• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

iddqd

Sportsmanship is what brought in sponsors and what helped make the sport more main stream.

People seeing the respect most fighters have for each other after a fight is what helped shed the to the death no holds bar image.

Shkt like below is what can kill a sport.

https://youtu.be/V7KwpWUQ-hA

There is a fine line between guys drawing eyes and guys really being assholes.

Looked up the fighter, James Butler:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Butler_(boxer)

Killed a guy with a hammer, still in jail.

Explain how it was at Cyborg's expense. The Pokeball didn't even hit him!

He also tweeted out Cyborg's gofundme after the fight. Feel better yet?

Do I really need to explain the joke to you?

I don't care what MVP tweeted, I care about his conduct in the octagon, which I found disgraceful.

If you're gonna keep condescensing like a cunt you can fuck right off with your "just bleed" mentality.

eXtv

Banned
Do I really need to explain the joke to you?

I don't care what MVP tweeted, I care about his conduct in the octagon, which I found disgraceful.

If you're gonna keep condescensing like a cunt you can fuck right off with your "just bleed" mentality.

I hope you hold this same sort of melodramatic vitriol for Dan Henderson, since he's jumped on two unconscious opponents and smashed them in his career, and mocked both of them after the fact.

For the love of all that's holy no. I love Bas but he's the worst announcer. He never stops talking about himself, his past fights, or liver strikes. Sometimes he loses his train of thought and just stops talking.
Bas and Mauro were my favorite Pride team ever since the Crocop prank and cuz I never really liked the Fight Professor, but I can't listen to their podcast.

Sportsmanship is what brought in sponsors and what helped make the sport more main stream.

People seeing the respect most fighters have for each other after a fight is what helped shed the to the death no holds bar image.

Shkt like below is what can kill a sport.

https://youtu.be/V7KwpWUQ-hA

There is a fine line between guys drawing eyes and guys really being assholes.
Sure but everyone wanted to see Daley do this to Kos.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
For the love of all that's holy no. I love Bas but he's the worst announcer. He never stops talking about himself, his past fights, or liver strikes. Sometimes he loses his train of thought and just stops talking.

Bas is a great color man because he speaks with enough knowledge and sounds like he actually wants to be watching the fights. That's pretty much all I ask out of a color commentator and almost none of them can do both.

Heel

The Mauro and Bas routine wore out roughly 5 to 10 years ago. It's funny to see WWE fans slowly tire of Mauro in the same fashion.

They can join Schiavello in the bushes.

QPMMoem.png

Chesskid1

Banned
Al Iaquinta willing to walk away from MMA if dispute with UFC remains unsettled

After spending 17 months shelved by injuries, he couldn't afford to risk another health scare on the terms of his present contract, which was signed prior to the UFC-Reebok deal, and in the case of a loss, would effectively have him "fighting at Madison Square Garden for free."

"If I win the fight and they take taxes out and I pay my trainers, I make okay money. Okay. For fighting in a cage, I don't know about it. God forbid, I don't win the fight, (after) taxes, trainers, all the expenses, everything that goes into a training camp, I'm basically fighting at Madison Square Garden for free."

What followed was a process that Iaquinta likened to a nightmare. After a meeting with Dr. Riley Williams at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York, Iaquinta requested to have a procedure called an osteochondral allograft to repair his injured knee. Iaquinta said UFC doctors instead insisted on stem cell injections to repair the damage, although after a near half-year process, Iaqunita's injury remained unchanged and he again pushed to have surgery with Dr. Williams.

Iaquinta said the UFC initially offered to cover $15,000 of the procedure, which costs upwards of $60,000, not including the price of extensive post-surgery physical therapy. The UFC ultimately paid the full cost of the procedure, however there was an extended period when Iaquinta believed his mixed martial arts career may actually be over.

But I feel like, to not even have a negotiation, and the things I heard (UFC matchmaker) Joe Silva say to my manager about me when he asked just to negotiate, ‘eff him, eff this' -- who is he to put a price tag on what my life is worth, on what my knee is worth? I've had two knee surgeries already. I may have to have to have another one after nine more fights.

read the full article for a ton more, i cut out a ton for an easy read:
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/9/1...alk-away-from-mma-if-dispute-with-ufc-remains

another fighter RTed the article and said joe silva acted the same way towards him. had no idea he was douchey.

eXtv

Banned

eXtv

Banned
Bas is a great color man because he speaks with enough knowledge and sounds like he actually wants to be watching the fights. That's pretty much all I ask out of a color commentator and almost none of them can do both.

Real Gs know the best colour guy in the biz.

20131106061339_PatMiletich_4470.JPG

As much as I want to see that fight, I have to wonder why they aren't giving her a warmup fight first. Nunes might just kill her. I'm assuming this means that we'll get that Pena vs. Shevchenko fight now? That top five is crazy.
Pena vs Nunes would have been better. Feed Rousey a can to build back her confidence, like Tate.

FStop7

Banned
I feel bad that I can't handle listening to Bas for more than a few minutes. He's a legend. But I hate the never ending sales pitch.

Maybe it's because I'm an Aussie and heard too much of him at the start of his career, but I can't stand Schiavello.

Possibly. I don't watch much of the smaller organizations across the sports he's called over the years so there's been no chance for me to get tired of him

nilbog21

Banned
Im watching the season of TUF with the lightweights (nate diaz) and completely lost my shit at that dude trying to cut weight and failing miserably, holy shit beahwhaha

Heel

6Pj4WI3.jpg

If you're UFC marketing, why are you burying your champion to push Nate Marquardt on Fight Pass in 2016? Marketing team is clueless.

Heel

We're gonna try to make money off you by having you headline our pay-per-views, but first...remember 5 years ago when Nate Marquardt embarrassed the shit out of him? Sign up for Fight Pass, ya'll.

Im torn between Khabib and Alvarez....

on one hand Khabib has been on a bitch fest about getting a title shot even though he has been either fasting or injured for 3 years with a win against a complete nobody in-between.

Yet Alvarez basically got to the title by doing what Khabib does but just less exciting, straight up grinding his opponents to death.

eh...whatever

btw met Bones Jones at the olympia expo...dude definitely isnt on whatever he was on anymore.

brentech

Fightpass is a pretty mediocre service tbh so the marketing at least lives up to the expectations of the product.

Unless you expect PPV to be a part of the the catalog, FightPass totally serves its purpose.
Except the volume control on PC, fuck that thing and whoever decided to make it the way it is.

So Eddie might not sign to fight Khabib cause ya know....way less money than fighting McGregor but man...these non needle movers gotta meet in the middle.

Props for fighters cornering ufc and asking for more money but you gotta show your worth. Dudes like Eddie and Tyron dont move needles at all and wanna demand before even one title defense...they know how easily they can get starched and lose that belt and never see a title shot again.

Fox318

I don't mind Dana booking the fights that people would want for entertainment or style purposes but when fighters start calling their own shots like that it's the worst.

The one thing that MMA has over boxing right now is that if their is a matchup people want to see it doesn't take 9 years to book it or guys like Canelo ducking GGG because he wants to pad his record.

If the fighters don't like the way star matchup or being forced to defend against somebody like wonderboy they can go to Bellator or work in Japan.

Top Bottom