• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Don't tweet and yayo

4tyHgVm.png

Fox318

I really don't get what GSP thinks is going to happen.

Does he really believe that he will get to wear his under armour gear when fucking Brock was forced to wear the Reebok tights?

Fox318

He should get the UA logo tattooed across his back.
They actually have language written into their deals about tattoos like that.

I mean is WME really lowballimg GSP that muchm

Shit if he is making enough from UA and Hayabusa then he shouldn't step into the cage at his age.

I can't believe we are in an age when the UFC is having trouble signing GSP, the fucking GOAT.

I was watching some Pride today and couldn't get over how fucking massive that promotion was. I know the Yakuza link sank them, but if an organization that huge can go down the crapper I'm starting to wonder about the UFC. This is some seriously dumb fuck decisions the new owners are making.

I was watching some Pride today and couldn't get over how fucking massive that promotion was. I know the Yakuza link sank them, but if an organization that huge can go down the crapper I'm starting to wonder about the UFC. This is some seriously dumb fuck decisions the new owners are making.

They really are going to have to reduce the number of events they do if they keep stacking some cards and leaving others almost barren

They need to create "TV Champions." B-level guys who get asked to fight for the TV belt based on popularity.

Old wrestling federations had TV belts and they'd fight and put up their belts on their weekly television shows.

This way, guys like Diego Sanchez, Gilbert, Roy Nelson, etc could be champions.

Still too much, they should create a spin-off brand for the events with younger, less popular fighters........World Extreme Cagefighting!
You're probably joking but I've been saying for years they should have a WEC like org with up and comers and older guys that should prob be cut but still might have a comeback in them. Also use the WEC size cage.

Once the fighter starts doing good he can be promoted up to the main UFC line ups.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
They should, but they (well Zuffa at least) want UFC to be synonymous with MMA. "That bro is training UFC." When some podunk town gets a UFC show, it's more likely to attract more people than a WEC/Strikeforce branded show. Whether having all these garbage shows hurts their traditional shows is the main factor in determining if they should keep going with the small shows. Zuffa obviously didn't think that. The new ownership group seems to be going the way of a way smaller roster and less shows. I doubt they'll start up some junior league, as they seem to be drastically cutting costs. Less shows and a smaller roster is completely fine to me. It also gives Bellator a better chance to compete.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I just want to throw this out there.

UFC Fight Night 102: Lewis vs. Abdurakhimov

That's my contribution to the subject of whether UFC has too many cards.

Levito

Banned
Maybe I'm old fashioned but I miss that "oh shit a ufc is on tonight, fuck yeah" feeling. Like I mean it only really happened once a month and was probably a fucking awesome card every time cause the roster wasn't so spread over a ton of shows.

broz0rs

I wish GSP can take the UFC court with his high profile lawyer to attempt to get a precedent for fighter contracts. I get the feeling UFC might bite and give GSP a big deal so they won't have to go to court. Only a fighter who's made a ton of money can try to attempt this because of the significant legal costs.

Heel

Shane Carwin is the wildcard entry for RIZIN's heavyweight tournament. They're taking fan voting for one week to create the second round match-ups using the Twitter hashtag #RIZIN2016. Cro Cop vs. Wanderlei is already decided.

Shane Carwin vs. Baruto #RIZIN2016

You're probably joking but I've been saying for years they should have a WEC like org with up and comers and older guys that should prob be cut but still might have a comeback in them. Also use the WEC size cage.

Once the fighter starts doing good he can be promoted up to the main UFC line ups.

My thoughts exactly

Bisping vs Diaz? is Diaz even in the top 10 at MW? =/ Joe Silva needs to come back

Banglish

I can't believe we are in an age when the UFC is having trouble signing GSP, the fucking GOAT.

I realize the UFC is downsizing in all it's international markets, but how dense are they to not have GSP return in Toronto. That would sell out in a couple minutes - if that.

DKehoe

I really don't get what GSP thinks is going to happen.

Does he really believe that he will get to wear his under armour gear when fucking Brock was forced to wear the Reebok tights?

He wants UFC to make up the difference in the money he is losing from not being able to have sponsors. It's pretty reasonable really.

Sadly, GSP is pricing himself out of the market. It has to be without sponsor money if he ever wants to compete again. I hope this is all a lie and they already have a fight booked for him and all this gossip is PR for Georgie.

Oh and Nick has a real shot at winning the middleweight belt. Great times ahead of us...great times...

Shane Carwin is the wildcard entry for RIZIN's heavyweight tournament. They're taking fan voting for one week to create the second round match-ups using the Twitter hashtag #RIZIN2016. Cro Cop vs. Wanderlei is already decided.

RIZIN is the promotion we deserve. Im down for whatever they do after that last bout of buffoonery we saw from them, it was glorious. RIP Carwins opponent.

Is this the same tournament in which Wandy inexplicably got a bye for the first round? No matter what the sport, if you have a tournament and give a team or a person a bye for the first round, you don't even care about trying to make it look legit.

Lol
Reminds of a gym in my area called ultimate fitness club or something, they had a big sign saying UFC in similar font...... They were told to change their name or else

Top Bottom