• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Next

+1 for Nick Diaz as best talker.

As Sonnen himself says, everything Nick Diaz says is either funny or interesting. His fighting style is one of the most interesting too, he just has the whole package.

+1 for Nick Diaz as best talker.

As Sonnen himself says, everything Nick Diaz says is either funny or interesting. His fighting style is one of the most interesting too, he just has the whole package.

So if Sonnen says it, it must be true, huh? The best Sonnen joke was him stealing from Aziz.

It's all funny because it's like listening to a child.

eXtv

Banned
I watched thousands of fans become Nick fans overnight from those Condit primetime episodes, it was a beautiful thing

Levito

Banned
I remember seeing an interview between Ariel and Nick many years ago, where Nick talked about new guys in the gym. Something like:

"This new guy comes in, and says 'man I just wanna fucking hurt somebody' and I said 'Are your cazy?' and kicked him out"

So they are discontinuing the UFC Rewards program and I didn't have any points even though I've been on FP since it started and I swear I got some for subscribing. Weird.

Tyron Woodley announces his opponent for the welterweight title at UFC 205

Woodley vs Thompson.

I hope McGregor gets on it so Woodley can still get that payday, though I'm sure fighting on 205 will make him a pretty penny in and of itself.

As far the fight goes, I've got Woodley winning by KO in 1, or 2 at the most. Wonderboy is the superior striker by far, in fact I'd even say he is hands down the best striker in the promotion right now (though Silva is GOAT), but Woodley is the better wrestler by far so there's a potential wrestlefuck, plus he can close distances extremely well with that ridiculous explosive combination of speed and power.

If this goes into 3 rounds or more, I think Woodley's chances drop like a rock.

I expect him to do it, but I think it will be 4th or 5th. Woodley will gas trying to hit Wonderboy, but I think he will evade him and tire him out and then just overwhelm him late.

Woodley probably won't make it to the 4th if he doesn't crush Wonderboy early. I see him going the way of Hendricks in 3 if he doesn't make it happen before then.

The Beard

Nah Connor takes that. Or the Diaz bros. Everything Chael says is contrived as hell.

I prefer Chael to Conor, but Diaz brothers are the best tho.

Conor has a quick mind, is a masterful shit-talker, and just a smooth motherfucker in general. Chael is entertaining as hell. He's cheesy asf, funny, and cool at the same time. The Diaz bros share the same brain cell, it's painful listening to them talk, especially Nate.

Weckum

LOL

Im sure you wouldn't be saying that if Nate Diaz never fought McGregor and you never jumped on the Diaz bandwagon as a result.

The Diaz brothers can barely talk, they just insult and are loudmouths that shout about stockton, ya feel me ?

The fuck you on about? I've been following MMA (including the Diaz brothers) for over seven years now. How can you not love this (and I love Cerrone).

diaz+cerrone+flip+off.gif

Next

I've never heard anything come from Nick's mouth that was interesting. Mostly just stuff that makes me cringe because of how dumb he sounds.
Cringe away and stick to the rehearsed trashtalk. They make sure it's easily digestible so you don't think it sounds dumb.

The fuck you on about? I've been following MMA (including the Diaz brothers) for over seven years now. How can you not love this (and I love Cerrone).

diaz+cerrone+flip+off.gif

Play me the audio. Oh, nothing was said? Just juvenile middle fingers? Oh, so their vocabulary has really evolved.

Not trying to be douche but that clip proves our point.

Play me the audio. Oh, nothing was said? Just juvenile middle fingers? Oh, so their vocabulary has really evolved.

Not trying to be douche but that clip proves our point.

It was super effective. Nate was talking shit the entire time and Cowboy has never looked as defeated as he did in that fight. People talk a lot about a fighter getting inside somebody's head, and Diaz vs Cerrone is one of the best examples.

It was super effective. Nate was talking shit the entire time and Cowboy has never looked as defeated as he did in that fight. People talk a lot about a fighter getting inside somebody's head, and Diaz vs Cerrone is one of the best examples.

Oh, I'm not saying they don't get in people's heads. I'm saying their trash talk sucks. The fact that they trash talk during a fight is what effects everyone. Not what they're saying. Because what they're saying is unintelligible.

eXtv

Banned
Cowboy flipped Nate off instead of touching gloves at the start, so Nate beats the dogshit out of Cowboy for two rounds and going into the third returns the favour. Seeing that live was incredible.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
How did Nick get pulled down to Nate's level? He's always been one of the more thoughtful and entertaining guys to hear talk when he can be bothered to do it.

Heel

You people are ruining my MMA-GAF. Can't you stick to Ronda and Conor OTs?

What, you don't want to see someone try to argue that a guy who has never headlined a card deserves a title shot after fighting "Daniel Horcher" in Tampa after a two year absence, then try to shut down anyone who disagrees with the aid of his podcast buddies?

Looks like Angela Hill has rustled some jimmies over at /r/mma.

I can't think of a fighter that deserves the McGregor bump less. Hypocrite deserves what he gets.

Woodley played it smart. He was promised a title shot and made sure the UFC made good on that promise. He actually even claimed he wasn't offered a fight in between Gastelum and Lawler, which is a claim I don't believe was ever disputed.

Either way, you can't blame Woodley for wanting to make money when whilst he has championship leverage to potentially set up his family for life at the tail end of his career. Especially when the UFC is allowing their FW champ fight twice at WW before defending his belt even once and are giving the MW title shot to Dan fucking Henderson.

It's also not like he completely ruled out ever fighting Wonderboy, he just tried to get on 202 straightaway without waiting for an injured Wonderboy so he could cash in on that McGregor/Diaz money.

I think it's also worth keeping in mind Woodley doesn't like Wonderboy much considering Wonderboy - and I fucking like this guy a lot - was totally overlooking him going into the Lawler fight, talking about how much he was looking forward to fighting Lawler next and how much more of an interesting fight that was going to be to him than fighting Woodley would have been.

All this, added on top of the fact Woodley was promised a title shot way before Condit got his undeserved shot (though he should've gotten the W) and was now getting shit for getting before Wonderboy, doesn't make it surprising he doesn't care much for what people think about the whole situation.

Woodley played it smart. He was promised a title shot and made sure the UFC made good on that promise. He actually even claimed he wasn't offered a fight in between Gastelum and Lawler, which is a claim I don't believe was ever disputed.

Woodley didn't deserve that shot, but he for sure deserved it more than Condit, and I'll applaud anybody who holds Dana White to his promises.

What, you don't want to see someone try to argue that a guy who has never headlined a card deserves a title shot after fighting "Daniel Horcher" in Tampa after a two year absence, then try to shut down anyone who disagrees with the aid of his podcast buddies?

First of all, it's Darrell Horcher. Secondly, why are you paying attention to us that much? Block us, moron. Can't have discussion here.

Top Bottom