• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

MjFrancis

I'd hide under a cage for eight hours too if I knew I had that floating around in my system. Jones is done.

Hell, even Wanderlei made a more respectful dodge by literally running away from his test. And that's sad.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I'd hide under a cage for eight hours too if I knew I had that floating around in my system. Jones is done.

Hell, even Wanderlei made a more respectful dodge by literally running away from his test. And that's sad.

I listened to Sonnen on Rogan and the story he gave was that he was there when the testing guy showed up. The testing guy had no identification and wouldn't allow Sonnen to ask his name or check with anyone that this dude was legit. Sonnen went with it anyway (which he says he kinda regrets, because he thought the procedure was abnormal) and then the testing guy went to find Silva. Silva did the same "who are you, prove it" routine, and when the guy wouldn't say who he was, Silva just said, fuck it, and left.

Calderc

Apparently Jones only learned 'In the past week' that blockers are used after a cycle...

Dude really can't help himself on twitter.

Fox318

It's something to behold as to how much he sabotages himself.

Every member of his family is like that.

His brother could have gotten record deal with the Patriots that would have led to crazy endorsement money and so on.

But he decides to smoke synthetic weed and ends up going crazy in front of a police station.

Because the football player needs the cheapest shit get high to.

"Hey man my brother just lost his career to drugs and is now "fighting" (probably not and its all an act for PR) to stay sober, I should smoke the cheapest worst shit this side of crack."

Fox318

Just got back from rolling for the first time. Loved it. Quitting my regular gym to commit to that now.

I just need to get a gi as they have BJJ classes as part of it.

Its a catch as catch can CSW gym.

Just got back from rolling for the first time. Loved it. Quitting my regular gym to commit to that now.

I just need to get a gi as they have BJJ classes as part of it.

Its a catch as catch can CSW gym.

Good luck! Ive been doing BJJ since March. Its probably the hardest thing ive ever done in my life.

Good luck! Ive been doing BJJ since March. Its probably the hardest thing ive ever done in my life.
Been doing BJJ since July 2012. I agree it's the hardest but also the most rewarding.

That constant struggle between your ego, fatigue, technique, mind/body, injury, etc is addicting as fk.

My advise would be to come away from every class learning and retaining at least one technique. It's not about "wins" or "losses," it's about the your personal journey; the peaks, valleys, and plateaus.

If you want to be a funny white belt that catches a higher belt sometimes,
the Ezekiel Choke has been something that worked for me for that:
http://www.bjjheroes.com/techniques/ezekiel-choke

(Most) People just don't expect getting choked while they have you in their guard

Yeah ive never landed an Ezekiel but i love how sneaky they are. I was just doing some drills with a blue belt the other week and he was like okay so from mount position, what can you do? I immediately went with the Ezekiel and i think (hope...) he was genuinely surprised at how well i pulled it off.

Been doing BJJ since July 2012. I agree it's the hardest but also the most rewarding.

That constant struggle between your ego, fatigue, technique, mind/body, injury, etc is addicting as fk.

My advise would be to come away from every class learning and retaining at least one technique. It's not about "wins" or "losses," it's about the your personal journey; the peaks, valleys, and plateaus.

Yeah ive only landed 2 submissions so far (both last week!), but honestly i count any class i make it out of without a serious injury as a win. Right now im just learning, and getting my shit rekt is part of that

brentech

Saw this on reddit, Game of Thrones' 'the mountain' vs conor:

TBYPaQ3.gif

TMZ @TMZ

Brock Lesnar -- Fails 2nd Drug Test ... On Day of UFC 200 Fight dlvr.it/Lr0M4D

Brock Lesnar tested positive for a banned substance on the DAY OF UFC 200 ... this according to the UFC.

The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency notified the UFC that a sample collected on July 9th tested positive for the same substance that was found in Brock's 1st failed test, which went down on June 28th.

"It is important to note that, under the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, there is a full fair legal review process that is afforded to all athletes before any sanctions are imposed," the UFC said in a statement.

Brock's UFC 200 opponent, Mark Hunt, has already demanded Brock's $2.5 million purse -- guessing this is only going to fuel that fire.

Goodbye Brock...

I just randomly turned in to the RNC to cringe out and Uncle Dana gave a speech about how Donald supported the UFC back in the day so now he's supporting Donald.

FUME5

I just randomly turned in to the RNC to cringe out and Uncle Dana gave a speech about how Donald supported the UFC back in the day so now he's supporting Donald.

No real surprises there.

Thread title is codified law at this point.

You're welcome.

It's fucking depressing, but that's the nature of the game. Professional sports of all kinds are going to have to figure out how they deal with this.

I mean shit, the whole Russian Olympics team is probably juiced to the gills and they still can't decide whether they are going to allow them to compete or not.

EDIT

Also, you without the Rogan avi seems strange.

Were Dana and Tito sitting next to each other? Something tells me Ken Shamrock would be into Trump. And Matt Hughes. And Pat Miletich. And Chael Sonnen. Hmm who else?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
http://mmajunkie.com/2016/07/bellat...ankova-wants-to-resolve-hidden-sexual-tension

“I’m not really sure who would further my claim for a title shot, but I think a win over Anastasia would definitely further my chances of making out with her,” MacFarlane said. “I’m not sure if my desire to fight her has more to do with my hopes for a title shot, or a hidden sexual tension I feel between us. Either way, I’m game.”

Scott Coker continues to find new ways to market this sport.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
No real surprises there.

It's fucking depressing, but that's the nature of the game. Professional sports of all kinds are going to have to figure out how they deal with this.

I mean shit, the whole Russian Olympics team is probably juiced to the gills and they still can't decide whether they are going to allow them to compete or not.

EDIT

Also, you without the Rogan avi seems strange.

He'll come back eventually.

I think pure wrestling is harder, but yeah BJJ will take its toll and kick your ass if you've never done it before. I wish I had time to get back to it.

Top Bottom