• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Levito

Banned
Rockhold destroyed Bisping the first fight though? I guess he's more marketable than Jacare though.

BTW I'll make the UFC 199 OT on the Monday before the PPV.

Shirkelton

Neo Member
I very much doubt he does. But even if he loses, what does he really lose? He can still go back to MMA like nothing happened and keep saying that in a real fight he would win (which is true).

The payday would be the biggest in his life by a wide margin. Also I don't think he really has much to fear as far as getting seriously hurt. He probably won't win a single round, but I very much doubt he'll be KO'd.

Afterwards he'll still be getting offers for big fights in MMA. After all the thrash talking that will go on for the fight on very mainstream media, he'll be more famous than ever. If he fights aggressively, but loses on points his stock might even go up. That's not even mentioning the insanity that would ensue if the fight was actually close or if he managed to win.

In fact I see the fight as a much bigger risk for Mayweather. He's putting his unblemished record on the line, at 39, against a guy in his prime for nothing more than a payday.

McGregor ran out of fumes after a round of (mostly) boxing with Nate Diaz, and was on the verge of being stopped by strikes when he effectively threw in the towel. Mayweather would beat McGregor soundly and it wouldn't go to a decision.

All moot, though, because that fight will almost certainly never happen.

Rockhold destroyed Bisping the first fight though? I guess he's more marketable than Jacare though.

BTW I'll make the UFC 199 OT on the Monday before the PPV.

Jacare just fought, I think he has an injured knee, and Bisping is coming off of a win over Anderson Silva and is much more 'marketable'.

Shirkelton

Neo Member
Oh man. PLEASE not Bisping.

If Jacare's not actually injured, it'll probably be him, but there's a good chance it's Bisping, this is likely Bisping's last chance at a title shot, it's a chance to redeem himself against a guy that beat him up and beating Anderson Silva is probably the best lead-in to a title shot he's ever going to get.

Shirkelton

Neo Member
The alternative-alternative is someone like Uriah Hall, who is more exciting, but far less ready. Relative to that, Bisping's close enough for consideration.

ApharmdX

Banned

That was a great fight minus Weidman's inexplicable wheel kick. Kinda reminded me of this past weekend's lapse in fighter IQ, know what I mean?

Jon Jones just has to get his belt back against DC and then defend it against Rumble. Hopefully at some point Gustafsson just retires clearing the way for Jones to move to heavyweight in 2017.

Jones isn't going to heavyweight. He doesn't have power at LHW. How's he going to beat HWs when he can't take them down?

Wildman got hurt and pulled out. I for one, am shocked!

Another fucking card gutted with injuries, ugh.

iddqd

I come in here for a fun read and all I get again is shit injury news.

And the biggest difference in RDA's game is all the new gear he is taking.
His body did the opposite of Overreems before the Nate Diaz fight.

McGregor ran out of fumes after a round of (mostly) boxing with Nate Diaz, and was on the verge of being stopped by strikes when he effectively threw in the towel. Mayweather would beat McGregor soundly and it wouldn't go to a decision.

All moot, though, because that fight will almost certainly never happen.

True, after incorrectly bulking up. He never had that problem at FW. He'll be getting hit by a 150 pound guy that hasn't knocked down anyone in years with big puffy gloves. Plus Mayweather's whole focus is on safety, he's not gonna go crazy looking to put Conor away. He's not going down in that fight, but I agree he would get completely out-boxed.

Heel

July 17th: Chael Sonnen's Submission Underground

Jake Shields vs. Benson Henderson
King Mo Lawal vs. Vinny Magalhaes
Kenny Florian vs. Filipe Braga Costa
Ricco Rodriguez vs. Fabiano Scherner
Jens Pulver vs. Nathan Orchard

The matches will use modified Eddie Bravo Invitational rules, which Sonnen considers to be the best grappling rule set on the planet.

For 8 minutes, a competitor can win only by scoring a submission. If there are no submissions, the match moves to an overtime period. The winner of a coin flip can elect to start the overtime period attacking from the back or from the “spiderweb” (arm bar) position. If one competitor scores a submission and his opponent does not, he is declared the winner. But if both competitors escape from submission attempts, the match moves to the next overtime round. After three overtime rounds, the competitor who escaped the quickest is declared the winner.

The event also will use a cage instead of a standard grappling mat to ensure the safety of the competitors involved by preventing them from tumbling from a raised platform or mat.

Bad Grappling never die.

FUME5

I come in here for a fun read and all I get again is shit injury news.

And the biggest difference in RDA's game is all the new gear he is taking.
His body did the opposite of Overreems before the Nate Diaz fight.

I'm shocked you would make this accusation.

Where's your evidence, increased lean muscle mass - eat clen train hard.

The fact his brow ridge is getting bigger - that's just the spirit of Jesus.

Weckum

Jacare would make sense, but he just fought so I wouldn't be surprised if he said no.

Would love to see Mousasi, but don't think he's deserved it yet.

Bisping? hahahahahahahahhahahahaha

Weidman never wanted the rematch. Sure, they cancel each other out on their feet but on the ground Weidman got dominated.

Weidman was likely on a cycle, USADA came knocking and instead of testing he fakes an injury and pulled out.

Weidman never wanted the rematch. Sure, they cancel each other out on their feet but on the ground Weidman got dominated.

Weidman was likely on a cycle, USADA came knocking and instead of testing he fakes an injury and pulled out.

You have such a weird imagination. Injured or not, he would still be tested

Fox318

gvCD50O.png

Levito

Banned
I'd like to see Conor fight Robbie Lawler just so I can see the faces of Conor's delusional fanbase when Robbie mauled him.

zewone

Jacare would be interesting.

Bisping would be too easy for Rockhold, but Bisping has put his time in. If the UFC threw him a bone and gave him a shot I wouldn't be upset.

I'd like to see Conor fight Robbie Lawler just so I can see the faces of Conor's delusional fanbase when Robbie mauled him.
I'd rather see Nate fight Lawler but it's not juicy enough for the casuals.
A lot probably think Robbie would beat him convincingly but not me.
It'd be Rock Em Sock Em Robots, the bloody version.

Overeem makes a great point here: "Cain Velasquez is coming off of a loss. He's ranked No. 2. I don't really get that. He's coming off of a loss and then the other thing is his last win dates from 2013. That's three years ago. It's 2016 now. His last win is 2013. So I don't understand why he's ranked No. 2"

ApharmdX

Banned
Overeem makes a great point here: "Cain Velasquez is coming off of a loss. He's ranked No. 2. I don't really get that. He's coming off of a loss and then the other thing is his last win dates from 2013. That's three years ago. It's 2016 now. His last win is 2013. So I don't understand why he's ranked No. 2"

Yeah, that's a bit suspect. As long as Overeem gets the title shot, though, that's all I care about. That's the only fight that makes sense, and it's a great matchup.

Heel

What do I always tell you guys? Don't complain until you see the fight. I called this kid...let me tell you man, this kid is fired up. I've never heard anything like it. No one wanted this fight more than Michael. These guys do not like each other. We'll see what happens.

Fox318

What do I always tell you guys? Don't complain until you see the fight. I called this kid...let me tell you man, this kid is fired up. I've never heard anything like it. No one wanted this fight more than Michael. These guys do not like each other. We'll see what happens.

NEPRyYc.gif

Top Bottom