• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Heel

Meanwhile, on Saturday...

Glory: Collision (PPV on UFC.TV, 4 PM ET)

Rico Verhoeven vs. Badr Hari
Welterweight Title: Nieky Holzken vs. Cedric Doumbe
Jamal Ben Saddik vs. Ismael Londt
Women’s Super Bantamweight Grand Prix Finals

Superfight Series (UFC Fight Pass, 1:30 PM ET)

Danyo Ilunga vs. Michael Duut
Harut Grigorian vs. Danijel Solaja
Women’s GP Semifinal: Tiffany van Soest vs. Jessica Gladstone
Women’s GP Semifinal: Isis Verbeek vs. Amel Dehby
Andrej Bruhl vs. Tyjani Beztati

Glory 36 Germany (ESPN3, 11 AM ET)

Lightweight Title: Sittichai Sitsongpeenong vs. Marat Grigorian
Lightweight Tournament Finals
Mosab Amrani vs. Fabio Pinca
Semifinal: Yodkhunpon vs. Hysni Beqiri
Semifinal: Dylan Salvador vs. Anatoly Moiseev

XNa3Yy8.gif

brentech

Stop messing with the champ champ and this shit wouldn't happen.

edit: speaking of the Champ Champ, I just caught wind of this: "Game of Thrones Casts MMA Fighter Conor McGregor in Mystery Role", "“I knew a few months ago they were interested in putting him in the show,” White said. “I’m glad he did it. It’ll be great.”"

Dr.Acula

Banned
As I may have mentioned, I'm going to this fight (fuckme,right?.gif), this is my first time, so even though it's been a shit-show, the novelty should make up for it. I'm just wondering what the schedule is for the undercard situation, and when I should go? There's an early pre-lim too? What's the time between the prelims and the main event, can you come in and go out of the arena? Any other GAFfers coming out?

Fox318

Well the reigning champ lost his last fight in 13 seconds so the standards of quality for the division aren't exactly high.

At least he lasted 5 rounds against Frankie recently.

And Frankie would beat everyone else in the division including Conor.

This is UFC's fault for dicking GSP around and for that fucking reebok deal.

Levito

Banned
I don't think I've heard anything more absurd than "there's a belt on the line but only if one guy wins".

Stripping Conor really was never the issue, he was still an active fighter and clearly didn't want to go back down to featherweight. What IS the issue the reason they stripped him: "Daniel Cormier gets hurt and the main event is off, so we're going to take Conor's featherweight belt"--like that's why they did it, it makes no fucking sense at all. That Interim title is NOT going to sell any extra pay per view buys. If they had just NOT tried to fuck GSP over, none of this shitshow would have happened.

Frankie is a smaller version of Eddie Alvarez with less KO power.

Good luck.

He's really not though. Frankie usually grinds people out with wrestling and pushing a crazy pace. Eddie has a long documented history of all out wars, he's one of those fighters that easily gets lulled into wild exchanges(watch the Michael Chandler fights). I think that's why Conor beat him so easily, cause Eddie kept trying to trade and Conor's amazing boxing/counter striking just obliterated him. Apparently Eddie's gameplan was supposed to be use a lot of leg kicks and go for takedowns, in the very beginning of the fight he starts with leg kicks but quickly abandons it to try and trade punches like an idiot.

That said I do think Conor would destroy Frankie, Edgar gets hit too much and is a lot smaller than Conor.

Chesskid1

Banned
there is a promo code UFCBELFAST for ufc fight pass (i believe they handed out flyers during the ufc event), 1 month free and no credit card/paypal/etc required, i just used it

just sign up for ufc fightpass and when you purchase theres a place to enter the code

OmegaX06

You can get a free month of fight pass - no credit card required if you use the promo code UFCBELFAST. Just in time for Glory tomorrow as well.

Edit - Looks like Chesskid just posted this :)

Fox318

Between guys grabbing the cage and last week with somebody getting their toes stuck I wish the UFC fought in a ring. Yeah wrestlers would have a game plan taken away and your would have to reset fighters but I can't help but feel fights would be better.

Levito

Banned
Mike Goldberg is one of those people at your work that's terrible at their job and only has it because of how long they've been there.

Anyone but Anik. Stann and Florian suck as color commentators too. They're boring to listen to. They all have that coma inducing way of announcing where every word has the except same pitch and their prosody is highly regular and artificial. And they say nothing of substance -- just cliches or irrelevant facts.

Goldberg is shit and Rogan sometimes has weed brain where he zeroes in on one thing in a fight never let's go of it, but they're a million times more entertaining than the rest of the trash the UFC employees.

I take that back, actually. The British announce team, John Gooden and Dan Hardy, are pretty good.

Levito

Banned
Brendan Schaub is one of the most insufferable humans. His podcast is the fucking worst.

"Agree'd 100%

*interrupts people*

I disagree, bro."

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Anyone but Anik. Stann and Florian suck as color commentators too. They're boring to listen to. They all have that coma inducing way of announcing where every word has the except same pitch and their prosody is highly regular and artificial. And they say nothing of substance -- just cliches or irrelevant facts.

Goldberg is shit and Rogan sometimes has weed brain where he zeroes in on one thing in a fight never let's go of it, but they're a million times more entertaining than the rest of the trash the UFC employees.

I take that back, actually. The British announce team, John Gooden and Dan Hardy, are pretty good.

I don't know if Stann and Florian suck, but they've been doing this for years and I still can't tell which one is talking until I see them between fights.

Top Bottom