• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

-MD-

Bruh, don't lie.

V8XgVA2.jpg

Gustaffson has retired from MMA. Just posted it on his FB. Cited injuries and lack of motivation as factors. I loved Gustaffson, shame to see him go out like this
Could possibly be an April fools but it seemed a bit too genuine to be a joke

-MD-

Gustaffson has retired from MMA. Just posted it on his FB. Cited injuries and lack of motivation as factors. I loved Gustaffson, shame to see him go out like this
Could possibly be an April fools but it seemed a bit too genuine to be a joke

It's definitely an April fools joke.

Fox318

Definitely seemed like a dick, really no reason to give a guy 5 tickets for minor infractions other than because you can.

That being said I don't like the idea of somebody with a history of hit and runs revving his high powered death machine for "fans".

Too many people are excusing Jones for this.

Levito

Banned
Too many people are excusing Jones for this.

Not really excusing him, honestly I think it's fucked that he almost killed a pregnant woman and her unborn child, ran from the scene, and was by in large able to get away with it. That cop in the video really rubbed me the wrong way though.

Edit:
Hfcsyrn.jpg

Haunted

Was holding out hope it was some sort of organised April Fool's but the Cormier injury stories are still up today.

sucks :(

Eanan

I wanted to see Rumble v JBJ anyways. Hopefully that happens.
Jones wouldn't fight Sonnen on short notice. But he's going to fight Rumble on short notice...? LOL !

There's no way Jon fights anyone at 197 other than DC. If DC is out, Jones is out. Probably will be co main for 200 now, or main event UFC 201 now.

People forget Jon isn't like Conor. Conor has spoiled us.

Jones wouldn't fight Sonnen on short notice. But he's going to fight Rumble on short notice...? LOL !

There's no way Jon fights anyone at 197 other than DC. If DC is out, Jones is out. Probably will be co main for 200 now, or main event UFC 201 now.

People forget Jon isn't like Conor. Conor has spoiled us.

A. Jones did fight Sonnen and demolished him as expected.

B. Jones' issue wasn't just 'fighting Sonnen on short notice' for UFC 151. It was that Henderson told Chael ahead of time that he wasn't gonna make it and Chael had been preparing. Supposedly UFC management knew for awhile too that Hendo wasn't gonna make the fight but they waited until fight week to finally let Jones know. Jones rightfully felt like he was being sandbagged and didn't wanna be clowned for something so important.

Didn't Cormier get injured last time too? They had that press conference fight and worked everyone into a lather for the match and then bam! AKA training happens.

Levito

Banned
Jones would destroy Rumble. Rumble is terrifying in the first round but Jones is so good at using his reach and and striking it keep people away, in particular that oblique kick just fucks most people over. Also Jones would probably just take him down and dominate him. Rumble's only real chance is landing a wild heavy shot in the first, after that he's done. Jack Shields wrestle-fucked him so I'm sure Jon could handle him no problem.

Now will Greg Jackson let Jones fight on like 3 weeks notice? I dunno UFC 151 never happened cause Greg told Jon fighting Chael on 9 days notice would be "The biggest mistake of his career".

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Jones just put a video out on IG saying he would take a light heavyweight or heavyweight fight at 197.

He says it's been a rough year and he owes it to the fans, even though he's not a fan of late changes.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDtOEqDsDIL/

As a Jones cynic, if the rumors of Rumble being taken care of to be ready to fight is true, then this is just a PR ploy to make Jones seem like he's going out on a limb for the fans.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Deleted Tweets and Jon Jones go together like getting high and crashing your car into pregnant women.

Chesskid1

Banned
always thought there was nothing wrong turning down fights because you want to be properly prepared

ariel saying rumble out, OSP and rashad are the main candidates

ariel got all the connections

Top Bottom