• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

They need the cards as the roster is so large. Someone did the math here. Breaking the roster into leagues could be a solution, but it's a much harder sell to get people in the arena and watching the show when a card is B-league only fighters.

See....it really depends. You put those B-league cards in areas that follow MMA closely and know those fighters.

Honestly...look at the Sac UFC on Fox card coming up. IMO it's a high level B-league card. Putting fun cards like that can go over well.

Im pretty sure that card is selling well from looking at ticketmaster.

N° 2048

MSI-Gaming-Logo-Horizontal.png

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
See....it really depends. You put those B-league cards in areas that follow MMA closely and know those fighters.

Honestly...look at the Sac UFC on Fox card coming up. IMO it's a high level B-league card. Putting fun cards like that can go over well.

Im pretty sure that card is selling well from looking at ticketmaster.

I'm going!

Eanan

Awww here we go again

Why Cali? That's an empty bluff by him. Not like Mayweather would ever fight outside of Vegas.

Probably to pressure other states into giving him a licence.

Or maybe as others are saying. Its a power play after having his featherweight title stripped.

"Give me a stake in this company or else."

Wait - Tim Elliott was gone from the UFC? Or was that just for the sake of putting him on the TUF show?

EDIT: Huh he's been gone since 2015.

Why Cali? That's an empty bluff by him. Not like Mayweather would ever fight outside of Vegas.

Conor stated emphatically he's never fighting in Nevada again. He hates the NSAC.

Two Time ‏@AldoEddiegotya 31m31 minutes ago

@arielhelwani In theory McGregor is now covered by the Muhammad Ali Reform Boxing Act's and can dispute contractual obligations with the UFC

Is this true?

In May 2016, a bill was introduced to Congress by Markwayne Mullin, a politician and former MMA fighter, to extend the Ali Act to mixed martial arts.

No updates ever since...

So Pettis had his cars vandalized and set on fire last month. This month, his cars were burglarized and he caught it on video. Gonna be a distraction when you have a fight coming up. Pettis, I know you wanna rep your city but perhaps you need to move to a gated community.

https://youtu.be/xR1AHwCBKfY

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
not pulling a MMA-GAF meme, but who is tim elliot?

He's that guy who was last seen way back in 2015, when he was cut for losing three in a row.

He's fighting for the flyweight title Saturday. Sure to be a huge ratings hit, what with all the Johnson vs TBA promotion that's been done.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
He's that guy who was last seen way back in 2015, when he was cut for losing three in a row.

He's fighting for the flyweight title Saturday. Sure to be a huge ratings hit, what with all the Johnson vs TBA promotion that's been done.

now you're pulling my leg

Heel

Good Lord, ESPN won't stop talking about Conor's boxing license. Today I learned Mike & Mike are now MMA experts.

Good Lord, ESPN won't stop talking about Conor's boxing license. Today I learned Mike & Mike are now MMA experts.
It's been the water cooler talk all day with all my casual MMA fan coworkers. They're all ready to buy the PPV on May 5th weekend apparently.

Jon Jones on Rogan was fine but he's full of crap about the "demons" being alcohol and weed.

Bruh.... you are not fleeing the scene of an accident and hopping fences just cause you smoked a bowl.

I think its ESPN trying to get Dana and WME to sign a deal with them for the next TV deal.

Nah. It's anything that has to do with Mayweather getting a lot of viewers.

I just don't see it possibly happening without Vegas. It's leaving too much money on the table for Mayweather. Connor already wants too large a percentage for Mayweather I think and losing out on Vegas money makes it a no go completely.

Connor wants to pressure this into happening but he doesn't have anywhere close to enough heat to leverage any better of a deal than what Mayweather would allow.

There is nothing to gain for Mayweather at all besides more money... that he doesn't need.

If he gets caught though ? Jesus Christ lol.... legacy gone

Nah. It's anything that has to do with Mayweather getting a lot of viewers.

I just don't see it possibly happening without Vegas. It's leaving too much money on the table for Mayweather. Connor already wants too large a percentage for Mayweather I think and losing out on Vegas money makes it a no go completely.

Connor wants to pressure this into happening but he doesn't have anywhere close to enough heat to leverage any better of a deal than what Mayweather would allow.

Pretty much why most real MMA followers aren't buying it as serious. Right now it's entirely a game of Conor trying to get both Dana AND Floyd to cave. Everyone but Conor bets a maximum of one of them does on his absolute best day.

While I won't go as far as saying they did nothing... It was always pretty clear these guys got the jobs as a thank you for destroying themselves and in doing so helping build the UFC into a successful promotion.

It's not at all shocking new owners wouldn't care about that.

At the same time it does say something that Dana and The Fertittas didn't put in a job security clause for these guys as a part of the deal.

Haunted

Conor McGregor refutes that he ever agreed to give up his belt.

oh boy, here we go. choicest quotes:

"They're trying to strip me. Well, I ain't stripped. I still got that belt," McGregor said. "That belt's sitting in my home right now. I'm still the two-weight world champion. Someone's got to come take that off me. I see articles. I see stuff online, but I don’t see the belt not in my presence.

"The belt is right there. There's two world titles in my home."

"Eddie's still unconscious, what do you mean? I only fought last week. Them belts are mine. Whatever they want to say — 'oh well we took the belt, the belt is this guy's belt' — you can play with those fake belts all you want. Jose (Aldo) was KO'd. Eddie was KO'd," McGregor said.

"You're looking at the two weight world champion and that's it!"

"I'll say to the UFC and I love the company — you're fooling nobody. You're fooling nobody with that," McGregor said. "Best of luck to them. I still got them belts. Somebody's got to come take them belts from me physically. Not online. Not through a keyboard. The keyboard warriors trying to take them belts.

"You've got to take those belts off me physically to come get them."

lol The UFC has this entire season/tournament dedicated to finding Mighty Mouse a new opponent only to have a UFC reject win it.
Says a lot more about the quality of flyweights in every other MMA organisation than about the concept/premise of the tournament tbh (which I found quite entertaining).

Top Bottom