• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

There's no way he isn't bullshitting. Imagine what a shitty end to a career that would be. Talk a careers worth of bullshit, get put in your place by Diaz, then run just bail the first time you're tested? Nah mayne

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Pokey pokey Uncle Dana for some of that Reebok scratch he'll be giving GSP. In a way, Connor does have Uncle Dana by the balls.

VoxPop

Honestly a smart move but I don't think he's made enough "cheese" to retire right now. If he wants to live the way he does now, he's gonna have to clear at least 2 more paydays to keep it up consistently along with decent investments.

It's either a nice little troll job or he's seriously ducking Edgar to further dampen his resume.

I can see him sticking around if he dominates Diaz.

I can see him sticking around to fight Aldo if he beats Frankie for the interim 145 title.

I can see him sticking around to fight for the 155 strap if Alvarez somehow beats RDA.

Heel

We haven't forgot about you, Zubin.

ddAptJN.png

VoxPop

Coach ✔ ‎@CMPunk
Well fuck it, I have decided to retire old. Thanks for the shoes @Reebok

Coach Kavanagh ✔ ‎@John_Kavanagh
Well was fun while it lasted

we getting worked

edit:

Ariel Helwani ✔ ‎@arielhelwani
Multiple sources are adamant at this time that McGregor's tweet isn't a joke, troll job or hoax of any kind. Reason(s) behind it is unclear.

MjFrancis

Failed drug test and forced retirement to keep it quiet seems most plausible to me at the moment. It was a decent run Conor, you beat Jose Aldo inside of a minute and... well, that's all you've done, mate. Still, decent enough.

Heel

Conor and the UFC will basically be negotiating a contract in the public for UFC 200. Don't be surprised to see Dana playing bad cop here shortly, with good cop Lorenzo striking a compromise. #DublinerTacticz

Yaari

If they really shut this down after he asked for more money, I think iit's pretty funny. It had to end somewhere.

He lost so even though he's a huge draw still, it definitely has impact. I enjoyed his fights but now that we seen him lose, I don't really care that much.

I didn't think much of the rematch anyway. I have no reason to expect it to go differently.

-MD-

@arielhelwani 9m9 minutes ago
Ariel Helwani Retweeted UFC
Note the wording here. "UFC pulls McGregor ..."

@arielhelwani 10m10 minutes ago
Dana White just announced on ESPN that Conor McGregor is out of UFC 200. They are actively working on a new main event.

@ufc 13m13 minutes ago
BREAKING NEWS: UFC pulls @TheNotoriousMMA from #UFC200.
@danawhite on @SportsCenter now.

Dana White: Conor McGregor pulled from UFC 200, because he wouldn't attend press conference

Obviously we still have a good relationship with Conor," White said. "I respect Conor as a fighter and I like him as a person. But you can't decide not to show up to these things. You have to do it."

Conor did not want to come to Las Vegas and film the commercial or be a part of any of the marketing we have," White said. "He's in Iceland training and that's not possible."

Huh.

brentech

Any chance this has to do with GSP, his statement that the Reebok deal blows, and Conor and other fighters wanting to join up on that cause?

Just seems like a negotiation move unless he's 100% out of the game for life.

FStop7

Banned
Do the Fertitta brothers literally need to shove their hands up Dana's butt to make him move around and speak or is he remote controlled?

Fox318

Any chance this has to do with GSP, his statement that the Reebok deal blows, and Conor and other fighters wanting to join up on that cause?

Just seems like a negotiation move unless he's 100% out of the game for life.
If fighters were to ever unionize it would take guys like coner and gsp.

They can't build their league off of crackhead like Jones.

broz0rs

The thought of the White and the Fertitas pulling out McGregor from one of their most important cards ever because of insubordination is absolutely hilarious. Remember how many times Nick Diaz didn't show up for press conferences and ended up getting bigger fights?

Lawler vs GSP hopefully gets made for 200. My suspicion is UFC talks with GSP got serious while Conor tried to ask for more money. UFC isn't pulling Conor unless they had a backup plan.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The thought of the White and the Fertitas pulling out McGregor from one of their most important cards ever because of insubordination is absolutely hilarious. Remember how many times Nick Diaz didn't show up for press conferences and ended up getting bigger fights?

Nick got pulled from his GSP fight for skipping a press conference and had to wait two years to get another shot.

I guess Conor isn't bigger than the UFC after all. We all knew they were a cheapskate organization and I guess 10mil was the tipping point.

Top Bottom