• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Messi

Cf2vdq8UMAAzkmZ.jpg:large

ldcommando

Banned
Seems like the MMA fighter Joao Carvalho has died after getting tko'ed by one of McGregors SBG teammates at the weekend. Awful news. Is this the first MMA fatality? Certainly the first I've heard of

According to an article about this in brazilian media, this was the 5th death in a sanctioned mma bout. Sam Vasquez, Michael Kirkham, Tyrone Mims and Booto Guylain were the first four.

VoxPop

Hate those ugly POP toys. I wish they would rerelease those awesome HAO ones from the Pride days.

If BJ loses to Siver, I'm going to be a very sad man.

If it weren't for the boxes, how could you tell who any of them are - except for McGregor, Silva, and Rousey. And has Aldo ever had a beard and moustache? Also look at the pic on the box for BJ compared to the actual doll.

EDIT: I'm gonna test my buddy here in the office who is also a huge mma fanatic. I'll crop out the boxes and see how many he can name.

Messi

If it weren't for the boxes, how could you tell who any of them are - except for McGregor and maybe Rousey. And has Aldo ever had a beard and moustache?

EDIT: I'm gonna test my buddy here in the office who is also a huge mma fanatic. I'll crop out the boxes and see how many he can name.

edeefc1a0ed0585ba72efee6d6573f66.jpg

I guess

Test complete. He did way better than I would've. He got em all but Aldo. His responses ..

1 = mcgregor
2 = i would assume is ronda, but i guess it could be holly holm too
3 = chris weidman
4 = johnny hendricks, maybe?
5 = anderson silva
6 = bj penn

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I imagine that this is the end of Siver's UFC career. I don't see him beating BJ. Even if he's accomplished nothing outside of being an entry-level gatekeeper he's had a good 9 years in the Ultimate - which is better than what most have managed.

djblue89

Hey guys,

Anyone here a UFC Fight Club member that will not be going to UFC Ottawa and would like to help me out with the pre sale code ? We are like a group of 10ish people that want to go so I want to get in the earliest pre-sale to assure to get tickets.

TUF 24 open try outs cancelled and format is possibly being changed .. maybe this has something to do with Mighty Mouse being notified via a fan in Twitch chat that he's supposed to fight the winner of the season.

mmafighting.com said:
"UFC announced today that the open casting call for the upcoming season of The Ultimate Fighter originally scheduled for April 25 in Las Vegas has been canceled," the promotion said via a press release issued Tuesday. "UFC apologizes for any inconveniences this cancellation has caused. More information about the next season of the show will be made available in the weeks to come."

TUF 24 open try outs cancelled and format is possibly being changed .. maybe this has something to do with Mighty Mouse being notified via a fan in Twitch chat that he's supposed to fight the winner of the season.
Ufc doesn't care about mighty mouse's feelings. Nobody cares about that weight class, that's the real reason.

iddqd

Hey guys,

Anyone here a UFC Fight Club member that will not be going to UFC Ottawa and would like to help me out with the pre sale code ? We are like a group of 10ish people that want to go so I want to get in the earliest pre-sale to assure to get tickets.

My buddy called me yesterday, asking the same thing.
Any clue what to expect for mid range tickets?

Spending more then 300$ would kill my wallet and marriage.

Heel

UFC statement on Lyoto Machida

The UFC organization was made aware today by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA), the independent administrator of the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, that Lyoto Machida declared the usage of a banned substance during an out-of-competition sample collection last week. Machida stated that he was unaware that the substance was prohibited both in and out of competition and, in accordance with the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, his disclosure of usage will be taken into consideration by USADA during any potential results management and adjudication process.

Given this information, UFC officials have elected to remove Machida from his scheduled bout against Dan Henderson this Saturday in Tampa, Fla. Henderson will be re-booked for a new bout in the near future.

Cheers.

Pcq9MOs.jpg

Heel

Lyoto explains fight cancellation

I'm here to tell you that I was caught by surprise by this news. It has been very dificult for me. I've trained a lot for this fight, I've dedicated a lot with all my team mates. I want to tell you that I really didn't know about this substance, so I listed it on my declaration form amongst everything else I was taking, and this substance was recently banned in 2016, so I take the blame for not knowing that, and I'd like to say I'm really sorry and apologize to my fans, team mates, and my family... I always try to play by the book, but unfortunately this happened.

The supplement used by Lyoto was 7-Keto, that contains the substance DHEA, found in products sold at every supplement store and it's very popular.

https://www.facebook.com/lyotomachidafw/videos/vb.124454974401566/545925292254530/?type=2&theater

Chesskid1

Banned
i always wonder for older fighters if they need the money or if they just like to compete, like you know anderson silva doesn't need money. maybe BJ penn does.

FUME5

I expect to be extremely hung over from a friends bucks night, so I was unlikely to watch the card anyway.

Fucking lol at Machida though.

scabro

BJ Penn comes from a rich family lol, they own lots of Hawaii property iirc

he just doesnt want to go out having gotten his ass whopped by frankie

Being rich in Hilo is like being rich in a third world country, but yes, he has said he didn't do anything after high school except train, cuz he didn't have to get a job.

Top Bottom