• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

dream

More like pussiest tap I've ever seen. It's one thing losing 5 rounds to someone. It's a whole other thing to give up, to cry uncle, to beg for mercy when there's ONE SECOND LEFT IN THE FIGHT. Congratulations, you just got your ass whooped for 24:59, then went out like a bitch.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Horiguchi needs to work on TDD. He's still young, he'll be back.

That being said, DJ is the most boring champion the UFC has EVER had. Bar none. This arm bar means nothing. It's like dunking in a basketball game during garbage time.

Horiguchi needs to work on TDD. He's still young, he'll be back.

That being said, DJ is the most boring champion the UFC has EVER had. Bar none. This arm bar means nothing. It's like dunking in a basketball game during garbage time.

it's not his fault he just makes everyone else look like a chump, if someone with equal skill comes around it'll be more entertainign for us to see.

(but yeah outside of fighting he's pretty boring)

Razdek

Banned
More like pussiest tap I've ever seen. It's one thing losing 5 rounds to someone. It's a whole other thing to give up, to cry uncle, to beg for mercy when there's ONE SECOND LEFT IN THE FIGHT. Congratulations, you just got your ass whooped for 24:59, then went out like a bitch.

Yep, total bitch move but then again the word "bitch" is probably flattering in Japanese.

Dr.Acula

Banned

I'd tap quick if it were Rousey though, I don't want six months of rehab, lol.

dream

While reading one of the PSP pedophile threads, I learned that we use "-chan" as an honorific for girls, and "-kun" as an honorific for boys. So I'm calling him Horiguchi-chan from now on.

I'll never understand how people find Johnson boring (4 finishes in his last 5 fights in a division with not very many stoppages), yet for example finding Rampage exciting who goes to decision in virtually every evenly matched fight and looks demoralized when he's forced into any strategy besides throwing hooks at the opponent's head.

VASPER

Banned
QRJ wears a chain to the ring, man.

And howls when he gets a knock out, we all know why we like him more. I think the reason we don't care about the 125 div is because we kinda only know MM and Dodson and we don't have anybody to get behind. In a certain sense the 145 div was boring until Chad and Conor showed up.

pixelation

Arghh... freaking Demetrious, last time i see one of his fights. The only way i'm watching another one of his fights is after i find out that he lost. I LOATHE that guy... boring as all hell... those dumbass ears...all the iddle time on top of his opponents w/o doing anything worthwhile...arghh... seeing him win causes physical pain.

Guru-Guru

Banned
I'll never understand how people find Johnson boring (4 finishes in his last 5 fights in a division with not very many stoppages), yet for example finding Rampage exciting who goes to decision in virtually every evenly matched fight and looks demoralized when he's forced into any strategy besides throwing hooks at the opponent's head.
Because it's impossible to get hyped for his fights when nobody in the division is close to his level? Look at Horiguchi. Hadn't fought anybody in the top 10 of the flyweight division, yet gets a title shot solely because there is nobody left for Johnson to fight. How does the UFC expect people to care for a Johnson championship fight when there is ZERO build up to it? Add to that, Johnson has no charisma, no mic skills, and even with finishes his fights are still somehow boring.

Hate on Rampage all you want, but at least in his heyday he had some personality, mic skills, and just looked cool.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Demetrious and Ronda have the same problem really. Both their divisions are filled with fighters that are so below them in talent and experience that they could easily defend their belts 10-20 times before father time provides them with a challenge that no human ever did.

I imagine that DJ will only be sufficiently challenged when a reasonable contender drops down from 135 to face him. Either that or John Dodson comes back with a vengeance. But at this point he's got more padding (Moraga, Cariaso, Horiguchi, etc) on his record than he does in his shoes.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
The UFC scored an attendance of 10,154 with their efforts at UFC 186 on Saturday in Montreal.

The gate for the event,which took place at the Belle Centre,drew $668,000.

Canadian fans wisening up.

Because it's impossible to get hyped for his fights when nobody in the division is close to his level? Look at Horiguchi. Hadn't fought anybody in the top 10 of the flyweight division, yet gets a title shot solely because there is nobody left for Johnson to fight. How does the UFC expect people to care for a Johnson championship fight when there is ZERO build up to it? Add to that, Johnson has no charisma, no mic skills, and even with finishes his fights are still somehow boring.

Hate on Rampage all you want, but at least in his heyday he had some personality, mic skills, and just looked cool.

I totally get why a casual fan wouldn't care about his fights, there's just a long tradition of heavyweight being the most prestigious division in combat sports and flyweight couldn't be any farther away from that.

But for someone who watches the majority of UFC cards, he's just incredible. There are so many UFC fighters who will never change up their strategy no matter how badly the fight is going, but Johnson switches it up almost proactively just so the opponent won't know what's coming next, and it opens up so many options for him.

I heard people booing all the takedowns but I believe he was legit trying to pass guard on each one and Horiguchi was doing a great job of getting back to his feet. I always thought GSP would conveniently let people back up after a takedown so he could drag them down again and score more "points," but I don't think that's what Johnson is doing.

His promos are alright but people just aren't drawn to a guy with a squeaky voice no matter what he says. Also there's a long tradition of declaring champions invincible and then it doesn't work out i.e. Machida, Silva, GSP, Penn, Barao. Johnson has been in trouble a few times.

FACE

Banned
I went to sleep after the second round and it was the second best decision I took yesterday(best was deciding to watch heel play Shovel Knight).

While reading one of the PSP pedophile threads, I learned that we use "-chan" as an honorific for girls, and "-kun" as an honorific for boys. So I'm calling him Horiguchi-chan from now on.

LMAO.

Heel

The best part is, due to an armbar 24:59 into a fight, Dana had the opportunity to say the card was awesome and said anyone who walked out of the arena in round four, as reported, was like someone leaving a basketball game before their team made a miraculous comeback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEdKvgSlDZs

Never change, Dana.

alr1ght

UFC 158 @ Bell Centre
Attendance: 16,523
Total gate: $3,630,166
($220 avg ticket price)

UFC 186 @ Bell Centre
Attendance: 10,154
Total gate: $668,000
($66 avg ticket price)

( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o)

alr1ght

Rumor is Bones is out.

i65uJm2.png

Yaari

Wonder what for, because I'm reading some rumors about some possible crime that was committed. All unverified rumors for now as far as I'm concerned, but I'm pretty sure that he's not going to fight. I find FRB credible enough to take that away from it atleast.

Chael did call it eh.

alr1ght

Oh shit

FrontRowBrian®
‏@FrontRowBrian
LATEST ON JON JONES. is in custody in ABQ. 3 car accident.Ran red light. Allegedly under the influence. Jones ran from scene. Cocaine found

@FrontRowBrian · 41s 41 seconds ago
LATEST ON JON JONES. is in custody in ABQ. 3 car accident.Ran red light. Allegedly under the influence. Jones ran from scene. Cocaine found

pls be true

EDIT: Someone put up a rumor thread in OT. I want the Jon Jones marks to see this.

alr1ght

FrontRowBrian® @FrontRowBrian · 2m 2 minutes ago
There’s also a rumor Jones struck a vehicle driven by a pregnant woman. I have no information on anyone’s condition.

what a shitbag if true.

Dysun

jon jones is a good christian who was around some bad folks the one time who peer pressured him into taking a bump ( well 2 if you count the treacherous blondes when he DUI wrecked in NY), it cant be

Top Bottom