• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
0128_0rky1.gif

sonic, my man.

-MD-

Just caught up on the episode. I want Punk to do well but its going to be a tall task having never actually trained in his life and being so damn old. Hopefully the footage where he got worked is really old and he's improved good amount.

That footage is from March 2015.

So 3-4 months after he signed with the UFC.

That's awful. I heard she was 8 weeks premature, but thought she'd be fine as it's not super premature and babies have survived earlier births than that. RIP

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I didn't know much of anything about him prior to this.

I have a lot of respect for the guy now. It takes a lot of balls to do what he's doing.

I think he's going to get his ass beat though only because he's jumping into deep waters right away.

I have nothing against him, but I hope he gets embarrassed badly enough for this to all blow up in the UFC's face. I won't be watching either way.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
You have them initiating the strictest drug testing of any sport in the country to make it seem like it's a real sport, then you have them giving a 40 year old ex pro wrestler a spot on their roster. It's bizarre. Just go full carny. Hopefully after the new owners take over they drop any pretense of the UFC being 100% sport.

I didn't know much of anything about him prior to this.

I have a lot of respect for the guy now. It takes a lot of balls to do what he's doing.

I think he's going to get his ass beat though only because he's jumping into deep waters right away.

I'm totally torn. One one hand, I respect the hell out of him for having the balls to do it. It takes all the guts I can muster just to go to BJJ class a coupel times a week so fair play to him for having the guts to step into the octagon.

But on the other hand, its essentially like Cuba Gooding Jnr being allowed to join whatever the best football team is in America just cause he played a football player in Jerry Maguire.

Fox318

Fighters union press conference was to be held today. Did that happen or did fighters chicken out?
Only way the union works is if some agents back it Or we get a huge star.

Right now it's people that just want a cut of the fighters pay claiming to represent them.

And unlike baseball guys aren't going to try and stick up for the fighter with 1 fight.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Only way the union works is if some agents back it Or we get a huge star.

Right now it's people that just want a cut of the fighters pay claiming to represent them.

And unlike baseball guys aren't going to try and stick up for the fighter with 1 fight.

Well Jef Borris is behind this, one of the biggest agents of all time, so it has potential

Jeff Borris, the chief of the fighters union was asked to leave by UFC security at the media day event.

Ah ya, this is going to end well...

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Jeff Borris, the chief of the fighters union was asked to leave by UFC security at the media day event.

Ah ya, this is going to end well...
Yeah UFC doesn't understand who they are tangling with. He has gone up against the MLB and won. This is more fuel for his case

VoxPop

I was actually watching random old episodes of Bully Beatdown today for nostalgia's sake and there have been a bunch of current UFC champs on this show.

Cormier, Woodley, Alvarez x2

and

Jake Shields x2, Arlovski, Daron Cruickshank, Bobby Green, Michelle Waterson, Joe Riggs and of course Mayhem (one of the best episodes).

The cans don't do as well against the bullies and let them win some money which is pretty hilarious. One (Thomas Denny) loses in everything and the bully walks away with 10 grand.

Not surprising a bully survived Jake Shields' tepid striking attack lmao.

Anyone noticing a lot less casual interest in McGregor this time around? I swear prior to 196 my FB feed was nothing but people telling me how McGregor saved the UFC and was the greatest fighter of all time and could probably beat up Superman, Jesus and my Dad etc etc. This time I haven't seen a single post about him from anyone

Weckum

Anyone noticing a lot less casual interest in McGregor this time around? I swear prior to 196 my FB feed was nothing but people telling me how McGregor saved the UFC and was the greatest fighter of all time and could probably beat up Superman, Jesus and my Dad etc etc. This time I haven't seen a single post about him from anyone

Because Nate exposed him.

Yeah until the bottle throwing thing I heard nothing about this fight from anyone really. And my casual friends haven't been talking about it all even though they were hype about the first one. I can't wait though. Great all around card. I'm bummed the FOTN is on the FP prelims though (Larkin vs Magny).

sirap

Rematches rarely get as much hype as the original especially if the person everyone rooted for lost.

That said, Conor promoted the shit out of his last 2 fights but chose to focus more on training this time around.

I was actually watching random old episodes of Bully Beatdown today for nostalgia's sake and there have been a bunch of current UFC champs on this show.

Cormier, Woodley, Alvarez x2

and

Jake Shields x2, Arlovski, Daron Cruickshank, Bobby Green, Michelle Waterson, Joe Riggs and of course Mayhem (one of the best episodes).

The cans don't do as well against the bullies and let them win some money which is pretty hilarious. One (Thomas Denny) loses in everything and the bully walks away with 10 grand.

Not surprising a bully survived Jake Shields' tepid striking attack lmao.

You know those were stuntman actors, right?

saw the cm punk special. really hard not to root for this guy. he could care less that the tv cameras show his poor skills yet he keeps coming back and improving.

Nate Diaz calling out Conor's bjj coach Dilon Danis. If Nate won't fight mma until the trilogy fight, hope he gets into a bjj match with Danis.

VoxPop

You know those were stuntman actors, right?

Yeah I heard something about that but it was still hilarious.

br0z0rs said:
check out Dominic Cruz' trash talk regarding Cody on the Fox post-fight.

Cruz absolutely killed it with that promo whether it was off the top of his head or pre-planned. He's a master trash talker, analyst and fighter. He would be a huge star if he actually had some power. He's like Mayweather without the glitz and glamour.

broz0rs

Cruz absolutely killed it with that promo whether it was off the top of his head or pre-planned. He's a master trash talker, analyst and fighter. He would be a huge star if he actually had some power. He's like Mayweather without the glitz and glamour.

I think the problem with his trash talk is that it seems so personal. He just really gets into the skin and teeth of the person he's talking shit about that it can make him a very unlikable person. It's not very marketable outside of the core fanbase imo. Conor's trash talk generates tons of hype, whereas Cruz' is designed to really piss off someone.

Weckum

I think the problem with his trash talk is that it seems so personal. He just really gets into the skin and teeth of the person he's talking shit about that it can make him a very unlikable person. It's not very marketable outside of the core fanbase imo. Conor's trash talk generates tons of hype, whereas Cruz' is designed to really piss off someone.

This is kind of true, Conor is just pure cockiness, Cruz isn't cocky at all, it's almost arrogance (rightfully so, he's an amazing fighter).

Saw the fights yesterday. Thoughts:

Good for Cerrone, love that guy
LOL @ Glover.
Main fight was a toss-up. R4 was the tricky one I think. Could've seen it going either way, to be honest.

FStop7

Banned
Nate Diaz calling out Conor's bjj coach Dilon Danis. If Nate won't fight mma until the trilogy fight, hope he gets into a bjj match with Danis.

Honestly that was pretty fucking whack of Nate, trying to spin this as some kind of national pride thing.

DMczaf

Man. Watching Summerslam (at a friends) after UFC 202 last night really makes me wonder how anyone really enjoys this fake shit.

Complaining about something being fake after watching a fight where 2 guys who threw water bottles at each other hugged and congratulated each other after a "Blood feud" fight

🤔

Top Bottom