• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Horiguchi is severely underrated. His Shotokan Karate style tends to confuse opponents the same way that Machida did back in his prime. I think DJ is going to have his hands full. This kid is no joke.
You have to keep in mind that Horiguchi looked good against complete bums to get his title shot. He didn't have to face Dodson, Benavidez, McCall, or anybody in the top 10 of the division. Yes, he's talented and young, but in all likelihood he will get soundly beat on Saturday.

The first episode of TUF is so boring

They think people care about the owners of ATT and the Blackzillians?

They've also gone over the first fight like 10 times, they could have done this whole episode in half an hour, not nearly enough content

Edit - Did not realize the first episode is 1.5 hours........who thought that was a good idea for a season that doesn't show the fighters fighting to get into the house or showing off to the coaches picking the teams?!?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
What are the odds on the Japanese dude winning?

I ask because not even my go-to gambling website cares about this card.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I like how on the 1st ep of TUF that Dana basically shitted on the two fighters for their weak performance. What a great start.

You have to keep in mind that Horiguchi looked good against complete bums to get his title shot. He didn't have to face Dodson, Benavidez, McCall, or anybody in the top 10 of the division. Yes, he's talented and young, but in all likelihood he will get soundly beat on Saturday.
So he got the Glover, Connor treatment...

I'm sure he's a legit fighter but they pretty much did the same with Alexis Davis and Sarah McMann. Jon Jones too but he's a special individual.

They put the rocket on these kids back just to drum up title contenders even when they know they're not ready and don't have quite enough experience to contend for a title.

pixelation

Anyone here watching the Mayweather vs Pacquiao match?, if so who are you ROOTING for?, i'm rooting for Pac myself, and hell yes i'm watching it...

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
So he got the Glover, Connor treatment...

I'm sure he's a legit fighter but they pretty much did the same with Alexis Davis and Sarah McMann. Jon Jones too but he's a special individual.

They put the rocket on these kids back just to drum up title contenders even when they know they're not ready and don't have quite enough experience to contend for a title.
Don't really think you can count mid 30s 20+ fight veteran Glover Texeira as a kid rushed into a title shot, but yeah, Horiguchi is getting rushed. The Machida comparison holds water; I expect him to come up short when it comes to overall grappling and boxing defence.

industrian

Man, Bispin's eye is creeping me out. What fight did he get that injury again?

I don't think it was from a fight. IIRC he was going to fight in an event in England and needed to pull out to get surgery on a detached retina.

Speaking of eyes, what's up with Alan Belcher? Is he retired now?

MjFrancis

I'm rooting for fuckery.
Best bet right here.

Personally, I'm not going to spend any money that will end up in Mayweather's hands. That's how much I don't like the guy and that's why he is going to be laughing all the way to the bank. People will pay that PPV money hoping they will see him get KTFO.

And that's not going to happen.

industrian

qGQw2XW.png

'straya.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I don't think I have any interest in watching any of these fights. Hopefully the playoff games aren't blowouts. Maybe I'll watch Rampage/Titty's first round.

Pretty decent so far. As far as Johnson goes, I feel he is a really good fighter. Don't really get the hate for him in that regard. My main beef with him that he has zero personality from what I've seen. He is such a boring champion. The most terrible thing you can have someone do when you are being looked upon is not have an opinion about you. He is literally a blank slate to me. A perfect void as a personality.

Edit: low blow!

Top Bottom