• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

N° 2048

Brett Okamoto reporting Werdum vs Velasquez is off. NSAC ruled out Velasquez for medical reasons.

barnet.gif

It turns out publicly saying you already have a surgery scheduled for after a fight (that hasn't happened yet) is bad, and will make athletic commissions decide against allowing said fight.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
It turns out publicly saying you already have a surgery scheduled for after a fight (that hasn't happened yet) is bad, and will make athletic commissions decide against allowing said fight.
10 days out and he was saying he couldn't stand for more than 10 minutes.

-MD-

Cain Velasquez ‏@cainmma 15m15 minutes ago
Was just cleared by Dr 30 mins ago and then he conferenced the Nevada Athletic Commision and spoke to them and recleared me with them.

Brett Okamoto
‏@bokamotoESPN
NSAC executive director Bob Bennett has confirmed on record Cain's license has been suspended for medical reasons.

Chumley

Banned
Brett Okamoto
‏@bokamotoESPN
NSAC executive director Bob Bennett has confirmed on record Cain's license has been suspended for medical reasons.

He should retire. He's never getting ahead of his injuries. That surgery talk was a huge red flag.

Also shut down AKA forever. Fucking pathetic excuse for a gym.

Fox318

Cains UFC career:

• Killed the biggest drawing star the orginzation had and practically forced him to retire
  • No showed the first prime time network show with that shit fight with Dos Anjos
  • Injured so much he practically never fought
  • Him being at heavyweight forced team mate Cormier to cut and we lost our on a fucking star heavyweight fighter
  • Despite saying he fights from Mexico he didn't want to train in Mexico city and gassed out

Weckum

Fucking Cain...

Cains UFC career:

• Killed the biggest drawing star the orginzation had and practically forced him to retire
    [*]No showed the first prime time network show with that shit fight with Dos Anjos
  • Injured so much he practically never fought
  • Him being at heavyweight forced team mate Cormier to cut and we lost our on a fucking star heavyweight fighter
  • Despite saying he fights from Mexico he didn't want to train in Mexico city and gassed out

I would pay good money to see Cain get murked by Dos Anjos. Sadly, it was Dos Santos.

Cain's body sounds wrecked. Talking about how his back is so bad he can't stand for more than 10 minutes, yet he expected to be able to compete in high level mma?

When he was healthy though he was amazing to watch. Dude just had unlimited cardio.

Cain was asking to be dropped from the fight. Dude wants no part of Werdum again. You don't leak out days before your fight that your body is wrecked, you have major back surgery scheduled, and that you've been taking CBD oil to help with pain.

Edit: Black Beast asking for the fight.

Chumley

Banned
Cain was asking to be dropped from the fight. Dude wants no part of Werdum again. You don't leak out days before your fight that your body is wrecked, you have major back surgery scheduled, and that you've been taking CBD oil to help with pain.

Exactly.

Also, rumor is JDS was looking to be a backup incase Cain dropped out but Werdum said fuck no. Lol.

Weckum

Edit: Black Beast asking for the fight.

I didn't know I wanted this until now.

ScientificPowerlessHuman.gif

Eanan

5 days to Honda's return. All my casual friends DGAF.

Im betting on max 500k buys. Shes not that big a draw anymore, and the complete media ban wont help at all, not to mention its Christmas season.

Pls Nunes, KO her into the shadow realm and make her vanish for good

@ZidanSports
Respected Russian outlet @izvestia_ru is reporting that Khabib vs. Ferguson is a done deal to headline UFC 209. Says UFC will announce soon.

VoxPop

I didn't know I wanted this until now.

ScientificPowerlessHuman.gif

You don't.

Lol Cain is the worst type of fighter to have on your roster.

Always injured and can't draw but still elite enough to have to be paid 6 figures and not be let go. Well I guess it wouldn't hurt anymore to send him packing to Bellator but the HW roster is so thin and you'd have other 38+ year old guys at the top and scrubs like Lewis.

So Cains camp are wroking on clearing Cain.

What has Cain done to his body? Ive never seen anybody pull out as much as Cain. Its unbelievable.

@ZidanSports
Respected Russian outlet @izvestia_ru is reporting that Khabib vs. Ferguson is a done deal to headline UFC 209. Says UFC will announce soon.

duance-dance.gif

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Yeah, not letting people know a fight is happening is a great media tactic...

I have yet to see ESPN's NBA writer talking about Honda/UFC 207, which means it hasn't even been mentioned.

All this is doing is costing her money via PPV points, but she probably doesn't realize that.

You don't publicize that shit days prior to your fight, i have fought with injuries before, if you wanna fight, u don't say shit.

It sounds a lot like you're saying he was scared of fighting and losing, when by all accounts if he was scared of anything it's "not being able to walk in 3 years"

He said what he said at the union announcement, the committee and organization looked and asked further and he said he was having problems

His body has been deteriorating pretty publicly for the last 5 full years, AKA has notoriously overworked people who are even healthy, and frankly he should not be fighting anymore with this in mind. Last thing I'm going to fault him for is at least being up-front about what's happening to him

Heel

You don't publicize that shit days prior to your fight, i have fought with injuries before, if you wanna fight, u don't say shit.

I'm failing to see the issue with a fighter pulling out of a fight if they're injured, which Cain has done before. Why would he choose this roundabout way of getting pulled from the fight instead?

Makes zero sense.

VoxPop

Fedor vs Cain could easily do 150K buys. Bellator/Rizin needs to put this together before its too late. Fedor vs Chael isn't bad either since he loves fighting middleweights.

I'm glad Khabib isn't at AKA anymore. If Ferguson makes it past Khabib, I can see him taking the strap off Conor. Just seems like a nightmare matchup unless Conor gets a quick finish. I've done a complete 180 on my outlook of Ferguson and he's grown immensely as a fighter. He's come a long way from TUF.
'

Top Bottom