• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

VoxPop

Who cares about spinning shit if none of it hits? He gets mollywhopped by anyone in the top 10. Give him Doo Ho Choi next,

pixelation

I love Yahir... but he needs power to go with that flashiness, and power doesn't grow on threes. You gain a bit more power... but not much. Yahir with power would be something else.

VoxPop

@TheNotoriousMMA said:
I didn't mean no disrespect to the @wwe fans. What I meant to say was that I'd slap the head off your entire roster. And twice on Sunday's.

Top worker in the biz. I love it.

broz0rs

Ishihara post-fight at UFN Salt Lake City

q96EElw.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BI0L7MWjLfm/

Nick Diaz's boxing coach: "Yeah I was there and it was Georges St-Pierre's nurse or something, came down and he wanted to give Nick some kind of stuff. And I told Nick not to do it, but he gave it to him. So that's what he's talking about. I don't know what it was. I'm not saying that it was a drug or anything, but I just know that he looked different (in the fight). He said he worked with Georges St-Pierre. He was up all night urinating. I mean he wasn't feeling good because he was going to the bathroom a lot. I mean, I don't know what it did, but I know he was going to the bathroom a lot, so it probably dehydrated him and drained him. I don't know, but I just know I was sitting there and the guy wanted to give him something. I don't know what it was for. I told him no, but he said it wouldn't even hurt him. It was strange."

a) I wonder if that nurse was a girl with a shaved head with a penchant for Eggo waffles.

b) So Nick just takes undefined substances that strangers hand him?

MjFrancis

Nick Diaz's boxing coach: "Yeah I was there and it was Georges St-Pierre's nurse or something, came down and he wanted to give Nick some kind of stuff. And I told Nick not to do it, but he gave it to him. So that's what he's talking about. I don't know what it was. I'm not saying that it was a drug or anything, but I just know that he looked different (in the fight). He said he worked with Georges St-Pierre. He was up all night urinating. I mean he wasn't feeling good because he was going to the bathroom a lot. I mean, I don't know what it did, but I know he was going to the bathroom a lot, so it probably dehydrated him and drained him. I don't know, but I just know I was sitting there and the guy wanted to give him something. I don't know what it was for. I told him no, but he said it wouldn't even hurt him. It was strange."

a) I wonder if that nurse was a girl with a shaved head with a penchant for Eggo waffles.

b) So Nick just takes undefined substances that strangers hand him?
If it wasn't a Diaz I would seriously question this too.

Since it is Nick, yeah, I could see him doing that.

iddqd

Anyone else on the Judo at the Olympics hype train?
Having a tournament that starts and finishes in a span of 5 hours is great.

Some chokes and arms bars here and there as well.

travis_stevens_2016_olympics_usatsi_9439776.jpg

Anyone else on the Judo at the Olympics hype train?
Having a tournament that starts and finishes in a span of 5 hours is great.

Some chokes and arms bars here and there as well.

Speaking of which, I got up early to watch the women's tournament, but apparently NBC decided to put it on their cable channel because they're dickheads. Any event that has an American world champion competing ought to be on terrestrial broadcasts.

-MD-

It's hilarious leading up to this rematch Conor is using the "I was winning until I lost" defense that Conor fans harassed people for using after the Mendes fight.

edit:
Co4nrCZVYAAcn3i.jpg

zewone

It's hilarious leading up to this rematch Conor is using the "I was winning until I lost" defense that Conor fans harassed people for using after the Mendes fight.

Doesn't your same anecdote work in reverse?

Conor haters dismissing the same "I was winning until I lost" defense they used after the Mendes fight?

nobody has perfected the "He was winning til he lost" art quite like Machida fans though. They will hold on to that punch against Jon Jones til the day they die.

brentech

One of the funnier patch notes for UFC 2

Taunt with @BlessedMMA in the last 20 seconds of the round and have your opponent taunt back to end a round “The Holloway”
He explained the last one with a forum post:
Taunt with Holloway in the last 20 secs of the round (he’ll point to the ground, so it’s obvious that it’s happened). If your opponent taunts back you enter into a state for the remainder of the round where takedowns are disabled, clinch is disable, stamina drain is disabled and counter damage bonus is on for every strike.
Oh, and your backwards movement speed is cut in half.
Basically you are agreeing to stand and bang, and the game enforces that agreement.

Read more at http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...2-changes-for-1-09-patch/#0wIXzXYbyj6djce4.99

Eanan

That press conference... jesus

Only Conor could get away with lobbing full half litre cans of monster at full pelt across a room at his opponent, with lots of fans and media present.

Hopefully Flowy Artem is present and Gunni is woken up as backup...

Fox318

Man that Punk doc.

If there was ever somebody who needed something to take the edge off with a drink or find something peaceful like meditation and yoga its him.

And somebody should have taken his twitter account away from him. All he talks about is how other people think about him or what they say about him.

He is going to get fucking abused on the ground. He's going against guys who have wrestled for years and know how to take guys down. Even if he trained on the ground for these 2 years he going to be going against guys that probably wrestled since they were fucking little. Unless he picks shit up like fucking BJ Penn it ain't gonna be pretty for him.

I loved it! THe UFC has too many conferences scheduled. Diaz and Conor did the right thing.

"Dont....dont throw those fucking cans Connor CONNOR!

LMAO!

VoxPop

Just caught up on the episode. I want Punk to do well but its going to be a tall task having never actually trained in his life and being so damn old. Hopefully the footage where he got worked is really old and he's improved good amount.

That being said, Dana and Joe probably know how beatable Mickey Gall is. Gall getting a win over Punk isn't exactly going to send him to superstardom and they probably see Punk as their golden goose as long as he is active and winning some of his fights. Either way, I'm excited to see him in the cage whether he loses or wins. The Bob Sapp factor.

Top Bottom