• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

According to Jeremy Botter, the Fertittas are looking to sell about 11-15% of Zuffa. They still want to retain control of Zuffa and the UFC.

I wonder what the main tought process is for selling? Is there something wrong with the product? Profits not high enough? Damn I wanna know! :D

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
I wonder what the main tought process is for selling? Is there something wrong with the product? Profits not high enough? Damn I wanna know! :D

Maybe they just want to take that $3-400 million, build a mountain of coke, and dive right in!

broz0rs

If the rumors about the Chinese investors are true, they probably want to sell a portion of the UFC to the Chinese in order to enter their market. I recall that in order for a foreign company to do business in China, there must be a subsidiary of the company owned by Chinese nationals.

Also, if some may wonder "well, the UFC had an event in Macau." That is true, but Macau has a form of sovereignty that is separate from the rest of mainland China. (similar to Hong Kong)

Fox318

Every time BJ Penn comes out of retirement I yearn for a UFC Masters division.

You know what if they did have a senior tour that features headgear or even no striking the guys might be better off.

They would get a paycheck and the UFC wouldn't have to deal with the bad press of people thinking MMA is some strongman fight pit thing.

VoxPop

I imagine both of them would end up bawling and holding each other after Penn chokes him out again.

I still want Penn vs Aoki. And Penn vs Serra at 205.

I wonder why the UFC never made a run at Aoki. He's not the typical boring grappler. He actually has an insane finish rate and has quite a bit of charisma (despite the language barrier). There's a lot of great fights for him at 145-170. He could be like Maia but actually finish fights.

I wonder why the UFC never made a run at Aoki. He's not the typical boring grappler. He actually has an insane finish rate and has quite a bit of charisma (despite the language barrier). There's a lot of great fights for him at 145-170. He could be like Maia but actually finish fights.

I think Aoki would be exposed like nobody's business if he was in the UFC. He gets put up against grappling based cans and in Dream and Sengoku the refs would constantly help him. I know I've mentioned it before but I remember the one time when he was fighting ... Clementi? .. he was working on sinking a choke but couldn't get it and the time ran out in the round but the officials didn't ring the bell and let it keep going until he got the tap.

broz0rs

That fight he had with Melendez put a nail in the coffin to that. His stand up is non-existent and he really depends on submission victories if he's fighting good fighters. His wrestling is not up to par and there's just less than a small chance he could take down bigger fighters in the UFC to get into a position to submit them. You also just can not compare the competion Aoki has faced to Maia, who has faced some of the best in the world.

but yeah, he's an exciting submission artist and that arm drag submission he had is my favorite of all time.

Levito

Banned

He was a big fish in a small pond in Japan, and he would've most likely gotten stomped in the UFC.

VoxPop

Yeah I guess he would have been pretty bad after seeing that Melendez fight. Still would have be fun though seeing him fight guys like Diaz and Michael Johnson.

Chesskid1

Banned
man the embedded episodes are so boring, none of the fighters have much of a personality

wonder if this card will be much of a draw tbh, it's stacked with fighters but no big names. still damn excited though

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
this exists, eh?

2E4DJxv.jpg

Speaking of Meisha, I just finished the JRE with her as a guest. She was good. I particularly enjoyed hearing about her experience wrestling in high school and what went through her mind a) the first time she fought in mma b) during the Holly fight. There was only a little bit of talk of chemtrails and super foods. The focus was almost all on her.

Heel

Paying any attention to Will Brooks in the last year makes it understandable. Now he can stop whining and get paid what he's worth: 15k/15k from the UFC.

Will probably end up fighting overseas.

-MD-

What the fuck is going on in Bellator?

Stripped Minakov of the HW title which is understandable

but

they release their 155 champion Will Brooks? Lol wut

Also

https://www.facebook.com/ShoBoxing/videos/10150702294344963/

I hope for the sake of the future of the sport, this fight happens whether its a squash or not.

This is a good thing for Brooks, yeah? He still had a fight or two on contract and wanted out of Bellator, guess they did him a favor.

Werdum had no respect for Stipe. Acting like a huge clown, having fun prior, and then got what was coming to him.

Good for Stipe. Thought he was the real deal until he got his ass beat by Struve but has looked great ever since so definitely ready to see if he can hold on to this.

MjFrancis

Werdum was applying pressure and looked good for all of a minute and a half - who among us don't appreciate an aggressive fighter? Miocic was landing most of his punches to Werdum's face though and with the last few his neck was snapping back. Hindsight being 20/20 the fight was over long before Werdum threw his face into Stipe's right.

Top Bottom