• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

dream

Everything about this is so good: http://www.bjjee.com/bjj-news/19-year-old-mma-fighter-with-down-syndrome-defeats-nate-quarry/

From the kid walking in as the WWE United States Champion:

10384915_1398935727075079_3655826358206568466_n.jpg

To the kid showing no fear of fighting Rock Quarry in a cage fight:

Speaking to KPTV – FOX 12 before the April 18 fight, Beckmann said:
“I’m not afraid of him.
“I can take him.”

To the kid winning the standup, easily taking Rock Quarry down with a double, then tapping him with a heel hook for the UFC World Championship:

7510995_G.jpg

To the kid rocking sunglasses after the fight because he's a goddamn world champion now, and it's time to dress like Dave Bautista:

0.jpg

pixelation

Everything about this is so good: http://www.bjjee.com/bjj-news/19-year-old-mma-fighter-with-down-syndrome-defeats-nate-quarry/

From the kid walking in as the WWE United States Champion:

10384915_1398935727075079_3655826358206568466_n.jpg

To the kid showing no fear of fighting Rock Quarry in a cage fight:

To the kid winning the standup, easily taking Rock Quarry down with a double, then tapping him with a heel hook for the UFC World Championship:

7510995_G.jpg

To the kid rocking sunglasses after the fight because he's a goddamn world champion now, and it's time to dress like Dave Bautista:

0.jpg

I... i can't get behind that... i know the little guy was never really in danger (more like a soft sparring match), but it still somehow seems wrong to me... even though i know it was for a good cause (little guy living out his dream).

Heel

On Tuesday, according to sources close to the situation, a judge in the Superior Court of New Jersey's Appellate Division overturned Bellator's injuction against "Rampage," allowing him to, once again, fight Fabio Maldonado at UFC 186 in Montreal this Saturday night.

According to sources, Jackson continued to train for the fight despite the preliminary injunction and is planning on flying to Montreal Wednesday morning for Saturday's fight.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/4/21/8464375/is-quinton-jackson-back-on-ufc-186

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Man, those titties on Maldonado are going to be hanging to his waist. Shouldn't they both have continued training?

Then why the catchweight...
have you seen rampage's reality show? dude is the laziest guy in mma. he hates to train and would rather hang out in vietnamese hostess coffee shops then be in the gym.

believe me, he's probably gonna struggle getting down to 215.

I forgot about TUF tonight. Anyone check it out?

Pretty boring, IMO. Same ol reality show drama. This time with testosterone, team camaraderie and competition.

Pretty much, long storied fight team versus bombastic new upstart. The shade that was thrown by one of the fighters during the first fight weigh in. You have one team led by a BJJ Black Belt who knows how to fight and another team led by a fat guy who knows how to fix things.

The first fight was pretty boring. Just wrestle crap. Both fighters looked lack luster and Dana expressed his displeasure about it.

People are shitting on DJ for headlining but forget that it was TJ Dillashaw who pulled out of the main event.
They learned it from Uncle Dana who publicly shamed Jon Jones for the failure of 151 when it was Dan Henderson who not only backed out but hid the nature of his injury to everyone but Chael who just so campaigns for the replacement slot and gets it like 4 days before the fight.

Also I don't blame DJ I blame UFC for allowing him to headline. They know he doesn't draw and they have the numbers to prove it but they're staying the course for some reason. But what can you expect from an org that tries to sell us on Jacare vs Camozzi 2 as a legit match up for a comain and then have Dana yell at anyone that questions it.

TheChits

I'm just bummed that Horiguchi is getting rushed into the title fight. He could be a legit threat if he was brought up through the ranks properly :(

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I'm just bummed that Horiguchi is getting rushed into the title fight. He could be a legit threat if he was brought up through the ranks properly :(

Horiguchi is severely underrated. His Shotokan Karate style tends to confuse opponents the same way that Machida did back in his prime. I think DJ is going to have his hands full. This kid is no joke.

TheChits

Lauzon vs Gomi added to that insane UFC on Fox card
TJ Dillashaw vs. Renan Barao
Myles Jury vs. Anthony Pettis
Jessica Eye vs. Miesha Tate
Erik Koch vs. Ramsey Nijem
Danny Castillo vs. Rustam Khabilov
Joe Lauzon vs Takanori Gomi

Horiguchi is severely underrated. His Shotokan Karate style tends to confuse opponents the same way that Machida did back in his prime. I think DJ is going to have his hands full. This kid is no joke.

Indeed. I look forward to seeing his performance against Johnson, but I think mighty mouse is just on another level from everyone in the division right now.

Top Bottom