• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

VoxPop

Why would anyone want to watch Bones vs Shad again? Their first fight was a snoozefest that I certainly do not want to revisit.

Fuck OSP though. Why the hell is he in an interim title fight after getting schooled by Bader and Glover?

Hunt was the fight to make and they fucked up. Jones would destroy Hunt and finish him inside a round but at least it would be entertaining and that 0.00009% chance that Hunt pulls off a KO to top off his tailor made cinderella story against cans.

eXtv

Banned
Why would anyone want to watch Bones vs Shad again? Their first fight was a snoozefest that I certainly do not want to revisit.

Fuck OSP though. Why the hell is he in an interim title fight after getting schooled by Bader and Glover?

Hunt was the fight to make and they fucked up. Jones would destroy Hunt and finish him inside a round but at least it would be entertaining and that 0.00009% chance that Hunt pulls off a KO to top off his tailor made cinderella story against cans.

Good for OSP. He was clearly not going anywhere post-SF and now has a chance to make his name forever. I'm just happy Jon's fighting on short notice now. I remember the UFC 151 situation and it wasn't pretty.

VoxPop

Good for OSP. He was clearly not going anywhere post-SF and now has a chance to make his name forever. I'm just happy Jon's fighting on short notice now. I remember the UFC 151 situation and it wasn't pretty.

I'm just hoping Jon doesn't get finished with some fluky KO and ruin the impending Cormier fight. I don't mind Jon losing in general but to OSP is something else.

eXtv

Banned
I'm just hoping Jon doesn't get finished with some fluky KO and ruin the impending Cormier fight. I don't mind Jon losing in general but to OSP is something else.

Jones being slept clean by the first ridiculous left hook OSP throws would be an ideal outcome tbh

ApharmdX

Banned
i was thinking about this the other day

jones has so many qualities you look for in a fighter. i mean, if you could build an mma fighter tailored to be the GOAT, its pretty much all the qualities jones has.

-a strong wrestling base + the work ethic involved in becoming a world class wrestler.
-freak athlete (his two brothers are in the NFL)
-insane length, for you can just pick apart fighters from outside where they can't even hit you
-trains at greg jackson, pretty much the best MMA camp in order to improve
-he could throw those elbows and weird kicks to just own you and get you off your game, hard to predict his next move

he's not missing much. maybe the robbie lawler killer instinct i suppose.

Jones doesn't have power. He's a great fighter but mostly on his grappling, which is really good, and his godly clinch game.

aLesZXj.png

LOL!

Levito

Banned
Greatest upset of all time is Matt Serra knocking out GSP imo, because GSP is undeniably better than Matt--he just got hit with a wild big punch and couldn't recover.

Holly dominated Ronda, she was the better fighter. Chris wasn't playing into Anderson's game and really had a more well rounded skillset.

Those tweets from DC are gold. Jones under his skin like a damn bot fly larva. DC is right about Jones being the real coward though, running from a crime scene and all that

While OSP isn't exactly destroying comp left and right, him beating Jones after more than a year long layoff wouldn't even be the biggest upset in the last 6 months.

The only biggest upset in the last 6 months would be Holm over Rousey, but to me, OSP beating Jones would be a bigger upset than that.

Or, you know, he got injured. Happens in this sport all the time. If you wanna pull out the 'chicken' card then remember Jon wouldn't fight Chael Sonnen on 9 days notice and got an entire event cancelled.

That's different. A better example would be Jones pulling out of the first fight with Cormier due to injury.

Cormier is scared IMO. Maybe of not Jones per se, but definitely of losing the title, and you know he was handled by Jones pretty convincingly. The fact that he's offering to train OSP and flying and paying for all his expenses just exacerbates why I think that.

Heel

DC lets Jon work him up way too much but god damn what a ruthless ear beating.

8OetgPf.png

DC's daughter died in a car accident. I can understand why he would be hot.

He's also just straight up calling him a "loser junkie" in other tweets lol

Holy shit the ultimate is so desperate to find someone who can beat Mighty Mouse that the TUF 24 winner will get a title shot. Fucking lmao

-MD-

Are people even going to watch an all flyweight tuf? It felt like people barely even gave a shit even when McGregor was on it.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
OMG. Just give up on TUF already, who was the last decent prospect that came from the show, Chiesa?

VoxPop

sigh Ferguson.. Now the card is filled with a bunch of hasbeens and the remaining charisma-less turds from that era.

Cormier needs to just stfu honestly. I recognize him as the 2nd best fighter in MMA but his constant whining is too much. Especially when he's the one that pulled out and ruined the card.

I also truly believe Cejudo is going to beat Mighty Mouse if not destroy him whether it's a fluke or not so that's another wrench in their future plans.

broz0rs

Not surprised that Cowboy wants the fight, but against Khabib on 10 days notice is pretty crazy even for him. He also wants the Cote fight no matter the outcome in June.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Ferguson injured, ugh

Fucking AKA always fucking fucking ... oh wait, you said Ferguson?!?!

Man, I feel really bad for Khabib now. He's finally free from injury and his opponent drops out.

Wow apparently the winner of the next TUF gets a Fly Weight title shot. Mighty Mouse is so good, that they're giving a title shot to a TUF winner cause there's no one else... I think the P4P#1 status is justified

DJ is so far above the rest of his division that he could probably win the 135 belt as well. If Cruz beats Faber then they might as well have a rematch. Or maybe DJ should wait until he gets to 10 defences first.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Khabib could fight a 170lb sack of potatoes and it'd be less one-sided than him vs. BJ. And more relevant.

Top Bottom