• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Fox318

Holm was a fluke. God damn.

1. Holly is not a fluke. Her ground game is
  2. Her victory against Ronda was as much about matchups as Rhonda's shit coaching and her thinking she is the next Rock
  3. She is up against a very good striker right now and is keeping the battle standing up.

brentech

Waiting to find out if Holm has an ounce of killer instinct in her. i feel like she has to finish.
Only seen her earn finishes via people running into her.

brentech

Holly too one dimensional. She can pick apart non strikers that can't take her down, or people rushing her like Ronda, but she hasn't looked good even in wins where people could exchange with her.
Terrible usage of her length. I don't see her earning another shot ever. Too much of a point fighter. Maybe too much boxing mentality.

Fox318

They set up Holm as a can for Rhonda and Honda decided to fight with her head up and her gloves to the ground like she was roy jones.

kinggroin

Banned
I wonder how much this loss hurts the monetary potential for a rematch with RR; I mean, it certainly doesn't help any.

I hate saying fluke, but, eh.

Levito

Banned
Holly was doing ok the first round then Shevchenko stopped her circling with those kicks. Then the countering wrecked Holm.

I wonder how much this loss hurts the monetary potential for a rematch with RR; I mean, it certainly doesn't help any.

I hate saying fluke, but, eh.

Rousey will probably not come back.

Also, it wasn't a fluke. Shevchenko just fought great tonight, not the same style as Ronda at all.

EDIT: Also I wish it wasn't such a pain in the ass to watch UFC events. Would've love if tonight's show was on fight pass.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I didn't even know there was a thing today.

Were the programming directors at FS1 aware? I'd only seen this card referred to as a Fight Night, never as UFC On Fox. Maybe I just didn't notice the UFC On Fox branding go away previously. I knew the card was coming up but only heard yesterday that it was a Fox show.

broz0rs

Holly looked so slow in that fight. I don't see her coming back from this, but she can still get a Rousey fight for a lot less money.

She made the right choice by not waiting for Rousey, but the UFC fucked up big by not making Holm-Tate 2, winner gets Rousey. Now the belt is meaningless

Holly looked so slow in that fight. I don't see her coming back from this, but she can still get a Rousey fight for a lot less money.

She made the right choice by not waiting for Rousey, but the UFC fucked up big by not making Holm-Tate 2, winner gets Rousey. Now the belt is meaningless
Brazil has a female champ though.

Banglish

Where did all the Holm fans go..

Holly looked good until Valentina started beating up that front leg, that's when she really started to slow. Pretty sure we're all tired of the consecutive rematches - I'd rather see new matches/faces/styles/reggaeton booty.

I started the week trial of Fight pass. Re-watch season 10 of TUF and Rampage still cracks me up. Definitely my favorite season. Poor titties.

That insta-boner #1 ranked female brazillian jiu-jitsu practitioner Mackenzie Dern won her first mma fight.

Hope to see her in the UFC soon

Top Bottom