• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Rockhold didn't win. Father Time did.

Time to ride off into the sunset for Lyoto IMO. At 37, he has nothing left to prove.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
At this point I would like to unconditionally apologise to Rockhold for laughing him off when he was in Strikeforce. Anyone who kills the Machida Era once and for all deserves all the respect he can get.

iddqd

Great stuff, it takes an elite guy to use a small misstep and turn it into a beat down.

Hope he gets the title shot next.

charsace

Lyoto just looked old to me. I don't think he has much left in him. He got badly rocked in that first round and couldn't recover.

industrian

We need some Lyoto gifs

4MUNVkE.gif

Yea end of an era, remember when he beat Evans for the belt?

Than he lost to Rua
Lost to Jones
Lost to Jackson
Lost to Davis
Lost to Weidman
Lost to Rockhold

Still, what a legend :)

MSG!!

East Coast vs West Coast!!

And I felt Luke had a good shot going into the fight if he either pressured Machida on the feet or took it to the ground and used his superior BJJ.

Weidman is larger than Rockhold. He's a big middle weight. A great matchup.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Something was wrong with Lyoto. He was rocking a Chuck gut and was super slow.

Wouldn't be surprised if age wasn't the only factor here. Some sort of injury may have been in play.

Machida looked just fine. Tagging Rockhold but Rockhold didn't get phased at all and began the destruction .

Quote the wrong person?

Why would you kill off two potential contenders for the MW title?

Book Jacare versus Romero again.

Because it's harder to promote a fight between two guys who have the collective personality of a half a rock when put together. Souza vs. Rockhold is intriguing from a ground game point of view and no matter who wins it bolsters their rep for the Weidman fight.

Razdek

Banned

Wouldn't be surprised if age wasn't the only factor here. Some sort of injury may have been in play.

Wait, so now it's an injury not the illegal elbows that Machida fans are starting to use as an excuse? Which one is it?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

For sure. I thought he hurt his hand in the first blocking. Pretty sure he slowed down in the second when he couldn't land dick all and got completely fucking schooled.

industrian

Weidman/Belfort vs. Rockhold is the only match to make now.

I'm willing to put money on Weidman pulling out of his title fight with an injury though. So Belfort/Rockhold 2 for the interim.

Weidman salty he couldn't finish Machida and Rockhold did.

Weidman thinks his Wrestling and BJJ is better than Rockhold's. I disagree. His wrestling and striking is better. But don't end up like Bisping, Machida, et all if you take him down.

charsace

Weidman salty he couldn't finish Machida and Rockhold did.

Weidman thinks his Wrestling and BJJ is better than Rockhold's. I disagree. His wrestling and striking is better. But don't end up like Bisping, Machida, et all if you take him down.

Weidman is the best grappler in the division. I know people will say Jacare, but grappling becomes a different thing when punches are being thrown.

Top Bottom