• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

ApharmdX

Banned
I'm not saying that the UFC isn't as good as it was. There are a lot of good fights still, more than before. But there are too many events and too many injuries wrecking them. The UFC needs to go back to one event a month, max. They are average like 3 events per month. This is way too many.

edit: I agree with you regarding the "sport versus entertainment" angle. But the UFC still has to present an entertaining product in order to be successful. They walk a fine line IMO.

If Frankie Edgar walked through any mall in America like 3 people would recognize him. And two of those people would mistake him for a former cast member of Jersey Shore.

LOL!

Frank Edgar is a fine human being and a legend of the sport. You sports entertainment fans need to go back to Wrassle-GAF.

Frankie's a legend but he's ruined plenty of PPVs. Actually he's gotten better in this regard. He's finished 3 of his last 5 opponents.

Heel

I think Levito has clearly dominated this argument. Probably won't see Heel's face in this thread again.

Let's take it to the scorecards.

1.gif

Levito

Banned
Let's take it to the scorecards.

1.gif

I never leave it in the judges hands.

Rafael%2Bdos%2BAnjos%2BStops%2BBen%2BHenderson%2B-%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2BTulsa.gif

Jokes aside I was enjoyed this debate though.

All this talk of stars/hype made me wish GSP vs Conor could've been a thing just to see a bunch of over patriotic Canadians and Irish kill eachother in the stands.

dream

Back in the day the UFC was the Tito Ortiz show and THAT'S IT, they didn't even schedual PPVs if Tito wasn't able to fight.

Huh? If we say the Tito era started with the Jersey show, in which he killed the late Evan Tanner, we have...

30: Tito vs. Tanner
31: Randy vs. Pedro
32: Tito vs. Elvis
33: Tito vs. Vladdy the Janitor
34: Randy vs. Pedro 2
35: Jens vs. BJ
36: Randy vs. Josh
37: Lindland vs. Bustamante
37.5: Chuck vs. Vitor
38: Hughes vs. Newton
39: Randy vs. Ricco
40: Tito vs. Ken
41: Ricco vs. Timmy
42: Hughes vs. Sherk
43: Chuck vs. Randy
44: Randy vs. Tito
45: Hughes vs. Trigg
46: Randy vs. Vitor
47: Tito vs. Chuck
48: Ken vs. Kimo
49: Randy vs. Vitor 2
50: Tito vs. Cote
51: Tito vs. Vitor
52: Randy vs. Chuck 2
53: Andrei vs. Eilers
54: Chuck vs. Horn
55: Andrei vs. Headhunter
56: Ace vs. Rock
57: Chuck vs. Randy 3
58: Ace vs. Crow
59: Timmy vs. Andrei (with Tito vs. Forrest as the co)
60: Hughes vs. Gracie

I mean, yes, Tito fought a lot and was a major draw, but I'd argue that guys like Chuck, Randy, Vitor, etc. were just as big of stars.

SteveWD40

You have to give Bisping points for heart, taking a fight on 2 weeks notice against a guy who beat him handily, just cos he really believes in himself.

I can't help but like him (these days).

brentech

Catching up with that Bellator event. God damn, Santos probably got knocked out multiple times there.

Edit: yea, that was a Phil Davis fight if I ever saw one.

Chesskid1

Banned
i actually grew used to mass UFC events and i really love them now

theres usually at least 1 fight worth watching (usually the main event) and lots of prospect fights, and most of them are free

i get bored if there isnt a UFC event for me to watch live or sunday morning

i guess if you are the type that buys every PPV you would prefer stacked cards though

Heel

Saturday, May 21

Venator FC 3: Palhares vs. Meek
Milan, Italy

Main Card - MMAJunkie.com - 3:00pm ET / 12:00pm PT
Rousimar Palhares vs. Emil Weber Meek
Luke Barnatt vs. Jason Miller
Matt Hamill vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou
Igor Araújo vs. Marvin Vettori
Che Mills vs. Roberto Rigamonti
Peter Queally vs. Giorgio Pietrini
Karl Amoussou vs. Simeon Thoresen
Cody McKenzie vs. Daniele Scatizzi
Jack Hermansson vs. Ireneusz Cholewa
Karl Moore vs. Pietro Cappelli

This card is incredible.

Yaari

Conor met with Uncle Dana earlier today, and will be on ESPN SportsCenter later tonight Probably an announcement coming up.

Yaari

She is incredible. And seems genuinely nice too. Or maybe Joannas massive cuntishness just makes Claudia seem like an angel by comparison

Also i cant believe Cody McKenzie fighting is something that is actually happening in the year 2016

Claudia seems more much likeable but you are right, Joanna being the bitch she is, it probably makes it stand out even more.

I really loved it when she put Joanna in her place during that presser.

Weckum

She is incredible. And seems genuinely nice too. Or maybe Joannas massive cuntishness just makes Claudia seem like an angel by comparison

Also i cant believe Cody McKenzie fighting is something that is actually happening in the year 2016

Amazing. Hope he doesn't forget to bring his Reebok fighting shorts this time.

Levito

Banned
Mayhem needs therapy, and I don't mean that in an insulting way. He clearly has some deep seeded issues and shouldn't be fighting, this is so sad.

Fox318

If weigh ins weren't used as media events and fighters trusted to not fuck up I'd say that weigh ins should happen the day of the fight like in Wrestling and Jui-Jitsu competitions.

ApharmdX

Banned
Report: Floyd Mayweather offering Conor McGregor $50 Million for boxing match

I still don't believe it, but it would be insane if the UFC didn't let it happen.

That's hilarious. PBF could do it, promote the fight, and still make a ton of money... but this is just hype, really. Still, if that kind of offer is on the table, Conor would be crazy not to take it. Yes, he gets clowned and KO'ed in a boxing match, but he'll be lucky to see $50m over his entire UFC career, and this is one fight. Do the fight, get out of fighting, and become an actor or something.

broz0rs

That's hilarious. PBF could do it, promote the fight, and still make a ton of money... but this is just hype, really. Still, if that kind of offer is on the table, Conor would be crazy not to take it. Yes, he gets clowned and KO'ed in a boxing match, but he'll be lucky to see $50m over his entire UFC career, and this is one fight. Do the fight, get out of fighting, and become an actor or something.

Let's say the Fertitas and Dana did a complete dick move and demanded they want half of McGregor's purse, that pay out will still be absolutely huge for him.

Yaari

I have no idea how Bellator justifies Manhoef getting this title shot, but it should be a fun fight.

Edit: Lol. What a mess.

Edit2: There has NEVER been a fight worse than this.

Edit3: Omfg. I am done.

Top Bottom