• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

If someone has to hold Conor down and wrestle his 145 belt away from him, why did he have to borrow Woodley's belt to pose in the cage with two belts

Why did he not even notice his 145 belt was the one Eddie took at the pre-fight presser

I'm not even gonna give Conor or his fans the dignity of asking "why did he not call it his 145 pound belt" because he's never fighting in that division again, he knows it, you know it, we all know it, so why would he remember the division the belt's in

ed: I wonder if that second belt at his home actually is still Woodley's, would make his whinefest even funnier

Also, credit where it's due, it is nice of him to finally comment on the matter he really does care about almost a full week after it originally happened. Meanwhile when his fight was pulled off 200 he cried about it on Twitter within the hour

iddqd

The belt talk is just bullshit, they get new belts for every fight.
There is a UFC embedded where Bisping asks Dana on the phone about it and Dana says that he can leave the belt at home.
That shit probably costs the UFC 200 bucks if even.

Haunted

I mean, this isn't really about who actually has one of the gaudy cheap-looking UFC belt replicas hanging in their house, this is about the premier fighter of the organisation not acknowledging the authority of the UFC to take away a belt.

iddqd

I mean, this isn't really about who actually has one of the gaudy cheap-looking UFC belt replicas hanging in their house, this is about the premier fighter of the organisation not acknowledging the authority of the UFC to take away a belt.

yeah, I keep wondering when THE MAC LIFE turns into an MMA organisation.

Big draw =/= premier fighter.

What this is, is Conor running his mouth because it gets him attention.

It's honestly so weird how people buy into rhetoric. He's just a talented fighter. And not even a uniquely impressive fighter. Not undefeated. Not the longest win streak. Zero title defenses.

His only real claim is holding two titles at once and that required him to literally ignore the division that his first title was earned in for well over a year to do. He basically held that division hostage and it worked because UFC brass focus on squeezing every dime out of anyone with the slightest bit of heat while they can before they flame out over trying to put together interesting and exciting match ups based on skill sets and performance.

Chesskid1

Banned
like everyday there is a ufc fighter bashing the ufc, from the biggest draws to people who fight on the prelims

pretty glorious. i wonder if there can be a relatively seamless transition to a union.

Maynard is a fucking idiot. You are down 0-2, have him in half guard and step away because you are so scared to exchange on the ground. And to top it off your ass is salty that he won't exchange with you on the feet? Send this can to Bellator.

Fox318

Anyone has any tips for getting UFC tickets?

Thinking about getting 208 tickets in Brooklyn.

They still need to announce the event though...

iddqd

Fight Companion is off to a quick start with the conspiracy theory.

"I bet you believe in vaccines."

Fucking Eddie Bravo, lmao.

WAdmZNv.gif

They saved Ellenberger from getting the shit kicked out of him for another round. He was outclassed.

I always wondered why they don't make the Octagon out of some super hard plexiglass. Would prevent grabbing the fence too. And would probably make for some cool visuals of guys getting smashed into it.

iddqd

Masvidal always reminds me of Mousasi (before his recent rise).
Great jobber, always super close to the top and then looses.

And Ellenberger should hang it up if he wants to read books in his 40s

Masvidal was winning that, but Ellenberger still had a fighting chance even if he was getting whooped.

They saved Ellenberger from getting the shit kicked out of him for another round. He was outclassed.

I always wondered why they don't make the Octagon out of some super hard plexiglass. Would prevent grabbing the fence too. And would probably make for some cool visuals of guys getting smashed into it.

A fighter hitting their head off Plexiglas sounds like a nightmare.

Fox318

They want some flexibility so guys can't just slam them into the wall or somebody gets trapped with nowhere for their head to move after a strike.

Plus they like the imagery of it being a cage.

In an ideal world we would just have a giant flat plane for them to fight in but even then people would be towards the boundary.

iddqd

Good! If you tell them you will take one next time, take a point.
Fucking commentators pretending THAT THIS IS CRAZY

The second groin kick was unfortunate, that wasn't due to Cejudo aiming low but Benavidez moving into it. The point deduction is correct but it's still unfortunate.

Top Bottom