• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Heel

If Ariel's ban sticks (I'm betting it will, at least for a good while), I'm curious to see how he'll fare. Not being able to be credentialed is one thing, but he books a lot of his guests on The MMA Hour through UFC PR. Wouldn't be surprised if they get vindictive and start leaning on fighters to not get booked without consent.

Fox318

If Ariel's ban sticks (I'm betting it will, at least for a good while), I'm curious to see how he'll fare. Not being able to be credentialed is one thing, but he books a lot of his guests on The MMA Hour through UFC PR. Wouldn't be surprised if they get vindictive and start leaning on fighters to not get booked without consent.

You'll still get enough people on. You can't blackball coaches and fighters aren't totally tied down to the UFC just yet. Though everyone sitting by while that Reebok deal was announced hurt big time.

also in stock now

http://www.ufcstore.com/UFC_UFC199/Mens_Reebok_BJ_Penn_Teal_UFC_199_Stacked_T-Shirt

Is there a Luke Rockhold fan left? How can anyone take this dude seriously after getting slumped by 2016 Bisping? He had his belt taken from him by the ultimate gatekeeper.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Bork is on sportscenter in about 3 hours (10 est). Most likely announcing his opponent. His first name is Tom, or formally, Tomato. That's all I know.

Brock sounding great on Sportscenter. Can't wait to see him back in the cage.

Wow, he just said he's still under contract and will fight in Summerslam after 200.

Yaari

So Mark Hunt it is. I wished for Fedor. But I gotta give Brock props. Mark is no joke. And we all know how Brock's striking is.

If he does win, I hope he'll fight another time.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Brock shouldn't even train stand-up at all. Drill that power double and some gnp. He's getting KO'd if he even attempts to throw a punch.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I wanna say Brock gets decapitated in short fashion....but this is a year where Michael Bisping is MW champ.

Latest round of UFC cuts ..

Efrain Escudero (again)
Clint Hester
Willie Gates
Dominic Waters
Yan Cabral
Filip Pejic

Do we happen to know where Brock is training? Dude should be at Jacksonwink or Tristar if he actually wants to win.

He had been at the Minnesota Martial Arts Academy. I remember he used to train with Nik Lentz. I don't know if he's there yet or not.

Haunted

btw the Marco Polo Reyes vs Dong Hyun Kim fight is fantastic
Fight of the night.

I haven't seen such an entertaining match since the UFC's dramatised retelling of Bonnar/Griffin.

Also, third title held by a European now. Takeover is still happening (not really).

Heel

So the guy who hasn't fought in 4 years, is 38 years old, and who has looked like shit against elite strikers is a favorite? They are just giving money away.

It's an interesting line, in that I think it should be relatively close, yet there may not be enough sharp money to flip the favorite against a swath of Paddy Power veterans.

iddqd

Lesnar / Hunt is so weird.
I was sure they would give him someone without real KO power and a more clear weakness. Struve for example.
But Hunt has shown OK takedown defense and even his jab can make the white penis sword crumble, WEIRD!

And I'm looking forward to listen to the MMA Hour once it shows up on itunes, hope media outlets will continue to talk about that drama.
All the UFC apologists on twitter and in comments are a big surprise.

I know Brock was recovering but he couldn't take Reem down. He'll get ko'ed fast if he rushes in and he'll get ko'ed eventually if he stands.

ApharmdX

Banned

VoxPop

So the guy who hasn't fought in 4 years, is 38 years old, and who has looked like shit against elite strikers is a favorite? They are just giving money away.

I love how Joe Silva has managed to make Hunt seem like a real threat. Hunt has been broken down by almost every grappler he has faced and he's been gifted a bunch of cans tailor made for him during his UFC stint to keep him relevant. While Brock can still get ktfo, I dont think Hunt is as dangerous as people make him out to be. It's the same Sakakibara technique that made people think Fedor/Wand were some world beaters.

Fox318

Payouts for Saturday:

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/06/ufc-19...0k-rockhold-250k-earn-top-disclosed-payouts-1

Well shit, Henderson is going to fight until his brain is mush. $800k? That's a fuckton.

Yeah I'm listening to it now. Fuck the UFC. This was the tast straw for me. Until this is rectified, I won't buy another PPV or pay another cover charge at the bar for an event.

CiNcx5EW0AAd4Xk.jpg

I love how Joe Silva has managed to make Hunt seem like a real threat. Hunt has been broken down by almost every grappler he has faced and he's been gifted a bunch of cans tailor made for him during his UFC stint to keep him relevant. While Brock can still get ktfo, I dont think Hunt is as dangerous as people make him out to be. It's the same Sakakibara technique that made people think Fedor/Wand were some world beaters.

You might be right. This is more like a 50/50 fight to me though.

broz0rs

The only true grappler in the UFC heavyweight division is Cain, and Hunt's only loss due to being out grappled was against Stipe. Other than that, he's fought every decent fighter at HW asides from Cain and Overeem.

Hunt is going to knock Brock out first round.

Top Bottom