• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

YaGaMi

Don't know who's at fault here. McGregor only now shying away from the media attention after getting his ass handed to him or Dana and Co. Now finally wanting McGregor under the thumb.

Connor will never be bigger than the company and he's gonna find that out soon enough.

Was it though?

Pardon me, the third.

Don't know who's at fault here. McGregor only now shying away from the media attention after getting his ass handed to him or Dana and Co. Now finally wanting McGregor under the thumb.

Connor will never be bigger than the company and he's gonna find that out soon enough.

He signed the contract. Media is part of the contract. Conor is completely wrong. The fight is three months out. Bring some team members with you, get your workouts on while you're on tour, fly back when you're done. Everyone else has done this throughout the history of the sport, the only exception being Nick Diaz a single time.

He's turned full premadonna, and he's coming off a loss. The guy is cracking under the weight of his own ambition to the point that he is terrified of losing a very short window of training, and is risking his entire career over that fear.

JBJ's first fight since being stripped of the title is in two days and the conversation this week has been completely dominated by Conor.

Bad news fellas - I'm scheduled to fight Josh Samman next and I'm already down 3 losses so this'll prob be the last time you see me in the octagon.

Chesskid1

Banned
benson henderson fighting tonight on bellator for the strap, didnt see anyone mention it, accidently found out about it looking up conor stuff

Weckum

Bad news fellas - I'm scheduled to fight Josh Samman next and I'm already down 3 losses so this'll prob be the last time you see me in the octagon.

image.php

It's kind of weird how I hated Samman in TUF but now I kind of like him.

FaceTurn

Ease up and let him have his way. What a fucking circus...

Funny that the company tries to find that next star and now they have a megastar and they treat him like that.

It sets a bad precedent though. I doubt Diaz will be ok with doing media while his opponent is still training.

He's turned full premadonna, and he's coming off a loss. The guy is cracking under the weight of his own ambition to the point that he is terrified of losing a very short window of training, and is risking his entire career over that fear.

Let's not exaggerate here. This won't be the end of his career and these media trips actually take a fair bit of time out of his prep.

Presser starts in 9 minutes and nobody knows the main event. Two spots at the conference lacking nameplates, guess we'll find out soon (*cough* GSP)

ed: Diaz will main event

ed: lol Dana tearing into Conor. Good

Chesskid1

Banned
wow, they did a recap at the end of bellator and it said michael page fought, that guy who does no look punches and does crazy silva like stuff.

hes one of my favorite fighters. damnit. watching replay. shows how much i pay attention to bellator.

VoxPop

Lol Bendo made the biggest mistake of his career going to Bellator.

And @ 170 on top of that. I see him getting worked by both Chandler and Brooks @ 155 as well.

I really wish UFC would sign Askren already before he's too old although he didn't look great in his last fight either.

Heel

Did Bellator feed Page another straight can? They are protecting that guy the way WWE protects Roman.

Seems like a fair step up in competition is on deck, and had already been booked once before:

Michael Page will take the next step in his Bellator career when he faces streaking welterweight Fernando Gonzalez at Bellator 158.

This is the second time Page and Gonzalez were set to meet, with the first bout at Bellator 151 scrapped when Page was forced to withdraw.

Page (10-0 MMA, 6-0 BMMA) has been one of Bellator’s most entertaining fighters and someone the promotion has looked to bring along at a comfortable pace. He has finished all but one of his professional opponents, including Holloway. All of those stoppages came in Round 1.

Gonzalez (25-13 MMA, 5-0 BMMA) doesn’t have the most sparkling of records on paper, but he has been on a tear since signing with Bellator. After defeating past welterweight tournament winner Karl Amoussou in his debut for the promotion, Gonzalez stopped former UFC star Karo Parisyan via first round TKO. He defeated Gilbert Smith by split decision in his most recent bout and is now riding a five-fight winning streak.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Fernando-Gonzalez-8578

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Like I say every time he fights, Page has been the "next big thing" for like 4-5 years now. Unless they give him a title shot within the next 12 months I'd be asking whether it's through Bellator protecting him, or he himself just being content with crushing cans.

And Bendo let that Brandon Thatch win get to his head. He's a tiny 170. He could probably dominate the pack at 155, but I can't help but feel that Dana feels vindicated for letting him go now.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Like I say every time he fights, Page has been the "next big thing" for like 4-5 years now. Unless they give him a title shot within the next 12 months I'd be asking whether it's through Bellator protecting him, or he himself just being content with crushing cans.
He's fighting Fernando Gonzalez next...No clue who he is, but I am going to take a stab in the dark and say he is another can.

Yaari

I'd be happy if its a fight where Mighty Mouse is actually challenged the slightest bit. I don't have much hopes for that in the OSP - Jones fight either.

Watching like I always do but not too much hope to see some competitive fights.

Looking forward to GGG vs Wade tonight too.

If Dodson could improve his speed slighty and get his cardio up, he could beat Johnson. But in general Johnson's tool set is just too much for the division.

Top Bottom