• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

dream

I've never understood the sort of softness that is required to be bothered by a fighter taunting his vanquished foe. Like, fuck, you're in a human cockfight and you either knock your man out or make him give up. You've earned the right to show the world that he ain't shit.

Weckum

I've never understood the sort of softness that is required to be bothered by a fighter taunting his vanquished foe. Like, fuck, you're in a human cockfight and you either knock your man out or make him give up. You've earned the right to show the world that he ain't shit.

On the other hand, I don't get how easily they get into each others head before the fight.

The Beard

Do you understand sportsmanship and respect, or naw?

eXtv

Banned
Which she will.

How anyone can think Edmund is a good guy is beyond me, even someone as deluded as her.

Their relationship is weird. The way he was holding her and whispering in her ear after she lost and was sitting in the middle of the cage? Something's going on there.

SteveWD40

Their relationship is weird. The way he was holding her and whispering in her ear after she lost and was sitting in the middle of the cage? Something's going on there.

He is so far in the friendzone he might as well get a mortgage there.

He was probably whispering "don't leave me champ, you didn't lose, she just won harder tonight, plz don't leeve"

Lisa Lansberg better memento herself before the weekend. Poor girl is gonna get knocked into next week by Cyborg.

Who gets set up with more cush matchups - Cyborg or MVP?

eXtv

Banned
Lisa Lansberg better memento herself before the weekend. Poor girl is gonna get knocked into next week by Cyborg.

Cyborg I think, she's a Top 3 P4P women's MMA fighter and just fighting in a non-existent weight class.

MVP is being babied too, but Cyborg and Rainey are decent fighters all the same and it's not like MVP is a Top 10 fighter either.

SteveWD40

MVP, he should be working his way up, but maybe he has it right, since he can make more money doing can crush matches at Bellator and looking cool in HL reels, especially as he is already in his 30's.

He would probably get grapple fucked in the UFC, and I say that as a fan who feels he is probably more well rounded than people assume.

Heel

CssZwQQUEAASuK3.jpg

MVP by far. Dude is still unproven in my book.

Cyborg is legit but the weight makes it hard to source good match ups for her.

MVP is a 170 pounder, of which there are many, many, many great fighters out there, even in Bellator, and he hasn't stepped up to fight anyone that could remotely present a real challenge. I don't think he'd compete at a high level in the UFC based on what he's shown so far.

SteveWD40

MVP by far. Dude is still unproven in my book.

Cyborg is legit but the weight makes it hard to source good match ups for her.

MVP is a 170 pounder, of which there are many, many, many great fighters out there, even in Bellator, and he hasn't stepped up to fight anyone that could remotely present a real challenge. I don't think he'd compete at a high level in the UFC based on what he's shown so far.

Daley still makes 170 right? Cos that's a fight I would like to see...

MVP is 6-0 in Bellator with 5 finishes. The fact that they don't hot shot him into a title shot and instead keep on giving him these training wheel fights all but confirm that Bellator are afraid of him getting exposed badly against anyone who is not a scrub.

MVP is 6-0 in Bellator with 5 finishes. The fact that they don't hot shot him into a title shot and instead keep on giving him these training wheel fights all but confirm that Bellator are afraid of him getting exposed badly against anyone who is not a scrub.

I hope he gets sacrificed to Rory.

After that disgusting display against Santos, he deserves to get humiliated.

This is a silly mentality. You think it was his fault Cyborg got hurt? He did his job.

I have no issue whatsoever with MVP landing that jump knee.

I absolutely do have an issue with MVP, upon seeing Santos drop to the floor and writhing in agony as he held his dented skull, deciding going through with his lame pre-planned victory celebration by rolling a pokeball to his downed opponent was more important than showing basic human decency.

That shit disgusts me. I have no respect for it or MVP.

I absolutely do have an issue with MVP, upon seeing Santos drop to the floor and writhing in agony as he held his dented skull, deciding going through with his lame pre-planned victory celebration by rolling a pokeball to his downed opponent was more important than showing basic human decency.

Yeah. We all know MVP has an x-ray machine built into his eyes and it's not like Cyborg was face down and so MVP couldn't see the actual damage.

Yeah. We all know MVP has an x-ray machine built into his eyes and it's not like Cyborg was face down and so MVP couldn't see the actual damage.

Bruv, look at the fight.

Santos is face down on the canvas, holding his head, surrounded by the ref, ring docs and (I believe) his coach.

