• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Man... RDA was killing Fergs legs in the first. No idea why he abandoned that strategy for the most part and went with exchanging jabs with a dude that has about 7 inches on him

Man... RDA was killing Fergs legs in the first. No idea why he abandoned that strategy for the most part and went with exchanging jabs with a dude that has about 7 inches on him
Ferguson kept switching stances and even went for a rolling leg attack. RDA had a hard time getting a rhythm all night.

Oscar

Sanchez and T-Ferg parlay, risked $20 to win $109.

U0c18v4.jpg

There's money to be made at UFC 205 as well.

Woodley, Gastelum, and Alvarez being heavy dogs is a joke. Those lines should be even or way closer, but I'm not complaining lol.

broz0rs

Jones suspended until July 6, tainted medication, not a cheater

According to the panel, Jones would have likely received a six month sentence instead of a year if the banned substance he took were found in a supplement instead of a sexual enhancer lol

According to the panel, Jones would have likely received a six month sentence instead of a year if the banned substance he took were found in a supplement instead of a sexual enhancer lol

So that makes it worse? And why does a young fit athlete need help with...that...

So that makes it worse? And why does a young fit athlete need help with...that...

Maybe all the roids made his Dick stop working?

I went to watch this weekends even on Fight Pass today. "This event is blacked out in your location". Yeah, well black my balls out of your mouth fight pass, Unsubscribed. Seriously what a shitty service. Do you want people to just torrent your events? Cause that's why people torrent your events.

broz0rs

According to the panel, who were quite patronizing of Jones, believes that when athletes gets caught with banned substances from supplements, it is because it is accidental in nature where the banned substance shows up in the product (through lab testing) but isn't listed on the container.

Why they weren't lenient with Jones is that the panel felt he was reckless by accepting a recreational substance (dick pills) and assuming banned substances won't be in them. The pills themselves had banned ingredients not listed on the bottle.

Personally, I think everything is shadier than before I read the statement and Jones should just take the L and fight on July.

Levito

Banned
One of the most memorable MMA fights for me is Shogun vs Jones. I thought for sure Shogun was going to derail the then up and coming Jones hypetrain, then Jon went on to dominate him in way that was incredible to see. I thought for sure I was seeing a future megastar rising to the occasion.

Fast forward to now and I can't even get excited for anything Jon Jones related anymore.

Banglish

One of the most memorable MMA fights for me is Shogun vs Jones. I thought for sure Shogun was going to derail the then up and coming Jones hypetrain, then Jon went on to dominate him in way that was incredible to see. I thought for sure I was seeing a future megastar rising to the occasion.

Fast forward to now and I can't even get excited for anything Jon Jones related anymore.

Man I was so happy that Shogun was finally UFC champ too hahaha. That entire Machida thing and such a short lived reign. :(
Dude is the Mike Tyson of MMA. Insane talent and physical specimen.. but can't keep it together. I mean let's be honest UFC champ at what was it at ..22? Gotta be difficult to handle that. I remember one press conference where someone likened him to Kanye where it's difficult to be a fan of his lol. I'm still hoping he cleans up but, yea like you, meh.

Levito

Banned
Man I looked up Royce on Twitter a couple of weeks ago and he was retweeting trump shit even then. Sad times

It's disappointing but not exactly surprising imo. This sport is hyper testosterone fueled culture, especially in the early days. Like imagine the kind of person that would actually enter a UFC tournament in the early 90s. I can't imagine many well adjusted human beings would enter a no holds barred fighting tournament for like $50,000 as the grand prize.

Give me a title suggestion I'll throw one up.

"Yewell du fookin' nutten"

"Mystic Mac and the sounds of the underground"

(I have no idea)

What fight does tonight remind you of? I'm thinking maybe when Shogun was made to look like a little boy by JBJ. Maybe when Crocop came out to the Pride theme in his second outing at the UFC and got headkicked into a puddle of rubber.

What fight does tonight remind you of? I'm thinking maybe when Shogun was made to look like a little boy by JBJ. Maybe when Crocop came out to the Pride theme in his second outing at the UFC and got headkicked into a puddle of rubber.

Its like any fight that went to decision that was being judged by both Cecil Peoples and Adelai Bird.

Jones is a lunatic. He doesnt even know what kind of pills he takes. Hes that kind of motherfucker that takes everything at the club he was offered because he wants to party.

Heel

Teammate who gave Jon Jones 'd**k pills' also bought clomiphene

The written declaration claimed Jones and Blasich were having dinner with teammates, plural, on the night Blasich supplied Jones with the substance. In the oral evidence, only one other person was present; their coach, “Izzy” - presumably referring to Jackson Wink wrestling coach Israel “Izzy” Martinez.

In the written evidence, Blasich claimed he ordered the pills from All American Peptide, but in oral evidence claimed it was an unnamed friend who ordered them.

Blasich also said in his declaration that the tainted pill he provided to Jones was from an order on May 25th, 2016, and provided an invoice from this date. He then accepted this couldn’t be the source of the pills he provided to Jones, since the pills were delivered to New York, but Blasich had already left New York for Albuquerque by that point.

Perhaps most damning of all, is that when Blasich finally provided the correct invoice for the order of "tadalafil", it also contained an order for clomiphene - a substance banned by WADA and available only with a prescription in the United States.

The panel noted that the written declarations of Blasich and Jones appeared to have been co-ordinated by Jones’ agent Malki Kawa, and noted that the declarations differed significantly from the oral evidence, stating, “Neither declaration whose drafting appears to have been co-ordinated by Malki Kawa, referred to anything like the detail of their oral statements which were themselves not wholly consistent as to what happened, where and when, on the evening in question”

USADA general counsel Mr. Bock went as far as to suggest that “the whole story told by the protagonists lacked the clear ring of truth and had rather the indistinct sound of contrivance.”

According to the NSAC's complaint, an out-of-competition sample provided by Jones on June 16 tested positive for clomiphene

giphy.gif

Top Bottom