• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Fox318

The fuck kinda of trailer was that?

I like Weidman but Rockhold looked so good in that last fight I have to think that Weidman won't last 3 rounds.

Yaari

You guys really thought Bigfoot had a chance? Was it the hair and beard?

No I just didn't really think too much of Struve's striking prior to this fight. He tends to get tagged a lot and can't use his reach, but he overwhelmed Bigfoot here. He looked good although it didnt last long.

Oh well, time for the main event. Hoping Andrei wins.

broz0rs

He finally realized after 50 fights he didn't have a chin. Sensei Jackson saved his career.

Did he train at Jackson's this fight? Both Jackson and Winklejohn were at Arlovski's corner because he's been with them for so long. I believe Overeem had his Netherlands crew with him in his corner.

VoxPop

Overeem didn't really look impressive to me. He looked gassed by the second and doesn't really have the snap in his strikes anymore. The lack of horse meat is hurting him a lot imo. An early stoppage win over a glass chinned arlovski isn't particularly amazing. He has always choked in the big fights and I don't see that changing.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Did he train at Jackson's this fight? Both Jackson and Winklejohn were at Arlovski's corner because he's been with them for so long. I believe Overeem had his Netherlands crew with him in his corner.

I don't think so, but he clearly implemented the same gameplan he has been using since going to Jackson's.

Reem just crane kicked someone that lead to a tko..lol. that's pretty impressive. This is also coming after two piecing JDS.

I'm not big on reem at all, wanted Pitbull to win but you gotta give credit.

VoxPop

He will be cut by the UFC and knocked by Freddy in Japan.

Freddy must be licking his chops about getting to rematch a Big Foot Silva that is 1-5-1 in his last 7 with all losses by KO in the first and not the one that mauled him into a cyclops.

Weckum

Was a pretty decent event. Prelims were kind of meh, but the main card was good.

Can we just acknowledge the amazingness that is Nikita 'Al Capone', I mean 'The Miner' Krylov?

Reem has all the tools to become the champ. Good to see that he's finally being cautious with his chin and gas tank. Nobody in MMA can stand with him. Doubt Werdum can take him down. Werdums stand up has improved but he's nowhere near K1 level. After Werdum he only needs to KO Cain and that division is his.

Yaari

Reem has all the tools to become the champ. Good to see that he's finally being cautious with his chin and gas tank. Nobody in MMA can stand with him. Doubt Werdum can take him down. Werdums stand up has improved but he's nowhere near K1 level. After Werdum he only needs to KO Cain and that division is his.

I think Stipe is going to take out Werdum.

Finally watched the main fights from yesterday. Wow, both Reem and AA grew chins. Reem took some fire early and brushed it off, and then that crane kick hit AA solid under the jaw and he took more shots on the ground without going out.

How was the rest of the card?

Weckum

Finally watched the main fights from yesterday. Wow, both Reem and AA grew chins. Reem took some fire early and brushed it off, and then that crane kick hit AA solid under the jaw and he took more shots on the ground without going out.

How was the rest of the card?

Main card was pretty good, prelims were mostly mediocre.

Top Bottom