He was obviously very seriously hurt. No way MVP couldn't tell - fuck, he was the one that landed that knee flush.

Fuck MVP. His comeuppance can't come any sooner, and I hope it's Rory that does it.

Heel

Before man had sticks and hoops, a caveman danced on the corpse of the other caveman and everyone gathered around to watch. Poor sportsmanship is in our DNA, man. We get it and we like it.

p8CJkOx.gif

eXtv

Banned

Boo hoo. This isn't the Olympics. This is cage fighting and MVP completely stole the show, good on him.

Fox318

In a sport where one man can legally win by caving another man's face in, I'm not too worried about sportsmanship TBH.
Sportsmanship is what brought in sponsors and what helped make the sport more main stream.

People seeing the respect most fighters have for each other after a fight is what helped shed the to the death no holds bar image.

Shkt like below is what can kill a sport.

https://youtu.be/V7KwpWUQ-hA

There is a fine line between guys drawing eyes and guys really being assholes.

Sportsmanship is what brought in sponsors and what helped make the sport more main stream.

People seeing the respect most fighters have for each other after a fight is what helped shed the to the death no holds bar image.

What MVP did was nothing like that though. It was obviously pre-planned and meant to be more playful and lighthearted than anything. It's not in the same ballpark as sucker punching someone after a fight.

Heel

Caring what people think about MMA is so 2010.

scabro

the fact that youre comparing a cheapshot after a fight to a taunt against an opponent notwithstanding

this has already literally happened in the ufc lol

Bourdain and his wife just announced their split after 9 yrs of marriage.

Not pointing fingers but wifey got obsessed with jitz and trained all day long. She'd always be seen in tourneys with her team that travelled all over the country.

With how much she was training I honestly wondered if she'd find someone in that world.

It's his weight class when he feels like it, he went through a period of missing weight for a while and it doesn't get any easier as you age.

It wouldn't shock me to see him at MW soon.

I don't think Daley wants to make that move.

Boo hoo. This isn't the Olympics. This is cage fighting and MVP completely stole the show, good on him.

"It's cage fighting, so what if they act like complete assholes?"

Fuck your attitude on this. Have you ever competed in anything?

Those aren't animals fighting in those cages. They're martial artists. Respect for the art and your opponent are paramount to the integrity of the sport and camps they're representing. Even the most scathing trash-talkers in the game know when it's time to step back and be decent human being and sportsman/sportswoman.

People get knocked out all the time, and that's fine, it's part of the sport. But when your opponent is seriously hurt and your first priority is to go through with your juvenile pre-planned celebration at their expense, you're a shit person, and you deserve to get yours.

In the case of MVP, I hope it's Rory that does it, and I hope Rory beats the absolute piss out of him. It'll be well deserved.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Inside MMA canceled. Can't say I'm surprised. They've been jerkimg around their timeslot for a year.

Time for Bas to replace Rogan.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Bourdain and his wife just announced their split after 9 yrs of marriage.

Not pointing fingers but wifey got obsessed with jitz and trained all day long. She'd always be seen in tourneys with her team that travelled all over the country.

Well, Tony kinda followed suit. He's been training a lot as well. Wonder if it was a try on his part to reconcile things and get involved in her hobby.
Or if they just drifted apart on account of them both always traveling.

Inside MMA canceled. Can't say I'm surprised. They've been jerkimg around their timeslot for a year.

Time for Bas to replace Rogan.
For the love of all that's holy no. I love Bas but he's the worst announcer. He never stops talking about himself, his past fights, or liver strikes. Sometimes he loses his train of thought and just stops talking.

eXtv

Banned
I don't think Daley wants to make that move.

"It's cage fighting, so what if they act like complete assholes?"

Fuck your attitude on this. Have you ever competed in anything?

Those aren't animals fighting in those cages. They're martial artists. Respect for the art and your opponent are paramount to the integrity of the sport and camps they're representing. Even the most scathing trash-talkers in the game know when it's time to step back and be decent human being and sportsman/sportswoman.

People get knocked out all the time, and that's fine, it's part of the sport. But when your opponent is seriously hurt and your first priority is to go through with your juvenile pre-planned celebration at their expense, you're a shit person, and you deserve to get yours.

In the case of MVP, I hope it's Rory that does it, and I hope Rory beats the absolute piss out of him. It'll be well deserved.

Explain how it was at Cyborg's expense. The Pokeball didn't even hit him!

He also tweeted out Cyborg's gofundme after the fight. Feel better yet?

Top Bottom