• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Even that has a little bit of logic behind it since people see the various companies as direct competitors. With MMA as iy stands at the moment though, the UFC is in a class of it's own and if that changes, it won't happen nearly as quick as it can for consoles.

Unless you are a shareholder then you shouldn't be emotionally compromised by how any company performs financially.

The title makes me think that's due to concern about whther the WWE can thrive in today's market. I.E. it's at risk. Is that not the reason for that case?

I don't think the Fertittas view the UFC being sold as a "danger", brotha.

Fair enough. But you get my meaning, right?

Unless you are a shareholder then you shouldn't be emotionally compromised by how any company performs financially.

I agree completely. My point was more that the competition aspect provides a certain logic to the debates there. While talking about UFC buy rates suffering doesn't really have a purpose. No other Orgs are currently poised to overtake it and they're not likely to anytime soon.

dream

But at the same time, for the few remaining members of MMA-GAF who started watching the Ultimate before Conor McGregor debuted, there's just so little to give a shit about these days. For us, the business is far more interesting than the actual content.

Levito

Banned

That doesn't really have anything to do with the UFC or MMA though? Unless I'm missing your point here.

But at the same time, for the few remaining members of MMA-GAF who started watching the Ultimate before Conor McGregor debuted, there's just so little to give a shit about these days. For us, the business is far more interesting than the actual content.

Can't say I agree. I've been watching steady since 2010, and while things like the Rebook deal are garbage, the roster is far better than it ever has been. In the past 10 months: Rory Macdonald and Robbie Lawler had maybe the greatest fight ever, DC and Gus showcased maybe the most wild and competative LHW fight ever, Holly Holm shocked the world and KO'd Ronda Rousey, Conor Mcgregor dethroned Jose Aldo in 13 seconds, and Nate Diaz shocked the world by dominating the sport's goldenboy.

Also, the future looks good. I'm fucking DYING to see fights like Rafael dos Anjos rematch Khabib Nurmagomedov. That's the very definition of a superfight. (Yes I know it hasn't been announced but IT'S COMING)

Dysun

buy rates are more interesting than going through the ways that Jon Jones is going to play with DC for five more rounds

Levito

Banned
buy rates are more interesting than going through the ways that Jon Jones is going to play with DC for five more rounds

*Ahem*

zGeVlkq.jpg

Also stuff like Rory vs Wonderboy. There's so many good fights coming up that are more interesting to talk about than PPV buy rates.

Dysun

Rematches are inherently less exciting than new match ups, that goes without saying.
199 and 200's main and co-main event have already been fought once, and I expect similar outcomes again. Not feeling the buzz here

Levito

Banned
And rematches are more exciting than buy rates that should be meanless to anyone outside of the company and investors.

There's more new fights on the horizon than rematches too.

dream

The only fights that interest me across that entire chart are:

Jacare vs. Vitor
Anderson vs. Hall
Max vs. Lamas
Dan vs. Hector

I think, more than anything, that chart shows how utterly uninteresting the new crop of "stars" really are.

FUME5

I still give a shit. If you're predicting the outcome of bouts consistently you should be rich and jaded anyway.

Guru-Guru

Banned
First women's flyweight fight is Letourneau vs Calderwood. It's apparently still up in the air whether or not they will officially open up a flyweight division with a strap, but I guess this is just them testing the water. Is there even enough talent at 125 to warrant a division? Some of the women at 135 would be better off at 125, but 135 already is shallow enough as it is.

industrian

Diego Brandao has been cut.

I still remember seeing him win TUF. It was the same season where John Dodson beat Dillashaw.

He's 6-4 in the UFC, But threatening to shoot people and pistol whipping dudes at a strip club is a bigger L than he'd ever receive fighting. Pissing hot for weed is just the bonus plan.

The only fights that interest me across that entire chart are:

Jacare vs. Vitor
Anderson vs. Hall
Max vs. Lamas
Dan vs. Hector

I think, more than anything, that chart shows how utterly uninteresting the new crop of "stars" really are.
This isn't The Real Housewives of ________, it's mixed martial arts after all.

i only watched the claudia/joanna interaction vid on reddit

https://streamable.com/cfzf

hopefully they make one every week and i actually find it

it is what spurred my claudia is beautiful comment. i think shes the prettiest in UFC IMO
I think this girl standing next to her looking embarrassed is cute.

Actually everyone in the video except Claudia and Joanna look super embarrassed the whole time.

Did anyone else watch Bellator Italy? Finally got around to it and idk if it was Jimmy Smith or the other guy, but the mic was on the entire night so you could hear his questions to the backstage.

Watching Bellator 153 now. I wonder what Brian Ebersole is up to.

industrian

Has NeoGAF went to shit for everyone or just me?

Half of the time the whole page doesn't load. The other half of the time it loads slower than dialup.

I just went back to watch that girl's fight. She was the one who came back in round 2 and made the other girl look like Franklin against Silva after getting dominated for the first round. Hot and a great striker.

Has NeoGAF went to shit for everyone or just me?

Half of the time the whole page doesn't load. The other half of the time it loads slower than dialup.
Fine for me.

industrian

GAF seems to be working fine now for me. I wonder what the problem was.

Take out Shogun and replace with this fight.

It's Shogun's home town, so he's on the main card just because of that.

Expect Joe Rogan to do some epic retirement speech fishing when Shogun gets KFTO by this Beastin' 25/8 dude.

claudia gadelha is really beautiful

Shes the sole reason im watching TUF 23. Tho having said that, the elimination fights were almost all great, with more finishes than ive seen in a TUF season in years. Last ngihts fight was good too.

But yeah, Claudia. Id let her choke the living shit out of me any day of the week.

Levito

Banned
Shogun is one of my favorite fighters, but good lord he needs to stop fighting. I don't even wanna seem him walk out there with his dad bod and get ktfo.

industrian

Shogun should have dropped to 185 after he was emasculated by Jones. He could have had a decent run there if he was motivated enough.

The most important question to ask though is does his brother still own that gas station?

GAF seems to be working fine now for me. I wonder what the problem was.

It's Shogun's home town, so he's on the main card just because of that.

Expect Joe Rogan to do some epic retirement speech fishing when Shogun gets KFTO by this Beastin' 25/8 dude.

Rogan isn't coming to Brazil, he's afraid of traveling here for some reason.

Shogun should have dropped to 185 after he was emasculated by Jones. He could have had a decent run there if he was motivated enough.

The most important question to ask though is does his brother still own that gas station?

LOL at motivated Shogun. That never happened and never will.

Levito

Banned
Shogun is like BJ Penn in that when he was on point, he looked unstoppable(vs Machida), and when he wasn't on point he looked terrible(vs Coleman). Now he just looks terrible all the time.

Dude just needs to stop.

industrian

LOL at motivated Shogun. That never happened and never will.

Basically my point. ;) The only time I can remember a Shogun camp being notable was his fight with Sonnen (he brought in Freddie Roach and everything). And we all know how well that worked for him.

iddqd

hqdefault.jpg

And "the OLD SHOGUN is back!" must be a saying that at this point, is older then his glory days in Pride.

- Should have moved to 185 after losing to Jones
- Should already be retired
- Should run a Gym/Garage with Wanderlei and a reality TV show about it

Top Bottom