• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Lol. Not that we shouldn't laugh when one of Ronda's horsemen lose, but that girl in a cotton shirt is Cindy Dandois, a judoka who is a legit threat in this era of women's MMA. And she looks great in a tight cotton shirt.

Goddamn, the Day Walker's face.

brentech

CoohxqtVUAEsmxn.jpg

Fighters would probably love to see how many things Dana gets popped for if he had to test.

brentech

First fight with the late stoppage. Dudes better be ready to lose their heads tonight. Guy probably took at least 4 unnessessary hammer fists.

Macattk15

What the fuck?

Majority draw?

My parlay is fucking ruined cause of that bullshit??? Graves won that.

I didn't have anything CRAZY.

Graves, Krylov, Benoit, Brown, Namajunas, Lawler

edit : Nvm maybe the draw doesn't ruin it ... Graves still won that though.

brentech

What the fuck?

Majority draw?

My parlay is fucking ruined cause of that bullshit??? Graves won that.

I didn't have anything CRAZY.

Graves, Krylov, Benoit, Brown, Namajunas, Lawler
Pretty sure the other guy won the fight in the most unspectacular form. First round was a dice roll, but dude controlled the pace and struck more. Graves didn't take his first shot for quite a while.
2nd, graves obviously won.
3rs was another close round, but graves fucked up by falling off the back and never did anything of value in the round after that(and remember, he didn't earn the takedown, he just earn dominant position off of being taken down). He ate shots while trying to earn a take down and was just terribly gassed.

I 100% support that decision. Getting gassed and being unable to do anything of value in the 3rd is embarrassing. Same thing he did on TUF.

broz0rs

what is happening?

that's the one where Joe asked Ronda right after her win whether she could fight in a few months. It wasn't possible for her because she had a film to shoot, but she still said it was possible to be nice to Joe. Dana was livid and immediately went to tell her that it was a misunderstanding. Joe overheard and told Dana that it was the guys in production who told him through his earpiece to ask that question. Dana went to the back and supposedly chewed out the guy who made that call to ask that question.

Listening to Tyron Woodley on The MMA Hour and even though I wanted him to beat Robbie, I can't stand this dude. Such a delusional toolbag.

Keeps making excuses as to why Wonderboy doesn't deserve the fight. GTFOH.

I can't wait to see WB get the fight despite what Paper Champ wants and then get his head kicked in after all of the trash talk against WB.

Ugh, so dumb. Has the same "logic" as dream.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Listening to Tyron Woodley on The MMA Hour and even though I wanted him to beat Robbie, I can't stand this dude. Such a delusional toolbag.

Keeps making excuses as to why Wonderboy doesn't deserve the fight. GTFOH.

I can't wait to see WB get the fight despite what Paper Champ wants and then get his head kicked in after all of the trash talk against WB.

Ugh, so dumb. Has the same "logic" as dream.

He's got a good point. Thompson has only beaten the (then) previous champion and somebody coming off a title shot in the past six months. I haven't seen even a single story of him sitting around doing fuck all for a year and a half while insisting he deserves a title shot. His resume just doesn't compare to Woodley's unfortunately.

He's got a good point. Thompson has only beaten the (then) previous champion and somebody coming off a title shot in the past six months. I haven't seen even a single story of him sitting around doing fuck all for a year and a half while insisting he deserves a title shot. His resume just doesn't compare to Woodley's unfortunately.

Tyron didn't even earn this shot. How the hell are you gonna say some nonsense like that?

zewone

What?

Woodley's most impressive win before Robbie was a split decision win over Kevin Gastlum.

He lost to Rory McDonald recently, who Wonderboy just beat soundly. Not to mention his first round knock out of former champ Johny Hendricks.

No one is more deserving of a title shot than Wonderboy, in fact, it should have been Wonderboy fighting Lawler last Saturday.

What?

Woodley's most impressive win before Robbie was a split decision win over Kevin Gastlum.

He lost to Rory McDonald recently, who Wonderboy just beat soundly. Not to mention his first round knock out of former champ Johny Hendricks.

No one is more deserving of a title shot than Wonderboy, in fact, it should have been Wonderboy fighting Lawler last Saturday.

Thanks for the common sense.

Only Mighty Mouse, JJ and Conor (due to the fact he hasn't defended his title) are the only champs remaining from fall of last year!

Seems like either a period of parity or lack of a dominant force. Hard to believe GSP and JBJ were the last dominant greats.

the rule changes have passed in all states except New Jersey

1. You now need to have both palms/fists on the ground (or another body part) to be grounded. So if you have only a single hand on the ground, you can get kneed and kicked to the head. If you are touching the ground with your fingtertips, you can get your head kicked off. And so on.

2. It's no longer legal to advance towards your opponent with your fingers pointed at his or herd head. Your fingers either have to be pointed straight up or held as a fist. The ref will warn the fighter and then deduct a point if the behavior persists.

3. It's no longer a foul to heel strike the kidneys from the guard.

4. It's no longer a foul to grab your opponents clavicle from the guard.

FUME5

I'd complain about Woodley being champ, but I don't think that's going to last long.

the rule changes have passed in all states except New Jersey

1. You now need to have both palms/fists on the ground (or another body part) to be grounded. So if you have only a single hand on the ground, you can get kneed and kicked to the head. If you are touching the ground with your fingtertips, you can get your head kicked off. And so on.

2. It's no longer legal to advance towards your opponent with your fingers pointed at his or herd head. Your fingers either have to be pointed straight up or held as a fist. The ref will warn the fighter and then deduct a point if the behavior persists.

3. It's no longer a foul to heel strike the kidneys from the guard.

4. It's no longer a foul to grab your opponents clavicle from the guard.

That grounding rule change is definitely going to catch a few fighters out, but overall I think those are some sensible changes.

Robbie losing isnt a shocker at all. The one thats most mindboggling is Bisping beating Luke. That was some Harry Potter shit!

Ok Eddie knocking Anjos out is a bit of a shocker too. You would think Eddie is the perfect matchup for Anjos.

And Bisping wont be champ for a long time. I think hes going to lose in his first title defense.

SteveWD40

And Bisping wont be champ for a long time. I think hes going to lose in his first title defense.

Depends, I think he takes old man Hendo for a swim in the deep waters these days, round 4/5 TKO to Bisping.

Jacare, Weidman both take him out. Luke? depends, despite people refusing to give Mike any credit at all, I think he had Luke's number that night. Fuck all this "Luke could have won if he wanted", he got frustrated and still couldn't capitalize, Mike is just a better boxer who had worked hard to develop a counter to Luke's game.

If Jesse Holland put half the time and effort into writing that he does creating intentionally misleading headlines he'd have won a Pulitzer by now.

Top Bottom