• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Fox318

going back and really using fight pass.

I think guys like Josh Barnett, Dan Henderson, Daniel Cormier, and Frankie Edgar are fantastic to watch fight.

Fox318

The only real problem I have with Fight Pass is that PPVs are not included with the sub.

Too much money on the line.

Though if I buy the PPV from the UFC I should be able to watch the replay as much as I want before they put it up for everyone.

Fox318

Doesn't WWE Network include PPVs with their sub service?

yup

though because of that some may say that their booking phlisphy towards PPVs not Summerslam/Royal Rumble/Mania has shit the bed.

I'm really loving fight pass but I wish there was an easier way to just watch a playlist of fights.

I just watched Diaz vs Dos Anjos and man those are some fucking kicks.

Fox318

No Rousey at MSG, is she ever going to fight again?

She'll fight once she stops getting film work.

Which frankly might be after Road House bombs. So much of her film and pop culture impact was based off of her being undefeated and her being unafraid to take fights.

For her to just say fuck it I'm out after getting her ass handed to her would impact her brand and frankly she isn't a good enough Actress to last in Hollywood on skill alone.

VoxPop

yup

though because of that some may say that their booking phlisphy towards PPVs not Summerslam/Royal Rumble/Mania has shit the bed.

I'm really loving fight pass but I wish there was an easier way to just watch a playlist of fights.

I just watched Diaz vs Dos Anjos and man those are some fucking kicks.

Try and find best of UFC 2010 (?). It's actually made really well with all the best parts of every fight and is in a nice little order from HW down to FW. You get to see the rise of all their stars pretty much in chronological order.

2011/12/13/14/15 changed the format and isn't anywhere near as good but it's still enjoyable as well.

broz0rs

“We’re trying to set up a fight right now," White said. It’s been a little challenging. I’m trying to get the deal done.”

McGregor holds the UFC's featherweight title, but is adamant on settling the score with Diaz after losing to him in March. According to White, the only fight McGregor is interested in is the Diaz rematch at 170 pounds.

“Conor is obsessed with this rematch. I don’t know why, but he is," White said. "It’s just his type of personality. He’s obsessed with it. He’s obsessed with fighting Diaz again at 170 pounds.”

Dana's trying to get another fight for Conor, but he's not having it right now. He wants that rematch so bad.

Levito

Banned
It's funny how Conor called Aldo and RDA cowards for not defending their belts due to injury but Conor wont defend his belt due to a bruised ego. Or he's scared shittless of Frankie, either or!

Levito

Banned
He's also established that he doesn't have to play by the same rules as everyone else because of his value to the company.

He also got clowned in under two rounds by someone fighting on two weeks notice. Draws shouldn't get special treatment to the point where they don't have to defend their title.

zewone

Edgar's 2nd and 3rd fights with Maynard are 10x more exciting than anything Conor has done.

This isn't wrasslin, it's a sport. He's going to fight Edgar sooner or later.

It's closer to sports entertainment than a sport than you would probably believe.

And I very much disagree with you. You can cherry pick two fights, but his career is built on boring, grinded out decisions.

Levito

Banned
It's closer to sports entertainment than a sport than you would probably believe.

Lordy. Promotion is important, but it's a sport through and through. Lesnar was arguably the biggest draw they ever had, didn't stop Cain and Overeem from destroying him.

You can call X fighter boring because they don't go out there and wildy swing like Wanderlei, but it's of your own volition if you don't respect those athlete's pulling out a dominating performance because it's 'boring'.

zewone

Lordy. Promotion is important, but it's a sport through and through. Lesnar was arguably the biggest draw they ever had, didn't stop Cain and Overeem from destroying him.

You can call X fighter boring because they don't go out there and wildy swing like Wanderlei, but it's of your own volition if you don't respect those athlete's pulling out a dominating performance.

I find wrestling boring, that's my opinion.

And it's not a sport through and through, if it was, Miesha Tate would have got the title shot over Holly Holm.

Frankie Edgar would have got the title shot against Aldo instead of Conor if it was purely a sport.

UFC is about putting asses in seats pretty much before anything else. The popular people are going to get the biggest push to their careers. It's the reason Nick Diaz got a title shot against GSP coming off a loss.

Levito

Banned
I find wrestling boring, that's my opinion.

And it's not a sport through and through, if it was, Miesha Tate would have got the title shot over Holly Holm.

Frankie Edgar would have got the title shot against Aldo instead of Conor if it was purely a sport.

UFC is about putting asses in seats pretty much before anything else. The popular people are going to get the biggest push to their careers. It's the reason Nick Diaz got a title shot against GSP coming off a loss.

You're talking about the opportunity that comes with popularity and marketability. That's absolutely a thing, but it's an entirely different thing from insinuating it's closer to sports entertainment than a sport, and it's selling ya boy Conor short. Conor talks an amazing game, but he's also a destroyer that ran through everyone in the UFC up till Diaz. His mouth sold the tickets, his ability as a martial artist gave the words meaning, he could back it up. This has existed in boxing for many, many years before the UFC was a thing.

If all that's important is popularity, then CM Punk will be fighting Conor by the end of the year. But they can't do that, because ya know, CM Punk sucks and isn't a fighter. I'm sure he could talk it up better than anymore else tho~

Dysun

Edgar's 2nd and 3rd fights with Maynard are 10x more exciting than anything Conor has done.

This isn't wrasslin, it's a sport. He's going to fight Edgar sooner or later.

Those fights are ancient history and all of Conor's fights have been exciting, that's not a knock you can put against him

Levito

Banned
Don't worry, we're ALL looking forward to when Nate destroys him again. :3

5gMB9Xd.gif

ldcommando

Banned
Conor can chase all the money fights he wants. But if you are not willing to defend your fucking belt, vacate it so people can fight for it

Fox318

Conor can chase all the money fights he wants. But if you are not willing to defend your fucking belt, vacate it so people can fight for it
Both Frankie and Also know there is more money in fighting Coner as champ than having a non drawing belt.

I'm sure Coner will defend At MSG or Ireland before the end of the year.

zewone

Conor made belts obsolete.

UFC helped by offering a belt to OSP.

It's been devalued.

If Aldo and Edgar want a meaningless belt, he should let them.

I just want to see exciting match ups.

Conor made belts obsolete.

UFC helped by offering a belt to OSP.

It's been devalued.

If Aldo and Edgar want a meaningless belt, he should let them.

I just want to see exciting match ups.
Conor/Diaz 2 is an exciting matchup at 170???
Diaz/Lawler would be more intriguing than that shit.

zewone

Conor/Diaz 2 is an exciting matchup at 170???
Diaz/Lawler would be more intriguing than that shit.

Not really, but I'm a Diaz fan and I'm a Conor fan, so I'm excited to see them fight anyone.

I'm not really into rematches too much, yeah, I'd rather see Diaz and Lawler. I'd like to see either Diaz fight him really. ( I know Nick beat him already, but that was ancient history).

Dr.Acula

Banned
uEL6hAJ.png

Maybe we'll get Holm/Tate II now. Tate seemed really disappointed for Holm on Rogan when she told the story of finding out she'd be fighting Rousey next.

Top Bottom