• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Fox318

He's going to be on another PPV, make no mistake. The wrestling fans watch cause they want him to succeed, the MMA fans want to watch the 'wwe guy' fail; easy thing for the company to sell.

They could let Sage crush him to put Sage back on track or w/e

lol.

I'd argue most wrestling fans hate Punk.

Levito

Banned
lol.

I'd argue most wrestling fans hate Punk.

idk much about that world, so you're probably right. There was a lot of wrestle-gaf that were excited to see him in the UFC203 OT. Though I guess there was a ton of wrestle-gaf laughing at his expense in that thread too.

My point being he can easily be fed to young guns over and over cause there are so many eyes on him.

The Aldo slander up in this thread, smh. Y'all shameful.

Naah, Aldo is being a baby. I've been(was) a fan of Aldo forever, but this "I never lost the championship" stuff is mental backflips to the max. Conor destroyed him and the same thing would probably happen again, if anyone is a paper champion, it's Aldo right now.

Fox318

Cain Velasquez ready for Fabricio Werdum despite ongoing pain http://es.pn/2hsPrDf
via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

Nine days from now, Cain Velasquez will face Fabricio Werdum in a three-round heavyweight fight at UFC 207 in Las Vegas.

That in itself is amazing, considering Velasquez is currently having difficulty standing upright any longer than 10 minutes because of pain in his lower body.

This is why it's a blessing Cain doesn't have the belt. At least with Steipe we could get 3 fights a year.

Weckum

What the fuck are AKA doing to their fighters to have them all constantly fucking crippled??

UmfMEd.gif

Yep. Immediately after. He's also taking medical marijuana to deal with the back pain. No clue how that works out with the commission/drug tests. You can't get exemptions for weed, right?

Not that any commission will recognize. Matt Riddle had one in Nevada and the NSAC still dinged him and then UFC let him go.

Tater Tot

"My God... it's full of Starch!"
This was her first random drug test outside of the normal fight camp testing. It would make sense and be the reason that she turned down a championship fight in a weight class designed specifically for her. Especially since her last fight was in September and she was tested on December 5th so medication for severe weight cut goes out the window.

Can't really take a stance though until they reveal what exactly it was that she poped for.

52-year-old politician/pro wrestler Shinobu Kandori got hurt

Gabi Garcia's new opponent is 49-year-old (50 in two weeks!) pro wrestler Yumiko Hotta, who is shorter and lighter than Kandori was in that ridiculous image of Kandori/Garcia facing off

RIP

This was her first random drug test outside of the normal fight camp testing. It would make sense and be the reason that she turned down a championship fight in a weight class designed specifically for her. Especially since her last fight was in September and she was tested on December 5th so medication for severe weight cut goes out the window.

Can't really take a stance though until they reveal what exactly it was that she poped for.

The medication is part of the POST fight therapy and I believe her this time. However it doesnt mean that she didnt juice her brains out in the past (she has).

The ultimate should just set up an interview with Ronda and Cris and ask them difficult questions. Ronda is bipolar and crazy and she could break Justinos armor and make her cry and thats when I grab the popcorn and let it rock!

pixelation

The medication is part of the POST fight therapy and I believe her this time. However it doesnt mean that she didnt juice her brains out in the past (she has).

The ultimate should just set up an interview with Ronda and Cris and ask them difficult questions. Ronda is bipolar and crazy and she could break Justinos armor and make her cry and thats when I grab the popcorn and let it rock!

Diuretics can be used to mask usage of other things.

Chumley

Banned

After Ronda gets smashed next week it won't matter because we'll never hear from her regarding anything related to UFC ever again.

Her publicists will demand that no interviewer for movies or whatever even fucking bring up that she was ever a UFC fighter, I have no doubt. Ronda is insane, I can't think of a single story by anyone in the company that makes her come off like a mentally stable person, whereas there's several backing up crazy shit like Meisha Tate's stories.

Mega

Banned
Sage would still work CM.

They need to find a genuine bum for CM, someone with zero fight experience.

Has to be in terrible shape too. A physically fit man with no fight experience but youth, speed and explosive power on his side would kill him.

After Ronda gets smashed next week it won't matter because we'll never hear from her regarding anything related to UFC ever again.

Her publicists will demand that no interviewer for movies or whatever even fucking bring up that she was ever a UFC fighter, I have no doubt. Ronda is insane, I can't think of a single story by anyone in the company that makes her come off like a mentally stable person, whereas there's several backing up crazy shit like Meisha Tate's stories.

What stories? I only saw the stuff on TUF. The coaches always play up the feud for the cameras but Ronda came out of that looking like a legit nutcase with real mental problems.

What stories? I only saw the stuff on TUF. The coaches always play up the feud for the cameras but Ronda came out of that looking like a legit nutcase with real mental problems.

A big part of Ronda coiming out looking poorly was because Tate played innocent but it's known that Tate and Calloway are both shitty to opponents out of public. Like the incident where one of them elbowed Cat Zingano in the back of the head while walking behind her chair backstage at an event.

Eanan

So Honda doesn't have to do any media for UFC 207, can avoid any questions, yet Conor gets kicked from 200 for not wanting to do a presser.

Makes sense. And people say Conor gets preferential treatment. At least it's understandable if he does due to the draw he is. Dana has no backbone towards Honda.

brentech

So Honda doesn't have to do any media for UFC 207, can avoid any questions, yet Conor gets kicked from 200 for not wanting to do a presser.

Makes sense. And people say Conor gets preferential treatment. At least it's understandable if he does due to the draw he is. Dana has no backbone towards Honda.
She didn't do any for 193 either

Heel

FrontRowBrian said:
Some tidbits are leaking out at WME's strategy for their new TV deal. significant reduction in PPV's. More FOX specials.

but not just more FOX specials, more quality ones. Cards now you'd have to pay for. Better fights so WME can command more $ theoretically

If UFC says we'll cut back to 8 PPV's and we'll give you 8 FOX Specials plus all the FS1 specials.. maybe they get the $450m they want

talk is UFC's plan is for their new TV deal to bring in more $$$ domestically than PPV revenue.

in 2015, UFC brought in $462m in PPV/TV rights fees. 42% of that was PPV. 28% was FOX. New plan is for TV deal % of rev to exceed PPV's %

So I think the breakdown looks like this-- 8 Fox cards, 8 PPV's, 14-16 on FS1, 5-6 Fight Pass. Can't see FOX letting UFC get away from them

this won't be immediate. New domestic tv deal will commence late 18. UFC can also renegotiate their PPV distrib deals in 18. Get bigger cut

less shows. 42-43 to 33-35

Christmas comes early, friends. I want to believe.

Christmas comes early, friends. I want to believe.

Yesssss! This is what I've been hoping for for years now. The way the set up is now its very hard to be anything but a casual fan unless you're rich or willing to do nefarious stuff to see the content.

Top Bottom