• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
It was edited at the time of your post.

giphy.gif

Lol, coincidence. But I do think I know who edited it since I only saw it from a facebook post, lol.

The card does look bad though. What main could they put together in the next two weeks.

VoxPop

Conor brought million+ buy PPVs and paydays to a division that was drawing a tenth of that with Aldo on top. I don't get what this guy is crying about. Ungrateful fooks.

Why is there even an interim belt for 145? If Conor is stripped and the UFC wants to make Aldo the champ then do so? Why the need for an interim though? It's not like Aldo was injured, he's the one who declined fights with both Pettis and Holloway so he can stay on the sidelines and cry about Conor.

zewone

Why is there even an interim belt for 145? If Conor is stripped and the UFC wants to make Aldo the champ then do so? Why the need for an interim though? It's not like Aldo was injured, he's the one who declined fights with both Pettis and Holloway so he can stay on the sidelines and cry about Conor.
Just to try and make the UFC 206 trainwreck look enticing for PPV buyers. Good luck.

Aldo needs an opponent and neither of them were the official #1 contender yet (Aldo was)

Division needs to move on, they relied too much on one man and are making up for it

So make it a #1 contender match, not an interim title fight.

They're basically the same thing these days

And I noticed nobody complained about Jones getting his interim belt, even though he deserved being stripped BOTH times (just like Conor deserved being stripped here)

zewone

They're basically the same thing these days

And I noticed nobody complained about Jones getting his interim belt, even though he deserved being stripped BOTH times (just like Conor deserved being stripped here)
I would say you're wrong. Everyone laughed at the idea of OSP in an interim title bout. It was well known it was a bullshit belt. Jones admitted it himself in his post fight interview.

205lbs and now the 145lbs "champions" will continue to have asterisks next to their names.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

An interim championship is just "oh fuck our events are too thin and we need a 'title fight' for this card that got screwed by injury." It doesn't have to be an injury to the person who had the belt originally, Aldo only had the interim title to try and salvage 200 in the first place.

Fox318

Tucks corner fucking screaming at him to take Brown down.

Brown stole that one. Tuck was able to control him on the ground and was close to finishing with some ground and pound.

Wallach

someone besides the ref probably needs to be able to call a pause for reason of eye poke or groin shot (like put the judges at three different points around the ring ala Pride and give them the ability to signal an eye poke or groin shot maybe) because watching fighters try and call "time out" when the ref misses it and get pounded for it is pretty dumb

edit - man volkanovski beat the shit out of kazuya

pixelation

It's almost becoming the norm for small cards delivering more than the big numbered ones. Makes me sad that they will be reducing the number of shows... i will miss this fly under the radar ones... they almost always over deliver...

Oscar

Whittaker is a solid contender for MW.

Zero grappling game besides takedown defense though.

Moose is still my fav to end up with the strap in 2017.

Fraud ass Cormier .... his only fight in the last year has been against dad bod/just got out of the surgery room Anderson Silva.

Don't put that shit on DC, it's not his fault Jones is a complete fuck up, and if iirc it was Silva that didn't want it to be a title fight cause he couldn't do 5 rounds on short notice so soon after surgery.

DC offered to fight Jones regardless of him potentially juicing, it's not his fault the HFC couldn't find a suitable replacement. The last two guys he beat were Rumble and Gus, and Rumble was knocking out everyone remotely in contention not named Glover in his conquest for another title shot. Comes down to it, the LHW division is just too shallow these days.

You do understand that after every time jones pulled out of a fight with DC for his dumb bs that Cormier went on to pull out of his fights with him (When Jones faced Ovince) and now with Rumble. So he has pulled out twice himself from fights this year .

And Mousasi agreed to fight DC for the belt at 200 but I don't know if that was UFC or Cormiers call to instead go with Silva

You do understand that after every time jones pulled out of a fight with DC for his dumb bs that Cormier went on to pull out of his fights with him (When Jones faced Ovince) and now with Rumble. So he has pulled out twice himself from fights this year .

And Mousasi agreed to fight DC for the belt at 200 but I don't know if that was UFC or Cormiers call to instead go with Silva

Jones pulled out cause he was an idiot. DC pulled out because of legitimate injuries. You're comparing apples to oranges.

Do you really think the UFC would allow Mousasi to fight DC on what they thought would be the biggest card ever if they had Silva willing to take the fight? C'mon now. DC doesn't duck anyone, he has never once declined a fight in his entire career.

Well one would have been for a title while the other was a freak show fight.

Getting injured about a week out of the fight is just dumb.

Can someone explain this Ultimate Fighter finale to me.... so how long ago pre-recorded is this cause the winner is gonna go on to face Johnson next Saturday? Fuckery at its finest.

Snowden's one of those hacks that truly believes there was any good reason a guy should be able to hold a division hostage for a calendar year, right?

Like there's a good reason you can hold a belt, have three fights (none defenses) and plan a fourth (still not a defense of that original belt)?

Can't relate to that unethical shit.

Heel

It's actually unethical and I've lost respect for Gabi for taking the fight.

Snowden's one of those hacks that truly believes there was any good reason a guy should be able to hold a division hostage for a calendar year, right?

Like there's a good reason you can hold a belt, have three fights (none defenses) and plan a fourth (still not a defense of that original belt)?

Can't relate to that unethical shit.

Ah yes, the ethical and moral compass known as human cockfighting.

Ah yes, the ethical and moral compass known as human cockfighting.

The cockfighting argument is idiotic. Fighters have a choice in whether they're fighting or not. When a fighter decides to fight a goddamn senior citizen that will not be able to compete to a reasonable standard and therefore will be incapable of adequately defending themselves in contest, that fighter is making a choice that is unethical.

It's that simple. Maybe that doesn't fit with your snarky mind frame but it does with mine.

Heel

The cockfighting argument is idiotic. Fighters have a choice in whether they're fighting or not.

When they're fighting well past their twilight to make ends meet, with no employable skills to fall back on, is that really true?

Trying to find the moral fiber of watching two people pummel each other into brain damage is what I find idiotic. This is an ugly sport with serious repercussions. No amount of bowing and saying 'osss!' is going to change that truth.

dream

Also, let's not act like Gabi Garcia isn't a freak show spectacle. The only reason she's in Neo-PRIDE is because she's a whole lotta woman, almost like a female Bob Sapp.

Top Bottom