• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Boring fight honestly... I mean JDS is punching.. but he's running and not trying to do anything but score points.

Heel

@chits?

@chits!

7qCiSUb.png

broz0rs

Flat-footed boxing versus stick and move boxing lol. Surprised Rothwell didn't try to clinch on the fence considering he out-grappled and choked out Barnett in his last fight.

brentech

Rothwell kept rushing JDS into the fence all those times, but I don't recall a single decent attempt to keep him pinned there. May have been his only chance.
Outside of those rushes, he really had nothing going for him. JDS picked him apart at every level.

That push kick to end the second was great.

Called it. Rothwell is the best fight JDS can take. Just like I predicted. He'd be a punching bag for 5 rounds. Rothwell only made it this far because he's durable and heavy as fuck. Being durable alone goes a long way in the HW division. He had nothing more than a punchers chance

Guru-Guru

Banned
Upcoming Fox card this week looks pretty meh. Khabib fighting a nobody, a rematch between Henderson and Machida that we don't need, and Rashad is headlining--I honestly didn't even know he was still fighting.

Weckum

Upcoming Fox card this week looks pretty meh. Khabib fighting a nobody, a rematch between Henderson and Machida that we don't need, and Rashad is headlining--I honestly didn't even know he was still fighting.

Ah crap, I thought Da Eagle was gonna fight El Cucuy, was looking forward to that so much. Didn't know Ferguson pulled out :(

Machida vs Henderson sounds like a fight I would've loved five years ago.

Levito

Banned
Henderson is arguably one of the top 5 best fighters ever, he has NOTHING letf to prove. For the love of god I wish he would stop, I hate watching him fight now cause I know it's just going to end with him getting destroyed.

ApharmdX

Banned
Good job by Dos Santos last night. I figured he'd lose for sure. I'm not buying the narrative that he's back, though. He's taken too much damage, and his head movement continues to be worrying.

Overeem just beat JDS though. If overeem can get past arlovski then he gets the nemxt shot.

HW is such a mess. I mean, Arlovski, Overeem, and Dos Santos all have wins over the champ. Each guy is realistically one win from a title fight, maybe two for JDS. But all of these guys have had terrible losses in the not-so-distant past. Stylistically all of them can beat Werdum, but it kinda feels like none of them would be a "fit" champ, I don't know.

brentech

One of my favorite parts of UFC 2 might be the live event thing where you pick who wins, when, and how. Then play the fight and try to end it that same way for bonus points. Makes me play as fighters as might not use otherwise.
Still hate the grappling. If anything, it's a strong step backwards. Turns into transition wars online.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I laughed when I saw that Hendricks vs. Gastelum was listed at "Welterweight". What are the chances it stays like that?

Weckum

Going to UFC: Overeem vs Arlovski in Rotterdam. Either Arlovski, Overeem or Struve better gets KTFO. Not because I hate them or anything, but because they have weak chins and it'd be awesome if they get pizzooka'd

VoxPop

Going to UFC: Overeem vs Arlovski in Rotterdam. Either Arlovski, Overeem or Struve better gets KTFO. Not because I hate them or anything, but because they have weak chins and it'd be awesome if they get pizzooka'd

No way that main event goes the distance. One of them will at least feel their chins slowly crumbling if Buffer announces their name too loudly.

zewone

no i mean you having lunch with her?

Was she friendly?

Did she attempt to shoot a single leg on you?

I've seen her at the place a few times. The first time I met her last year I was starstruck and immediately asked for a picture. She was super cool about it and even took my phone and did the selfie taking for me.

She was with Travis Browne today and he's pretty intimidating so I just smiled and said hi. I was sitting at the table next to them.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

I've not been to the Netherlands in over six years now. I could be doing with some stroopwafels and doner right now. Not to mention being able to put a massive amount of mayonnaise on my fries without people thinking I'm insane.

VoxPop

I've not been to the Netherlands in over six years now. I could be doing with some stroopwafels and doner right now. Not to mention being able to put a massive amount of mayonnaise on my fries without people thinking I'm insane.

I used to go to Europe every summer when I was younger as I have family there and this is what I loved the most in Germany. I still put a shit ton of mayo on my fries today and everyone thinks I'm crazy.

Weckum

I'm living in the Middle East now (will be back home for a couple of weeks next month), and people here think I'm crazy when I say that the doner kebabs in Europe are better than the kebabs here.

Your local Starbucks might sell some stroopwafels by the way.

FaceTurn

My ratings on the upcoming cards.

oxROqMD.jpg

That 198 card is insane. Who's getting cut from the main card? Rua vs Anderson or Maia vs Brown? UFC 200 doesn't look too shabby. Shame Lauzon vs Sanchez will probably be a prelim fight.

I could do with some FEBO. Miss that mystery stuff.

Seems like the MMA fighter Joao Carvalho has died after getting tko'ed by one of McGregors SBG teammates at the weekend. Awful news. Is this the first MMA fatality? Certainly the first I've heard of

Guru-Guru

Banned
Seems like the MMA fighter Joao Carvalho has died after getting tko'ed by one of McGregors SBG teammates at the weekend. Awful news. Is this the first MMA fatality? Certainly the first I've heard of
I'm not sure about fighters actually dying in the ring, but a couple of guys have died weight cutting for MMA bouts.

brentech

I'm not sure about fighters actually dying in the ring, but a couple of guys have died weight cutting for MMA bouts.
Kind of sad when my first thought was, "I wonder if his weight cut had anything to do with it."

Kevin Iole ‏@KevinI 2m2 minutes ago

Confirmed: @UFC Hall of Famer @bjpenndotcom against Denis Siver at UFC 199 in LA. Story soon on @YahooSports

Top Bottom