• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Listening to Jones on the MMA hour, my god, this man is a personality vacuum. One of the most boring people ive heard on a podcast.

Speakign of, any recommendations for good MMA podcasts? The MMA hour is usually great, Joe Rogans is good but only when its about MMA, i dont really give a shit about his other interviews. I tried the fighter and the kid cause it got good reviews but it seems like very episode is a torrent of dick jokes and fart noises

CfXnC74VIAUXvPX.jpg

I tried the fighter and the kid cause it got good reviews but it seems like very episode is a torrent of dick jokes and fart noises
Ya, Fighter and the Kid is awesome.

I listen to the Sherdog radio podcast. I tried getting into Rutten and Ranallo but Mauro is too irritating. He needs to cut back by about 50% and it would be fine.

TimeInc

can't see the weight cutting change unless the UFC change the rule themselves, it is completely stupid though.... the should do something where they have the weigh in and then need a second weigh in a little before the fight and they can only gain like an extra 5lbs. I think this would help stop it.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
can't see the weight cutting change unless the UFC change the rule themselves, it is completely stupid though.... the should do something where they have the weigh in and then need a second weigh in a little before the fight and they can only gain like an extra 5lbs. I think this would help stop it.

Or just, you know, weighing in before the contest.

Ya, Fighter and the Kid is awesome.

I listen to the Sherdog radio podcast. I tried getting into Rutten and Ranallo but Mauro is too irritating. He needs to cut back by about 50% and it would be fine.

Rutten and Ranallo is good but yeah Mauro needs to settle his ass down. I didn't think it'd be possible for someone to talk over Bas Rutten but he barely gives him a chance

Rutten and Ranallo is good but yeah Mauro needs to settle his ass down. I didn't think it'd be possible for someone to talk over Bas Rutten but he barely gives him a chance
I watched the video when they were on Fighter and the Kid and Brenden looked irritated every time Mauro cut him off. Bryan wasn't there and he told him on the next episode it was better that he wasn't there cuz it was already too many people with the 3 of them.

Levito

Banned
Any fellow Canadians have a recommendation for where to watch for UFC tickets? I really wanna go to the Ror/Wonderboy event in Ottawa.

eXtv

Banned
I watched the video when they were on Fighter and the Kid and Brenden looked irritated every time Mauro cut him off. Bryan wasn't there and he told him on the next episode it was better that he wasn't there cuz it was already too many people with the 3 of them.

Schaub is an idiot and Mauro has more credibility than just about every other talking head in the MMA-sphere so I see nothing wrong with this.

eXtv

Banned
sigh Ferguson.. Now the card is filled with a bunch of hasbeens and the remaining charisma-less turds from that era.

Cormier needs to just stfu honestly. I recognize him as the 2nd best fighter in MMA but his constant whining is too much. Especially when he's the one that pulled out and ruined the card.

I also truly believe Cejudo is going to beat Mighty Mouse if not destroy him whether it's a fluke or not so that's another wrench in their future plans.

Cejudo won't just get his ass kicked, he won't land a single takedown. Just watch.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I see DJ/Cejudo as potentially being the most boring fight of all time. Both guys are "smart" fighters that will be too apprehensive/scared to mount any significant offence. I could be wrong though. Regardless of anything, I predict another dominant win for DJ. 49-46 unanimous decision.

I'm trying to think of anyone in the division who is an actual threat to DJ, and the only candidate really is Joe Benavidez. But he'll never get a rematch. Because not only has DJ beat him twice, he also finished him. And not only did he finish him, he also knocked him the fuck out. And not only did he knock him the fuck out, but he did it in the first round without even breaking a sweat. DJ is in his own little universe at 125, which is probably the main reason why no-one rates his achievements in the sport (the lack of interest in lighter weight classes being second).

Yaari

Miesha Tate vs Amanda Nunes for UFC 200? Kind of hoped to see the Holly rematch. Then again we're drowning in rematches so I guess I can see why they roll with that one instead.

Edit:

Khabib:
Wow. I just signed contract to fight Cowboy at 170 3 hours later he hurt his ribs and pulled out. Any other opponent for April 16 #UFCTampa

Guru-Guru

Banned
Man, I realized Khabib hadn't found for quite a while, but didn't realize it has been 2 years already since he dominated RDA. It must suck for him that he is finally healthy and can't even get an opponent.

First time btw since UFC 33 I believe that there will be more than 2 5 round fights on a card. 3 so far. I expect either Jones v DC or Lawler v ____ on it either. 4 fight main card, all 5 round fights.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
If I were Khabib I would wrap myself in layers of bubble wrap and cotton wool before even considering criticising another fighter for pulling out injured.

First time btw since UFC 33 I believe that there will be more than 2 5 round fights on a card. 3 so far. I expect either Jones v DC or Lawler v ____ on it either. 4 fight main card, all 5 round fights.

Conor vs Diaz should be the first fight on the PPV and only be 3 rounds.......but it won't be :p

And holy crap the prelims are going to be stacked if they put Sanchez vs Lauzon, Hendricks vs Gastelum and Cain vs Browne there

-MD-

"Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Darrell Horcher has been added to UFC on Fox next week, per the UFC. Horcher (12-1) is making his UFC debut." - Helwani

zewone

"Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Darrell Horcher has been added to UFC on Fox next week, per the UFC. Horcher (12-1) is making his UFC debut." - Helwani

Wow, that stinks. I wonder why UFC didn't want to let Cowboy fight him?

Khabib should have just held out for the title shot if RDA was offering it to him.

Wow, that stinks. I wonder why UFC didn't want to let Cowboy fight him?

Khabib should have just held out for the title shot if RDA was offering it to him.

I disagree. Nurmy is far too prone to injury. He's healthy now, he has to fight. Who knows what could have happened in a few months.

Top Bottom