• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

9c0.jpg

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I think about this fight tomorrow night and it's similar to how I feel when I think about the upcoming election.

We're about to have Tyron Woodley as UFC champion, aren't we? I'm worried that there's nothing I can do about this.

I think about this fight tomorrow night and it's similar to how I feel when I think about the upcoming election.

We're about to have Tyron Woodley as UFC champion, aren't we? I'm worried that there's nothing I can do about this.

Woodley landing an overhand bomb and putting Lawler out is totally possible.

It frankly scares me because Lawler's 170 lbs championship reign has basically been the best thing that ever happened to the division and I don't want it to end.

Speaking of the event, I'm considering dropping a huge amount of cash on Rose.

Last time I bet like that was Karo vs Thiago many years ago. Alves made me a wealthy man.

Weckum

UFC 201 only has two real fights worth watching:

Main event: Lawler - Woodley
Prelim: Ed Herman (lol, he's back? - Nikita 'THE GOAT' Krylov

I get Hunt's frustration. If the UFC really wanted to get tough on PEDs (which I don't think they do, they just don't want guys getting caught) they should work with the commisions to institute a rule where a fighter has to forfeit a certain percentage of his purse, make it high like 40%, to their opponent if they test positive after a fight, just like missing weight.

FUME5

I get Hunt's frustration. If the UFC really wanted to get tough on PEDs (which I don't think they do, they just don't want guys getting caught) they should work with the commisions to institute a rule where a fighter has to forfeit a certain percentage of his purse, make it high like 40%, to their opponent if they test positive after a fight, just like missing weight.

A sensible proposition, which they are unlikely to implement.

DKehoe

If they didn't really want to get tough on PEDs they wouldn't have hired Jeff Novitzky and brought in this policy. The amount of testing going on and the length of bans shows they do mean it. They are also catching top level guys like Jones and Lesnar. It's maybe not perfect but they could have easily brought in a policy that was a lot less stringent if they were just doing it for PR purposes.

They should definitely bring in that sort of rule though.

iddqd

Woodley holding down Lawler for five rounds is only possible if he is on 3 of the best tainted supplements.

His cardio was always garbage and he has zero fight IQ (see Rory / Shields fight)
MAYBE a knockdown with some TKO wailing could be the end of an aged Lawler.

But a t-1000 style constantly walking forward Lawler is going to break Woodley in 3, 4 rounds.

zewone

Please send Woodley to Valhalla.

I've never seen someone more entitled to a title shot off a torn ACL (Condit) and someone pulling out of a fight (Hendricks).

lol, he hasn't fought since January of 2015.

Weckum

Gegard vs Belfort at ufc 204 in Manchester. Guessing they'll do Bisping vs Hendo there as well then, with Gegard vs Belfort being the contender fight.

Gegard vs Belfort at ufc 204 in Manchester. Guessing they'll do Bisping vs Hendo there as well then, with Gegard vs Belfort being the contender fight.

None of them are that close to a title fight.

Luke Rockhold is probably out of the picture because of his knee issue, so we will probably get Jacare vs Weidman or Jacare vs Romero 2 soon

Weckum

None of them are that close to a title fight.

Luke Rockhold is probably out of the picture because of his knee issue, so we will probably get Jacare vs Weidman or Jacare vs Romero 2 soon

We also have Condit vs Maia, I forgot about that one. Maybe winner of the vs winner of Gegard vs Belfort for real title contender.

I hope Condit doesn't have to fight against Mousasi, I'd have no idea who to root for since I think both are awesome. Condit is the more exciting fighter tho,

Top Bottom