• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Yup. Cyborg remains the same. Can only finish super undersized cans who mount zero offense.

Also really happy Yamasaki warned her THREE times for grabbing the fence. I mean... one warning SHOULD be enough, but I guess these refs want to give infinite warnings.

There's really not much chance for anyone against Cyborg when she's so much stronger. This isn't a dominance of skill or technique. Just pure brute force. It's not entertaining in the least.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
There's really not much chance for anyone against Cyborg when she's so much stronger. This isn't a dominance of skill or technique. Just pure brute force. It's not entertaining in the least.
Yeah, she got absolutely wrecked by a girl her size in muay thai where you actually have to use technique.

Levito

Banned
Jesus too many UFC cards these days I barely have the time to keep up.

Yeah, she got absolutely wrecked by a girl her size in muay thai where you actually have to use technique.

What?

She fought Jorina Baars, arguably the best womens Muay Thai fighter. That was only Cyborg's 3rd Muay Thai fight too, she even won a couple rounds. Also, Jorina has lost 3 out of her 4 MMA fights so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It had the Brazillian flag on it. Not sure if he put on Bigfoot's shirt or if that's what he came out in.

Pretty sure Roy's Coach had a Brazillian flag on his clothes too, massive fuckup.

Chesskid1

Banned
Jesus too many UFC cards these days I barely have the time to keep up.

there's a ufc every weekend for the next 3 weeks :D

WCiiSO5.png

o god not bj penn

Guru-Guru

Banned
Why do they make Cyborg fight at 140, anyway? Couldn't they just give her fights at 145, even if there is no 145 division? She looked like she was going to die cutting to 140, and I am sure there are women at 135 who would be willing to fight her at 145.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Cyborg is such a steroidal freak. Who are these Cyborg fights supposed to appeal to exactly? They're even more embarrassing than Bellator squash matches.

She fought Jorina Baars, arguably the best womens Muay Thai fighter. That was only Cyborg's 3rd Muay Thai fight too, she even won a couple rounds. Also, Jorina has lost 3 out of her 4 MMA fights so ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Cyborg got dominated in that fight. And that happened because she couldn't brute force as effectively with gloves and a kickboxing ruleset.

Heel

To update everyone on the angle: After the fight, Candylei and Krazy Horse had another scuffle backstage.

Candy (you know I knocked you out at Shockwave two-thousand-fie) later emerged ringside with a scuffed up orbital, ducking Krazy Horse to sign a fight with a now "reenergized" Cro Cop on NYE.

Did you actually watch the fight between Cyborg and Jorina Baars? She did not get dominated in that fight it was actually a close fight.

Oh just in case you haven't seen it its right here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5QDryuUQKo

I did watch it. When it originally happened. Baars was more accurate and more effective the whole fight. Cyborgs largest successes were in barreling in and trying to bully and throw down Baars. While that works fine in MMA, in kickboxing, it's far less effective, especially when your opponent is treating your face like a punching bag.

You can even see the frustration mounting in Cyborg as the fight goes on because she's getting outstruck and finding little success with her typical bullying tactics.

I just watched the Yamamoto v Saiga match from Rizin. I think it encapsulated the fuckery overload perfectly when they gave Yamamoto a break cause he took a shot to the balls, but Saiga had to keep on truckin with a dislocated shoulder. What the FUCK

I love the weedman and he destroyed every fraud Brazillian hero in MW but Romero is a freak of nature and deserves a shot... might be his last legitimate shot. Dude isn't getting younger.

geardo

So many insightful posters to respond to today!

Yup. Cyborg remains the same. Can only finish super undersized cans who mount zero offense.

Cyborg is just uninteresting. Don't really give a shit about her demolishing undersized cans.

The fuck you, she's too good responses.

Cyborg is such a steroidal freak. Who are these Cyborg fights supposed to appeal to exactly? They're even more embarrassing than Bellator squash matches.

My guess would be men who like seeing women get beat up.

The wife beaters are Cyborg's fan base responses.

Lansberg is a qt pie.

The weird shit.

Why do they make Cyborg fight at 140, anyway? Couldn't they just give her fights at 145, even if there is no 145 division? She looked like she was going to die cutting to 140, and I am sure there are women at 135 who would be willing to fight her at 145.

I agree.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/9/2...-for-the-ufc-to-add-two-new-women-s-divisions

Top Bottom