• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
i have a crush on rockhold so i hope he whoops machidas ass
tumblr_nerqn0OBfR1sqg5w2o1_1280.jpg

Rur0ni

I'm amused that Rockhold is the betting favorite for this weekend's fight. He's primarily a BJJ grappler with OK kickboxing and the only high level striker he's fought has been Vitor. We saw how that turned out.

Bet the house on RYU THE DRAGON.
Part of me thinks Rockhold has what it takes, but I could be blinded by his looks and confidence. Then I see who he's fought and this sort of represents a large step up in competition, frankly. Machida is really sharp at 185. We'll see.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Vince played like a fiddle. Good job Brock.

Former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar closed the book for good on his mixed martial arts career last month, announcing that an eleventh-hour offer from WWE owner Vince McMahon was enough to convince him to re-sign with the industry leader.

The news shot down any hopes the UFC had at reclaiming the pay-per-view giant, and though Lesnar appeared conflicted in the lead-up to his decision, UFC President Dana White says the UFC was never actually that close to landing Lesnar.

"Not very close at all," White told radio host Chad Dukes on 106.7 The Fan on Thursday. "We'd known that Brock was probably going to take a pass and go back to wrestling, which was the right move. You know, Brock came in here, he did incredible things and he got a great deal from Vince (McMahon). He's 38 years old, man. It makes all the sense in the world."

VoxPop

^ A lot of decently successful arena runs.

Should invest real money or farm enough to get the Naxx expansion though. A lot of crucial cards in there.

dream

^ A lot of decently successful arena runs.

Should invest real money or farm enough to get the Naxx expansion though. A lot of crucial cards in there.

What's a good way to farm gold? I just saw the price of that expansion and damn near threw my iPad against the wall.

VoxPop

What's a good way to farm gold? I just saw the price of that expansion and damn near threw my iPad against the wall.

Well, a card pack is 100 gold

You get 10 gold every 3 wins in Play Mode.

There are daily quests that range from 40-100 gold. If you have a 40 gold quest you can try getting rid of it (clicking the red x in the corner) for a better one. You can do that once a day.

Arena entry is 150 gold. You get a guaranteed goblins vs gnomes pack so you're basically aiming to get that 50 gold back which is 3-4 wins. Getting more wins can get you extra packs or more gold/dust but its pretty tough especially for beginners.

You can farm the gold for the expansions but its about 700 gold per wing (5-6 wings) which is an insane amount of gold to farm.

If you're new, you should definitely be opening classic packs to gnomes packs on a 3:1 ratio.

When you figure you like the game enough to keep playing, I recommend just spending real money on the Naxx expansion pack. It contains a lot of essential cards to play with.

Don't bother with the Blackrock Expansion (the newest one) yet. Focus on building your card library first.

I got lucky when I started because I had a ton of Amazon coins that I had farmed up through a promo. I was able to use them to buy packs on an Android device. Its gonna be tough to catch up with real money being the only real way to do so.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Thanks, Vox.

Can we agree that $28.99 for an expansion pack to a f2p game is exorbitant?
You shouldn't be surprised to be screwed by f2p. All forms of gaming have their own bullshit to deal with, you're just trading bullshit when you're switching platforms.

Razdek

Banned
I'm amused that Rockhold is the betting favorite for this weekend's fight. He's primarily a BJJ grappler with OK kickboxing and the only high level striker he's fought has been Vitor. We saw how that turned out.

Bet the house on RYU THE DRAGON.

Please no. Having more Machida fans coming out of the closet only makes things worse. Keep him as gate keeper forever.

dream

This game is fucking horseshit.

Just to be clear, Vox, if I buy the expansion, will I still have to buy "packs" to be competitive? Or will the cards from there carry me?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Please no. Having more Machida fans coming out of the closet only makes things worse. Keep him as gate keeper forever.

Machida is surely over the hill now. Weidman made him look ordinary, and beating some dude called CB "Throw Your" Dollarsaway doesn't impress anyone.

Rockhold's come a long way from being "lol strikefarce champ" in my eyes. Even with jobbing to Belfort included in that equation.

Belford fought Bisping and Rockhold after he lost to Jones? Was he on the TRT when he fought Jones?

And I like Machida but he's such a counter striker. His movement and spacing is great. But if Rockhold comes with some solid pressure and accurate striking, he could win. Or we'll have another flash knock out by Machida or run away decision.

VoxPop

This game is fucking horseshit.

Just to be clear, Vox, if I buy the expansion, will I still have to buy "packs" to be competitive? Or will the cards from there carry me?

The expansion will give you a couple of cards that are absolutely necessary in most decks (Sludge Belcher, Haunted Creeper, Mad Scientist, Zombie Chow, Duplicate) and a couple of fun to play with cards (Kel'Thuzad, Shade).

You will honestly almost always be buying packs until you have every card you need which is how they keep you playing.

If you go to hearthpwn.com they have different kinds of decks you can look at which you can sort by rating. They tell you what cards are in that deck and how to play them so you can aim for those first to make a deck you like.

Edit: you should also play with all the classes up to lvl 15-20 in practice mode to unlock some of their basic class cards

VoxPop

As much as I love Machida, I'd rather Rockhold look destructive and go into a match with Weidman at the Garden at his peak.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I knew you would recommend that one.

It's quite good, even if I didn't know what I was doing in a lot of areas.

Heel

Rockhold is the next champ.

Based on Cain's endorsement, I believe you're right.

“It’s as if he’s completely made of fast-twitch muscle fibers,” Velasquez explained. “You throw at him, and suddenly he’s not there. You can get frustrated against him, and start reaching. But lunge all the way forward at him and then you can’t defend whatever he counters with against you. Some people will try to catch him and end up getting caught instead.”

Velasquez completes the Rockhold scouting report with this: “And while he’s the hardest guy to hit in this gym, he’s also one of the hardest hitting guys.”

Heel

Yeah, I don't see him dancing around Weidman for 5. I'm riding with The Chris until the knees fall off. I just like the idea of Luke "100% Fast-Twitch" Rockhold.

Rockhold looks good no doubt, still, who has he fought? :p

Jacare, if you want to believe the lie.

Weidman outmuscles him. Takes him to the ground. Dude is vulnerable there .

I like Weidman's chances in the fight; however, Rockhold is solid on the ground. Probably his lone advantage on Weidman in the matchup.

I feel like Chris has better striking and take downs so he could easily out point him or deliver that KO/TKO.

Personally, I like Rockhold or Jacare chances against Chris more than Belfort. Now if we're talking TRT Belfort than that's another story. Those Bisping and Rockhold knock outs were crazy.

Heel

It's amazing how wrong Joe has been this year. I don't remember consistently disagreeing with everything he says all these years.

Top Bottom