause issues for Jones. But in all probability he gets taken down and finished by Jones.

I dont have the slightest clue of why they picked Preux. Jones opened at -675 and after getting manhandled by the public hes already at -800. This fight is good to gauge Jones drawing power.

Good luck Ovince!

And it's for the interim title. We live in a world where OSP could technically be champion. This fight is dumb and I don't think he'll win, but that is the world we live in right now...

To me it sounds like the date was getting close and DC got the butterflies.

The UFC's plan is to have that rematch happen at 200 now, especially since they are putting an interim belt on the line. There will be a lot of pressure on Jones here though, because people will expect him to do to OSP what he did to Vera. Or at the very least the beatdown he gave Rua.

I'll laugh my ass off if OSP somehow knocks JJ out, or even beats him hahaha

To me it sounds like the date was getting close and DC got the butterflies.

The UFC's plan is to have that rematch happen at 200 now, especially since they are putting an interim belt on the line. There will be a lot of pressure on Jones here though, because people will expect him to do to OSP what he did to Vera. Or at the very least the beatdown he gave Rua.

I'll laugh my ass off if OSP somehow knocks JJ out, or even beats him hahaha

While OSP isn't exactly destroying comp left and right, him beating Jones after more than a year long layoff wouldn't even be the biggest upset in the last 6 months.

Top Bottom