• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

iddqd

I mean, he did get totally screwed over in his Arlovski fight because of the ref, so I can't blame him too much.

I don't blame him for having the old school "let us bang until one falls over" stance but I do think its lame to then turn around and complain that he had to punch his friend too much.

I don't blame him for having the old school "let us bang until one falls over" stance but I do think its lame to then turn around and complain that he had to punch his friend too much.

I think his point is internally consistent. Stay out of the fight until the fight is over, but when it is in fact over be quick to recognize it and stop senseless punishment.

I honestly don't think his point is lame. Though I'm more than OK with judges standing up fights when a dude is just laying there with no intention of inflicting damage or going for a sub.

As for Cyborg I think the UFC needs to scrap the experiment. Having her fight at 140 was just to give her time while she eventually made the journey to 135. It is now abundantly clear she has no intention of shedding muscle mass and go down to that weight. There's no point in a 145 division at the moment, there's barely enough talent as it is at 135, so Cyborg should be cut. Watching her demolish a few more cans is about as interesting as watching CM Punk get beat up again.

Maybe they could go all in and make anything over 135 an open weight division and build it over time, but I'm not really sold on that idea.

There's no point in a 145 division at the moment, there's barely enough talent as it is at 135, so Cyborg should be cut. Watching her demolish a few more cans is about as interesting as watching CM Punk get beat up again.
The only way to get me interested in watching either of them is seeing them fight each other. Still an uphill battle for Punk, but it would be the carniest of all carny possibilities.

FUME5

CtUXRZwXYAA48XU.jpg

Aldo vs Holloway also rumored for 205. I guess it will all be official tomorrow for the press conference. Anyone know if it will be televised?

I'd greatly prefer Conor Aldo 2 but this is still a great way to top off MSG. Still ticks me off that Conor might be the first guy to have two belts at once before Demetrious and Jones though.

I'd greatly prefer Conor Aldo 2 but this is still a great way to top off MSG. Still ticks me off that Conor might be the first guy to have two belts at once before Demetrious and Jones though.

To be fair, Conor is trying to get multiple belts. Jon and Demetrious have been wishy washy on changing classes. Demetrious has warmed to the idea as of late.

Chesskid1

Banned
i wonder if conor still needs to create a beef to help sale fights still. of course it doesn't hurt. eddie seems calm about everything from what i've seen in UFC.

To be fair, Conor is trying to get multiple belts. Jon and Demetrious have been wishy washy on changing classes. Demetrious has warmed to the idea as of late.

That's because Jones and Demetrious are cleaning out their divisions first then going for another belt. Demetrious already has so hopefully we'll see him vs Cruz next year.

weedman vs romero is legit not gonna happen? hope that ish is worked out. Weedman deserves a hefty pay day for that one, NY got done with his help.

FaceTurn

That's because Jones and Demetrious are cleaning out their divisions first then going for another belt. Demetrious already has so hopefully we'll see him vs Cruz next year.

From what I remember, Jones was asked all the time to move up but he just kept on saying he could make the cut to LHW easily so he's going to stay there.

Top Bottom