• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Fox318

Trump would allow groin strikes, fish hooking, and eye gouging with the chin.

One of the things that always has me thinking is that if said moves were legal wouldn't that place Jui-Jitsu guys at an huge disadvantage?

I watched GSP vs BJ from UFC 58 and I couldn't help but think something like a gogoplata or a triangle choke just wouldn't work if somebody was going for your groin or eyes.

One of the things that always has me thinking is that if said moves were legal wouldn't that place Jui-Jitsu guys at an huge disadvantage?

I watched GSP vs BJ from UFC 58 and I couldn't help but think something like a gogoplata or a triangle choke just wouldn't work if somebody was going for your groin or eyes.
Ya that's why wrestlers like Mark Kerr won a lot when head butting was legal. In the pre-regulation Brazil vale tudo shows the guy on top could stick their chin in the eyes and gouge. It's definitely a different game.

Fox318

Ya that's why wrestlers like Mark Kerr won a lot when head butting was legal. In the pre-regulation Brazil vale tudo shows the guy on top could stick their chin in the eyes and gouge. It's definitely a different game.

I know when I wrestled one of the things that guys always would do and getaway with was using your forearm and slamming into a guys nose and either putting pressure to twerk his head into postion or some guys would slam it in a way that you were practically getting a free strike in on a guy.

I know nothing about bjj but I just can't see wanting to fight on your back.

Heel

CjZcXINWgAAkHaT.jpg

MjFrancis

Any match with Mariusz Pudzianowski is a fight I can support.

This is what we truly want to witness - two hulking beasts attempting to pummel one another into submission.

and he ran from that fight with Dana!

Yeah Dana would have bingo'd him. You would have seen Dana bobbing and weaving with his big bald head but unsuccessfully because he would eat shots but he would still try to slip punches...then somehow he would just blast Tito with a wild swing.

Any match with Mariusz Pudzianowski is a fight I can support.

This is what we truly want to witness - two hulking beasts attempting to pummel one another into submission.

Pudz would break bricks with his face and show it to you because he wants you to think hes a badass.

Fox318

That sportsmanship by Marcin to Pudz was too hilarious and cringeworthy.

Didn't watch the actual fight so I was a little confused. Thought the ref broke them up and he went in for an arm triangle into some weird twister variation at the end.

This fight night card on Sunday is a real sleeper and I'm loving a majority of the fights on it.

199 is pretty lame but seeing this video of Faber on the Chitor diet is making that fight with Cruz pretty enticing.
"Yo get the Fuck off, people are watching"

N° 2048

That sportsmanship by Marcin to Pudz was too hilarious and cringeworthy.

Didn't watch the actual fight so I was a little confused. Thought the ref broke them up and he went in for an arm triangle into some weird twister variation at the end.

This fight night card on Sunday is a real sleeper and I'm loving a majority of the fights on it.

199 is pretty lame but seeing this video of Faber on the Chitor diet is making that fight with Cruz pretty enticing.

Mirror for sportsmanship link?

Had a good laugh this morning watching the Cyborg running man clip

https://www.instagram.com/p/BF6r7ziBUA3/?hl=en

Man I'm so over her popping for roids. She's too funny.

brentech

Monday here so I can't watch it, has Barao fallen off that bad or is Stephens better than I remember him being?
Barao pretty clearly won the first with some technical striking out pointing Stevens.
2nd round he looked a bit tired and his movement that kept him from getting hit in the first disappeared. Stevens started being slightly less wild with his shots, landing some really big ones that has Barao backing up and starting to attempt some shitty takedowns. A couple uppercuts in the second looked like they could of have put Barao out, but props to him for staying awake.
3rd round was slowed by both guys, but Stevens stuffed more takedowns and landed better shots after the minute mark. 3rd round was close, but I thought Stevens def took it. More Barao being flat footed and slow.

FUME5

Barao pretty clearly won the first with some technical striking out pointing Stevens.
2nd round he looked a bit tired and his movement that kept him from getting hit in the first disappeared. Stevens started being slightly less wild with his shots, landing some really big ones that has Barao backing up and starting to attempt some shitty takedowns. A couple uppercuts in the second looked like they could of have put Barao out, but props to him for staying awake.
3rd round was slowed by both guys, but Stevens stuffed more takedowns and landed better shots after the minute mark. 3rd round was close, but I thought Stevens def took it. More Barao being flat footed and slow.

Cheers. Almeida hype train derailed too.

Top Bottom