• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Yaaaaasss!!!

And as for Cyborg -just make a 145 div, you're going to make it eventually anyway, UFC. So she crushes cans inside a minute for a few years until the talent pool develops. That's what Rousey was built on and it grew the sport immensely, and the depth eventually came.

UFC's 135 division started from Bellator's then filled it out with Invicta's. Bellator also had a 145 women's division built on Carano... Then she retired and Cyborg backed out of her contract with the UFC as best she could. And Invicta's 145 division is the only one the UFC could pull from and Cyborg has already dominated it.

It's just not a great weight class to try to make because it's already slim pickings. 135 works because women can choose to gain to it or drop to it. Everyone else fights at 115.

Is it wrong that I hope the because of the JJ and KK fight the demand for UFC 205 tickets are cheaper?

Why? It's certainly not going to be the main event and it's a fantastic fight.

I know for your personal finances you wish for it to be cheaper and I understand, but, they'll still fill the card up to make it worth your money. Although, some of the announced fights give me some pause.

Fox318

Why? It's certainly not going to be the main event and it's a fantastic fight.

I know for your personal finances you wish for it to be cheaper and I understand, but, they'll still fill the card up to make it worth your money. Although, some of the announced fights give me some pause.

Oh I thought it was the main event.

I was actually hoping that card would be in Poland.

VoxPop

Oh I thought it was the main event.

I was actually hoping that card would be in Poland.

Wonderboy vs Woodley should be the main event if they don't get this Conor Alvarez fight signed. It's a stellar card but extremely underwhelming for their MSG debut imo.

broz0rs

mRuEmY6.png

I hope this is the last time she makes this cut.

You're a fucking moron if you think she can make 135.

It's pretty crazy that the UFC hires the best nutritionist for her and she has to stare at death's door to get to that weight. I think Cyborg showing these horrific images and videos of her cut and making them public, is like a silent request to let her fight in her appropriate weight class.

brentech

It's pretty crazy that the UFC hires the best nutritionist for her and she has to stare at death's door to get to that weight. I think Cyborg showing these horrific images and videos of her cut and making them public, is like a silent request to let her fight in her appropriate weight class.
honest question, what do you think her appropriate class is?
Thought I read she walks around at 170+.

Well she fought at 145 without issue.

Honestly the one fight I want to see is Cris vs Gabi in Japan. I think Cris would win by ko but would like to see her at a size disadvantage for once.

brentech

Well she fought at 145 without issue.

Honestly the one fight I want to see is Cris vs Gabi in Japan. I think Cris would win by ko but would like to see her at a size disadvantage for once.
These last two fights, I'm really not thinking the last 5 pounds is the issue. She looked bad when she had ~10lbs to go

UFC 205 press conference is next Tuesday in MSG. Would be great if they announce the line up with JJ vs KK, Woodley vs Wonderboy, and then ...BOOM, Conor and Aldo storm in and they're announced as the main event.

Yaari

UFC 205 press conference is next Tuesday in MSG. Would be great if they announce the line up with JJ vs KK, Woodley vs Wonderboy, and then ...BOOM, Conor and Aldo storm in and they're announced as the main event.

I'm really hoping that happens. Aldo vs Conor 2 is the fight I want to see them both in.
Yeah he knocked Aldo out in 13 seconds but we don't know how that fight would go if he had not landed that punch.

I really want to see the rematch.

I'm really hoping that happens. Aldo vs Conor 2 is the fight I want to see them both in.
Yeah he knocked Aldo out in 13 seconds but we don't know how that fight would go if he had not landed that punch.

I really want to see the rematch.
We do know how that fight would go. I'd go like Conor's other matches at 145. He'll use his size, reach and power advantage to KO Aldo again, just maybe not in 13 seconds next time.

Yaari

We do know how that fight would go. I'd go like Conor's other matches at 145. He'll use his size, reach and power advantage to KO Aldo again, just maybe not in 13 seconds next time.

But that was Aldo's first KO loss ever, he got caught at the right moment. That's not to say it can't happen again, but a one punch KO? It's unlikely tbh.

Then on the other hand Aldo brings these devastating leg kicks that Conor is going to have to deal with, and since he offers zero takedown threat, Aldo can go wild with them.

I think its a very very intriguing rematch, and I really hope it happens. Aldo got wrecked in that fight but he's been on a 10 year reign for a reason.

Heel

RIZIN streaming free tonight at 11:00 PM Pacific.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/rizin-free-livestream-sunday-200-a-m-et/

Bout # 1 – Open weight: Gabi Garcia (245 lbs.) vs. Destanie Yarbrough (226 lbs.)
Bout # 2 – Strawweight (115 lbs.): Kanako Murata (115 lbs.) vs. Kyra Batara (114 lbs.)
Bout # 3 – Featherweight (145 lbs.): Charles Bennett (146 lbs.) vs. Minoru Kimura (146 lbs.)
Bout # 4 –Tournament Bout: Teodorasu Aukstuolis (227 lbs.) vs. Szymon Bajor (246 lbs.)
Bout # 5 –Tournament Bout: Amir Aliakbari (252 lbs.) vs. Joao Almeida (233 lbs.)
Bout # 6 –Tournament Bout: Karl Albrektsson (231 lbs.) vs. Valentin Moldavsky (217 lbs.)
Bout # 7 –Tournament Bout: Jiri Prochazka (215 lbs.) vs. Mark Tanios (238 lbs.)
Bout # 8 – Bantamweight: Erson Yamamoto (136 lbs.) vs. Kizaemon Saiga (136 lbs.)
Bout # 9 – Lightweight: Daron Cruickshank (154 lbs.) vs. Andy Souwer (156 lbs.)
Bout # 10 –Tournament Bout: Kaito Hoovelson (401 lbs.) vs. Kazuyuki Fujita (248 lbs.)
Bout # 11 – Tournament Bout: Mirko Filipovic (230 lbs.) vs. Hyun Man Myung (253 lbs.)
Bout # 12 – Catchweight: Rena Kubota (107 lbs.) vs. Miyuu Yamamoto (107 lbs.)
Bout # 13 – Featherweight: Kron Gracie (145 lbs.) vs. Hideo Tokoro (145 lbs.)

XNa3Yy8.gif

Heel

Dr.Acula

Banned
I've been waiting years to see Big Country win again. Now retire on top.

edit: apparently he beat someone named Jared Rosholt earlier this year ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Top Bottom